+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 181 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 3606

Thread: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Yes,but i think they deserves not only battles but also a big development on their backstories,their personality etc. and doing important stuff in more than one occasion. I think when this will happen,the chapter threads will get something like 90 pages,people loves those two characters very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post

-7 members yourself included (basically 6 characters to choose)
    - While combat is important,you might want to choose members with abilities that are useful even outside of it.
    - You must cover the important roles of a crew (like medic,cook,navigator,etc.).The more roles are covered,the better.
    - Roles can be covered by characters who don't usually cover that specific role in their crew,they just need a "canon" skill in that department,even if minimal (like nami having general knowledge about cooking and medicine).Of course,the more a guy fits the role,the better.
    - One character can't cover more than 2 roles inside the crew at the same time.
    - No more than one captain other than yourself can be present in the crew."Too many captains will steer the ship up a mountain" (japanese saying)
    - Only pirates are allowed,so no marines or members of the WG.Shichibukai are considered pirates.Civilians are allowed (revolutionaries are considered civilians)
    - No dead or retired pirates.Both retirement or death must be confirmed in canon (so,no to whitebeard or rayleight,yes to monet or vergo)
    - You have to motivate your choices.Avoid just posting a list of names,at least tell us why.

If this thread has any success,I want to put all the submitted crews up to vote so that the forum can decide who created the best crew given the rules.Of course we will first see if there are enough people willing to partecipate.

Have fun.

I don't want to include myself, so I already broke the first rule

- Charlotte Madara (captain). He took initiative and quickly tried to get at Sanji and Luffy. My favorite BM kid
    - Senor Pink (vice captain). Was an executive in the Donquixote Pirates. Leadership to a certain extent shouldn't be that hard for him. Fav Donquixote Pirate
    - Marco (doctor). Name 3 doctors better than him, i'll wait. Best WB Pirate after WB
    - Mihawk (navigator). Anyone that can sail through many seas with a simple boat should be good enough
    - Killer (cook). He has the arms for cooking
    - Zala (helmsman). Just plant her arms in it, can't be hard
    - Rindo (sniper). You need calm and collective minds to get around

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Since Shanks and Black Beard will still be around after this war do you think island communities will replace flags of Big Mom and Kaidou with Luffy's? Seems like during the epilogue island territories will be a thing of the past but it seems like something we'd be able to enjoy for a little while.

I hope we get to see Fishman Island celebrate by putting up the Straw Hat flag. Would be a shame if Im and that giant Straw Hat destroy the place before it happens. Though I still hope Luffy purposely destroys the island but it ends up being a good thing.

Edit: I thought this was the new world thread.
    Doubt it, i think everything will transpire pretty quickly after the war, so there will not be much time to accustom to a new status quo , plus it will be a shock to the world unlike WB vs Marines since the entire world were focused on that.

Another character that i am noticing is very loved is Bonney. When it will arrive her moment,i think she will do great. Now its X-Drake turn,and i think he will be very succesful too,while i dont think Hawkins and Apoo are very loved by the general audience,but maybe i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    Another character that i am noticing is very loved is Bonney. When it will arrive her moment,i think she will do great. Now its X-Drake turn,and i think he will be very succesful too,while i dont think Hawkins and Apoo are very loved by the general audience,but maybe i'm wrong.
    Personally I find both Hawkins and Apoo to underdeveloped to really give 2 cents about them tbh. Also, I dislike Hawkins devil fruit power. It feels it has no outline. It is somewhat voodoo inspired of course but the straw sword? The gigantic hovering thing? Shooting nails? Transforming himself into a horrorlike being? the tarot cards? It felt like he had an unlimited amount of techniques to draw from.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    Personally I find both Hawkins and Apoo to underdeveloped to really give 2 cents about them tbh. Also, I dislike Hawkins devil fruit power. It feels it has no outline. It is somewhat voodoo inspired of course but the straw sword? The gigantic hovering thing? Shooting nails? Transforming himself into a horrorlike being? the tarot cards? It felt like he had an unlimited amount of techniques to draw from.
    I agree. I dislike Hawkins power as well. i personally like more hand-to-hand, physical change powers like Luffy or X Drake

I think it makes perfect sense that Teach is currently invading Totto Land, trying to get whatever he's looking for.

I don't think he's going to Paradise at this point in the series, that would leave his territories unguarded as well.
    It'll work as the perfect reason to inevitably take Linlin out of Wano
    And Teach kinda goes where Luffy invades first, and takes advantage of the havok created previously.

Problem would be that its gotta be something the WG would want as well, but Linlin has lots of secrets and treasures in her territory, and Kidd stole something from her(?) That we still dont know what it is.

So she likely has something really big there, or Pudding is just that valuable, both because of her fruit and genetics.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I think it makes perfect sense that Teach is currently invading Totto Land, trying to get whatever he's looking for.

I don't think he's going to Paradise at this point in the series, that would leave his territories unguarded as well.
    It'll work as the perfect reason to inevitably take Linlin out of Wano
    And Teach kinda goes where Luffy invades first, and takes advantage of the havok created previously.

Problem would be that its gotta be something the WG would want as well, but Linlin has lots of secrets and treasures in her territory, and Kidd stole something from her(?) That we still dont know what it is.

So she likely has something really big there, or Pudding is just that valuable, both because of her fruit and genetics.
    Ch. 956 says Teach is after something the Marines are chasing. Now what that is, who knows. Recruiting the last of the Warlords? Kidnapping Vivi?

Totto Land being at its most vulnerable is just too good an opportunity to not have it attacked.

There is a Road Poneglyph just sitting there for those interested in reaching Laugh Tale, which Teach certainly is. The Marines themselves could also be after the Road Poneglyph in order to prevent others from attaining the information or to find the location of Laugh Tale. Or the Marines could want to take Totto Land/destroy it while Big Mom is away and in effect weaken Big Mom's power in the New World. While the information on the Poneglyph can't be understood without someone who can read the language (Robin), if these powers do attain the Road Poneglyph or a copy of its information, it will raise the stakes for the Straw Hat Pirates being strong enough to protect Robin.

I can imagine the manga cutting to a panel with Teach standing in front of a defeated Katakuri who is about to be killed and have his fruit stolen. Brulee arrives to save Katakuri but with the Big Mom Pirates left in Totto Land defeated, Teach has access to the Poneglyphs and treasures stored in Totto Land.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Wasn't sure where it was best to post it, but since this is sort of a general purpose thread. So.....to me, it feels really kinda weird that Luffy is going to beat Kaido at this stage. Because any more shenanigans like Brulee or Caesar impeding Luffy would seem to be really a step down from this, you know? Like, it's time for the Marines to run from *them*. I hope Oda actually keeps the momentum going on this and we're at the stage where our heroes really aren't going to be impeded by cheap tricks anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    Wasn't sure where it was best to post it, but since this is sort of a general purpose thread. So.....to me, it feels really kinda weird that Luffy is going to beat Kaido at this stage. Because any more shenanigans like Brulee or Caesar impeding Luffy would seem to be really a step down from this, you know? Like, it's time for the Marines to run from *them*. I hope Oda actually keeps the momentum going on this and we're at the stage where our heroes really aren't going to be impeded by cheap tricks anymore.
    Luffy defeating Katakuri didn't prevent him from being forced to fight a man with a hippo for his ass.

As long as seastone is a thing, you'll always have ways to nerf Luffy.

Luffy beating Kaidou (with help) proves that his strength, durability, and speed have reached new heights, but that doesn't prevent characters with strange/"hax" powers from being troublesome. Oda can conjure up all sorts of circumstances to keep things interesting for Luffy.
    My favorite films of all time - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest; The Apartment; The Shining; Rear Window; Casablanca; All About Eve; Amadeus; Stalag 17; The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence; Key Largo; Ball of Fire; Alien; Dr. Strangelove; The Good, The Bad and The Ugly; Vertigo; Jaws; Punch-Drunk Love

To be frank, after this arc I feel it would be cool if the story focused more on the crew and let Luffy just handle the big bad of the arc, instead of having to follow his journey almost exclusively. Once he beats Kaido, there's not much more for him to learn.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

I do agree with the part that some enemies should start fearing the Straw Hats, just for the cool factor.

For most of the series we've been seeing the characters growing, so it's normal for enemies not yet fear the SW, and just try their luck before getting beaten. "Yes, they're strong and bad pirates, but how strong and bad could they really be?"
    We could use a couple of scenes where some other crew of pirates is just "Oh shit, that's the Straw Hats, we need to get outta here before they decide to loot us" or some marine vessel that instead of trying to chase them thinks "That's a goddamn emperor, I need to call the HQ, they don't pay me enough for this shit"

Of course the SW have scared plenty of Marine mooks and such, but they always stand their ground. We need to see someone going "Nope, we need to cut our losses, a retreat is better than an absolute defeat. Imma take my squad home and tell an admiral where the pirates are so that they can deal with it."

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Never seen the Marines straight up run away from any pirate or criminal. Not even the yonkou or Roger. I know a few marines tried running during Marineford but I don't think a marine ship came across some strong pirates and just turned around.

Don't think they're allowed to.

I mean these guys were last seen pursuing Mihawk who can cut their ships in half. They're not gonna cut their losses when they see the Strawhats.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

We've seen them call for back up.

But you're right, they'd probably never straight up run away, but they could hold position and not engage or decide to go and proctect the civilians. It's good for the marines to know where an emperor is sailing but it's not good for them to loose a couple of ships that simply run up to them. And I doubt that many vice-admirals would just charge into them if they knew they were unprepared.

Like when Momonga went to meet Boa Hancock, he wasn't there to fight so we just see him holding his ground. It's was a different scene last time we saw Amazon Lily, when the marines go to take down someone they bring everything they can.
    I imagine some marine vessel noticing the Sunny in the horizon, and the first mate asking the captain what to do. "We'll call HQ and try to follow them discretely without getting their attention until the back up arrives. That's goddamn Monkey D. Luffy, son!"

It is oftenly theorized that even when you get the location of Laugh Tale, there's still some trick to access it.

And one of the most popular thoughts, is that you need a Ship made of Adam Tree wood to get in there, since the passage to Laugh Tale could be highly diffcult, any normal ship wouldn't make it.

Which makes me believe, Saber Of Xebec, is definitely made of Adam's Wood.

We will have to see what Oda does with it, but I think giving Shillew Absolams invisibility fruit was a huge missed opportunity. The fan theory about Shillew killing Jozu and stealing the Diamond fruit setting up for Zoros final challenge of learning to cut Diamond made so much sense.

As for invisibility, its unclear how you can even get it to work at this point in the story when observation haki is a thing. I guess his battle with Zoro will come down to a battle of CoO? Which again makes no sense as that is supposed to be Sanjis speciality? Again, not a fan.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cutting diamond isn't all that impressive with high indestructible centuries old poneglyphs stones and sea stone around.

Probably best not to put too much thought in Zoro's endgame fight and how it'll go.

Before Shillew even got the DF haki has long minimized devil fruit advantages.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Even if he can locate him with Haki, I imagine it would still be a nuisance. You know, just one more thing to keep track of. And I'm not sure how many things Zoro's brain can keep track of at once.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information