+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 323 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 6459

Thread: Disney animation thread

  1. #6221

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    I know some people accuse Emma Watson of having a big head but really.
    And that face is a bit off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  2. #6222
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/01/...on-dumbo-movie

    Whut

    I mean, this project is questionable as best already, but...

    Whut?

  3. #6223

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Wasn't there some...Awkwardly portrayed crows in that movie?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

  4. #6224
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Will Smith riding Dumbo like he's fucking Falcor or no dice

  5. #6225
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    . . . . maybe he's playing Timothy the mouse? If so then he will ride Dumbo.

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Wasn't there some...Awkwardly portrayed crows in that movie?
    You mean these guys?



    Awkward Jim Crow connections aside, they do get the best song in the movie. And they're the only ones other than Timothy who help Dumbo.

  6. #6226
    The Cat has Returned! Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Hey, Emma Watson doll from Beauty and the Beast is out.



    Yep, they did her justice...
    That doll looks like the bastard child of the Queen of Hearts (Helena Bonham's incarnation).


    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    . . . . maybe he's playing Timothy the mouse? If so then he will ride Dumbo.



    You mean these guys?



    Awkward Jim Crow connections aside, they do get the best song in the movie. And they're the only ones other than Timothy who help Dumbo.
    Sorry , I disagree on the song... I still think Pink Elephants on Parade as the best song ;)
    Hmm... wonder if they would try to "update" the crows by having them be rappers.

  7. #6227
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    So, somehow I missed that there's going to be a TV movie, AND a series from Tangled?



    I'm not a fan of the animation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post

    Sorry , I disagree on the song... I still think Pink Elephants on Parade as the best song ;)
    Hmm... wonder if they would try to "update" the crows by having them be rappers.
    To each his own.

    And they BETTER not be rappers.

  8. #6228
    The Cat has Returned! Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    So, somehow I missed that there's going to be a TV movie, AND a series from Tangled?



    I'm not a fan of the animation.
    I agree on that, not fond of that animation style at all.

    To each his own.

    And they BETTER not be rappers.
    Main reason I liked Pink Elephants the best is that it was so...weird, even for back then. I know I saw a lot of Disney films as a kid, but its more of "yeah I remember that I watched it" more than "I remember it!" for most of them. Pink Elephants made such an impression that I remembered it and not any other songs from Dumbo, so.... yeah its a fave.

    I agree the crows better not be rappers ... but it would be easy to make that song into rap, at least the first half (I've seen a horse fly/ Dragon fly/house fly) but I really don't want them to do that! And not just because some would cry that's also racial stereotyping

  9. #6229

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    So, somehow I missed that there's going to be a TV movie, AND a series from Tangled?

    Well, as long as we get to see more Maximus, maybe it'll be good.

  10. #6230
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    I'm all for more character fun (and getting to see her parents do more), but that animation really rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's because after the beautiful movie animation we get . . . paper cut-outs.

  11. #6231
    Trying Too Hard Below Average's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Under a Rock Somewhere

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I agree the crows better not be rappers ... but it would be easy to make that song into rap, at least the first half (I've seen a horse fly/ Dragon fly/house fly) but I really don't want them to do that! And not just because some would cry that's also racial stereotyping
    The crows' parents just won't understand them. It'll be great!

    Joking aside, I agree that Pink Elephants was the weirder and more memorable scene for just how out of place it was but I think I enjoy When I See An Elephant Fly a bit more. It's much more jovial and fun even though it's just more people picking on Dumbo. My favorite, though, would have to be Baby Mine. Though it's probably far from the first song that comes to peoples' minds when they think of music from Dumbo.
    I'm making a comic!
    Skipper and Sunflower

  12. #6232

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Yeah, not a fan of the Tangled art style there.

    And I understand "she's the magic hair princess" so they have to get her iconic thing back but.... it wasn't 70 feet long because it was magic.

    I dunno, I think they could have been fine with Brunette short hair Rapunzel.

  13. #6233
    Just badass Sano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keokuk, Iowa

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    I actually like the animation for the Tangled tv series. Mostly that the animation looks like it's from an storybook.

  14. #6234
    Wano? Wa-yes! Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    The animation looks like the art Rapunzel made in Tangled, but I agree I don't really like how it looks.


    Spoiler:

  15. #6235
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    I guess the main problem with it is that it moves. I mean, if it was a storybook as mentioned above, or comic or something stationary then it'd be gorgeous and nice.

    Seeing it animated like that, well. Feels wonky.


  16. #6236
    Trying Too Hard Below Average's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Under a Rock Somewhere

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    The animation itself doesn't really bug me. Though, I am just judging based on a one minute trailer.

    But it is a little strange that they chose a flash-animated style with no solid borders or outlines that are more akin to, say, Littlest Pet Shop than to a Disney show based around one of their popular princess movies.

    And, yeah, the status quo being restored with Rapunzel's long, marketable hair regrowing is pretty lame.
    I'm making a comic!
    Skipper and Sunflower

  17. #6237

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    I get the necessity of making her look like the merchandise. I don't get the noses.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  18. #6238
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    And I understand "she's the magic hair princess" so they have to get her iconic thing back but.... it wasn't 70 feet long because it was magic.
    No, but it wasn't cut because it was magic.

    I'm sure they'll make up some reason why the hair came back and why it's not cut-able.

  19. #6239
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Disney animation thread



    I have to admit, this one is getting me a little more pumped-up than the previous trailers!

    But I don't care whom you hired to sing it, you can't beat Celine Dion.

  20. #6240
    Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The middle of nowhere

    Default Re: Disney animation thread

    On one hand Beauty and the Beast does look like it could be nice... on the other hand literally everything that looks good about that trailer is straight out of the animated movie so I'm not sure it really counts for much at all. Not sure if I'm gonna bother with this one...

    But anyway, Moana finally came out in Norway today! (Under the name "Vaiana" because Disney apparently keeps picking names that infringe on European trademarks requiring them to rename the movies over here...) Me and my sister had basically the same comment after it was over: "Now I gotta go see if they have the soundtrack somewhere". Like I've seen others here say, story-wise it was pretty basic, but between the absolutely gorgeous visuals, the music and a script that manages to be really enjoyable in spite of its cliché-ness, I can't really complain too much about the fact that not a single thing that happened surprised me.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts