+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181
Results 3,601 to 3,606 of 3606

Thread: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rawrfizzz View Post
    Even if he can locate him with Haki, I imagine it would still be a nuisance. You know, just one more thing to keep track of. And I'm not sure how many things Zoro's brain can keep track of at once.
    Imagine if Shiryu awakens his DF and turns other things invisible.

Zoro. In an invisible room. Invisible walls, invisible tables, invisible stairs. Invisible everything.

If that happens I hope Sanji runs past and gets to see Zoro run straight into solid nothingness over and over.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post

Zoro. In an invisible room. Invisible walls, invisible tables, invisible stairs. Invisible everything.

If that happens I hope Sanji runs past and gets to see Zoro run straight into solid nothingness over and over.
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH Yes please, all of the above

Actually, what if Zoro's predilection towards getting lost somehow works in the opposite way when everything is invisible and gives him flawless location abilities? Stupider things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post

Invisible stairs??? That's just horrible, he has to overcome Kuina's biggest enemy, made invisible on top of that

Sorry if my post is not appropriate for this thread..

Speech styles are inevitably lost to some extent through the translation process.
    Here are my personal rankings of OP characters in terms of polite Japanese speech style.

Brook > Coby > Fujitora, Urouge > Yamato, Cavendish > Kuma, Mihawk > Luffy, Zoro, Sanji (Sanji when talking with a male)

Shirahoshi >> Kiku > Tashigi > Robin, Nami > Ulti, Bonney, Perona > Big Mom

*Brook, Coby, Fujitora and Urouge talk politely even when fighting their enemies.

*Fujitora has an old-fashioned yakuza speech style (侠客). In contrast, Akainu has an aggressive Hiroshima yakuza speech style.

*Yamato's first person pronoun Boku is usually used by polite male.
    Only a handful of adult males in OP (ex. Cavendish) call themselves Boku, so it gives us an impression that Yamato is well-brought-up. Yamato's speech style is similar to Cavendish.

*The name Coby is probably based on a JP word 媚び (Kobi; flattery) that has a similar pronunciation to Coby. He speaks pretty politely.

*Big Mom's first person pronoun Ore is mostly used by male and sounds more casual than Boku.
    There are almost no female characters in OP whose first person is Ore. (Oda explained about Ore in SBS.)

*Shirahoshi's speech style is super-polite to the point of sounding funny and unnatural. lol

*If you talk like Luffy with your boss, you'll instantly get fired.
    But it's not that his speech style is particularly rude compared to other brutal pirates.

Love it lol! Thank you for that Sandman!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Sorry if my post is not appropriate for this thread..

Speech styles are inevitably lost to some extent through the translation process.
    Here are my personal rankings of OP characters in terms of polite Japanese speech style.

Brook > Coby > Fujitora, Urouge > Yamato, Cavendish > Kuma, Mihawk > Luffy, Zoro, Sanji (Sanji when talking with a male)

Shirahoshi >> Kiku > Tashigi > Robin, Nami > Ulti, Bonney, Perona > Big Mom

*Brook, Coby, Fujitora and Urouge talk politely even when fighting their enemies.

*Fujitora has an old-fashioned yakuza speech style (侠客). In contrast, Akainu has an aggressive Hiroshima yakuza speech style.

*Yamato's first person pronoun Boku is usually used by polite male.
    Only a handful of adult males in OP (ex. Cavendish) call themselves Boku, so it gives us an impression that Yamato is well-brought-up. Yamato's speech style is similar to Cavendish.

*The name Coby is probably based on a JP word 媚び (Kobi; flattery) that has a similar pronunciation to Coby. He speaks pretty politely.

*Big Mom's first person pronoun Ore is mostly used by male and sounds more casual than Boku.
    There are almost no female characters in OP whose first person is Ore. (Oda explained about Ore in SBS.)

*Shirahoshi's speech style is super-polite to the point of sounding funny and unnatural. lol

*If you talk like Luffy with your boss, you'll instantly get fired.
    But it's not that his speech style is particularly rude compared to other brutal pirates.
    Whether or not it's approriate, I love seeing this kind of insight from Japanese readers. Thanks for writing it up!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information