+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 333 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 6658

Thread: Disney animation thread

  1. #6541
    Discovered Stowaway Bugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hole in the ground

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Well shit who from those eras weren't racist, sexist, or anti-semetic.
    Dahl tends to go past "a product of his time" and into "jeez, what is wrong with you." You don't write “There is a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity [...] I mean, there’s always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere; even a stinker like Hitler didn’t just pick on them for no reason" in 1983 to a British political magazine and have it ignored.

  2. #6542

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    What's that movie where an adult woman is forced to deal with her suppressed imaginary friend?
    That sounds like the plot of Paranoia Agent.

    Spoiler:

  3. #6543

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Dahl tends to go past "a product of his time" and into "jeez, what is wrong with you." You don't write “There is a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity [...] I mean, there’s always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere; even a stinker like Hitler didn’t just pick on them for no reason" in 1983 to a British political magazine and have it ignored.
    JFC.

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    That sounds like the plot of Paranoia Agent.
    Or Imaginary Mary though that's a TV show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  4. #6544

    Default Re: Disney animation thread




    There's a bunch more on the channel, I won't post them all. Beauty and the Beast, Matrix, Harry Potter....

  5. #6545
    They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Gravity Falls' Grunkle Stan improves on other Disney cartoon theme songs!

    https://youtu.be/Zw2OR97Hxwk

    https://youtu.be/lhNVg5JJts8

    (Getting real sick of video tags not working for me on just this forum! The exact same links work just fine everywhere else)
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

  6. #6546

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Testing




    I think its cause you're truncating the links rather than providing full code.

    You're using
    https://youtu.be/lhNVg5JJts8
    when the site wants
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNVg5JJts8

    Our forum is dumb.

  7. #6547
    They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    But thats what the "share" link gives me.

    Ah well.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

  8. #6548

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    But thats what the "share" link gives me.

    Ah well.
    I have to manually change it. I just add in the www. Then adjust so it spells out YouTube and not that youtu.be link.

  9. #6549
    The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I hacked ultimateclima's account

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    What has Hirsch been up to lately? Recall interviews about his dislike of Disney bureaucracy, but now he’s doing things like this and got a full series release for GF. And haven’t heard of any of his new projects that he seemed to have down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

  10. #6550

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    What has Hirsch been up to lately? Recall interviews about his dislike of Disney bureaucracy, but now he’s doing things like this and got a full series release for GF. And haven’t heard of any of his new projects that he seemed to have down the line.
    He is writing the Live Action Detective Pikachu Movie

    Kamen Rider OOOs



  11. #6551
    The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I hacked ultimateclima's account

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Apparently not.

    https://screenrant.com/detective-pik...ryan-reynolds/

    Something similar happened to his role in the animated Spider-Man film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is — maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is — doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

  12. #6552

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    But thats what the "share" link gives me.

    Ah well.
    Sure, an it probably shares great to facebook or twitter.

    But this forum is old and stupid.

  13. #6553
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    No, Disney. You do NOT take Shang out of Mulan!

    https://www.themarysue.com/disney-re...shang-keep-it/

  14. #6554
    Father of the Man Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    No, Disney. You do NOT take Shang out of Mulan!

    https://www.themarysue.com/disney-re...shang-keep-it/
    But Satsuki, Mulan is a strong independent woman who don't need no man, no matter how bicurious he may be.

  15. #6555
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    She does if he's getting replaced with a "salty, hater rival who becomes interested in Mulan after discovering she's a woman." If Mulan has to have a romance, it's Shang or nothing.

  16. #6556
    Father of the Man Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Ah, I didn't read the whole article. I just thought they were removing Shang and, ergo, Mulan's love interest entirely.

  17. #6557

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    First, Shang was bissexual? I didn't knew that.

    Second, you can't do Make a Man Out of You! without Shang.

    And finally, if Lefou was gay in the remake, then why don't you keep this still?

    Spoiler:

  18. #6558
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    First, Shang was bissexual? I didn't knew that.

    Second, you can't do Make a Man Out of You! without Shang.
    lol. I don't think there was any "official" description of Shang as bisexual, but the fact that he learned to care about "Ping" and was caring about "him" more and more before Mulan's identity was exposed, has made him something of a bisexual icon. Or as Nobodyman put it, bicurious.

    And this movie won't have any music either.

  19. #6559

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    And this movie won't have any music either.
    Yep. It's already not a Must Watch in my book.

    Spoiler:

  20. #6560

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    lol. I don't think there was any "official" description of Shang as bisexual, but the fact that he learned to care about "Ping" and was caring about "him" more and more before Mulan's identity was exposed, has made him something of a bisexual icon. Or as Nobodyman put it, bicurious.

    And this movie won't have any music either.
    Given the mockery over B&TB for it's music can't call that too much of a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts