+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 313 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney animation thread

Originally posted by OP Man+Jul 1 2005, 10:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OP Man &#064; Jul 1 2005, 10:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Originally posted by taboo@Jul 1 2005, 11:09 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-OP Man
    @Jul 1 2005, 10:02 PM
    Interesting fact: Disney CEO Micheal Eisner was paid 203,000,000 in 1993.
    Don&#39;t worry. I predict his salary will decrease significally now that the Disney board members forced has forced him out.

Bah, the board won&#39;t do anything. If anything, they&#39;re just as money grubbing as he is. And anyway If Roy Disney himself couldn&#39;t save Disney, I don&#39;t know what else could.
    [snapback]81751[/snapback]
    Well, you got have a good product if you want to make money. They just need a major overhaul. They did try to force him out and I think they succeeded. I think he is "retiring" when his contract expires.
    [snapback]81760[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]
    as great as that is that Eisner&#39;s leaving, it&#39;s probably going to be some guy just as bad as him taking his place.

Originally posted by jadiesama@Jul 1 2005, 10:41 PM
    as great as that is that Eisner&#39;s leaving, it&#39;s probably going to be some guy just as bad as him taking his place.
    [snapback]81763[/snapback]
    Well aren&#39;t we the negative nancy XP

Robert Iger is supposedly a big runner for the postition. :/

(jadiesama, your avatar is so awsome. ^^ I harth darth<3)

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Ergh....these films will be such a flop at the theatres.
    Disney should stick to DVD releases only.

thats a lot of sequels theyre making&#33;
    they&#39;re even reviving the old disney classics&#33;&#33;&#33;

maybe they&#39;re running out of ideas for movies....
    are there any news on the next disney animated movie after home on the range??

THE CDUCN CHIBI MARCH

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

If I could ever wish Walt Disney back to life I would, because he&#39;d tear these people a new asshole. Knowing that Walt is a hard ass, he wouldn&#39;t let this crap happen all the time.

Originally posted by Dragon Warrior@Jul 2 2005, 10:21 AM
    If I could ever wish Walt Disney back to life I would, because he&#39;d tear these people a new asshole. Knowing that Walt is a hard ass, he wouldn&#39;t let this crap happen all the time.
    [snapback]82053[/snapback]
    and he certainly didn&#39;t want them to do all these sequals. He was completely against doing sequals to anything he filmed. As far as i know, there has only been one sequal that Walt agreed to and that was done way back in the thirties or forties and he really regretted it.

Well,there&#39;s Chicken Little....animated you say?
    I think Bambi 2 or Lilo and Stitch 2.

Originally posted by jadiesama@Jul 1 2005, 07:52 PM
    but lo and behold, there may be hope yet for Gargoyles&#33; Supposedly disney releases the second season on DVD and it does well, which it probably will since the first season DVD went spectacular (got a copy myself), they&#39;re going to start up the series again. Also, there&#39;s going to be a comic coming out some time in the near future. I don&#39;t really have any detailed info about it with the exception that grieg wiesman will be writing it, and he&#39;ll be the ONLY writer.
    [snapback]81746[/snapback]
    (performs Gomu Gomu no Eyeballs, it&#39;s the only way to get them big enough for that)

I&#39;m amazed Season 1 did well, cos they did ZERO advertising for it. Usually, Disney advertises when someone sneezes on a stack of DVD-Rs and calls it a new movie.

Perhaps it will play well in 2005. The anime invasion has shown there&#39;s room for a series with recurrent characters and long plots.

Originally posted by jadiesama+Jul 2 2005, 11:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jadiesama &#064; Jul 2 2005, 11:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Dragon Warrior@Jul 2 2005, 10:21 AM
    [snapback]82053[/snapback]
    and he certainly didn&#39;t want them to do all these sequals. He was completely against doing sequals to anything he filmed. As far as i know, there has only been one sequal that Walt agreed to and that was done way back in the thirties or forties and he really regretted it.
    [snapback]82091[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]
    Of course, because he didn&#39;t belive in making movies for a quick buck, he valued imagination and creativity more.

What was the sequel anyway :huh: ?

DemonDays

Lilo and Stitch 3&#39;s the only one I&#39;m interested in there. Disney have really been going downhill.

Keep a look out for Jungle Book 3-Mowgli takes on Freddy Krueger at your local retailers anytime soon.

However...Kingdom Hearts is still hopeful for Disney, what with having the characters and what have you.

I&#39;m interested in the Lilo and Stitch and Emperor&#39;s New Groove sequels. All the other planned sequels are stupid and unwarranted.

Originally posted by CC ann@Jul 2 2005, 08:01 AM
    [snapback]81952[/snapback]
    No, Disney closed down it&#39;s 2d animation department except for the studios that make the direct to video sequels. ^^ It was quite a shock when it happened.... the 200+ 2d animation artists were rather suprised about it too.

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Originally posted by taboo+Jul 2 2005, 06:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(taboo &#064; Jul 2 2005, 06:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CC ann@Jul 2 2005, 08:01 AM
    [snapback]81952[/snapback]
    No, Disney closed down it&#39;s 2d animation department except for the studios that make the direct to video sequels. ^^ It was quite a shock when it happened.... the 200+ 2d animation artists were rather suprised about it too.
    [snapback]82355[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]
    Or maybe they&#39;re happy they don&#39;t have to work on anymore crappy sequels anymore. :)

It looks like it is going to be nothing but CGI movies from now on with Disney. Problem is they have no experience outside of Pixar. Chicken Little looks promising though.

Frankly I lost all care and interest in Disney a couple of years ago. I can&#39;t believe they&#39;re ruining more classics with straight to video sequals. At least they&#39;ve left Robin Hood and Sword in the Stone alone.

WHAT&#33;
    The 2D animation dept was the workforce of Disney and they just closed it down???

Shocking, isn&#39;t it? When I first heard I was so angry I could chew nails. I&#39;m still peeved, but there&#39;s not much I can do right now.

Disney will regret it&#39;s choice. They relied solely on Pixar for their CGI movies, and now they&#39;ve gone and lost it. How will they fare on their own? The future is bleak, despite how cute Chicken Little looks.

And this is a prime example of how I&#39;m starting to really hate CGI movies. The high-tech, "real" looking animation is fine and all, but hand-drawn cel animation is an art that should NOT be lost. There&#39;s a lot more charm in hand-drawn stuff, and even if a movie has spiffy CGI it can&#39;t survive without a good storyline. I mean, look at Shark Tale. The animation was fine, but the story lacked and thus it wasn&#39;t a big hit. Shrek would have been just as good as a cel-animation movie because the story and writing was so awesome.

Oh, and Caracal? Don&#39;t jinx it&#33; If they dare touch Robin Hood I WILL HAVE BLOOD&#33;&#33;

Unfortunately CGI movies are the biggest things right now. Every one of them has made money and are cheaper to make. Because of this, the 2-D genre is most likely dead and if the CGI craze finally dies, I fear there will be no more theartrical animation.

I doubt animation will ever die, but I am hoping that the CGI craze blows over.

CGI is best used as an enhancement, like the castle in Howl&#39;s Moving Castle.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information