+ Reply to Thread
Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177
Results 3,521 to 3,537 of 3537

Thread: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    seems to be just a kind of onomatopoeia for rumbling, presumably caused by Shanks' haki. The Viz version often translates sound effects contextually, if you're wondering why the same Japanese text is different in the right and left panels. Is there a reason you think it's significant?
    Yes.
    I thought, at that point, that part of the ship was broken by Shanks haki
    So I was checking these pictures to see if it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by EBRAHEM.EMADI View Post
    Yes.
    I thought, at that point, that part of the ship was broken by Shanks haki
    So I was checking these pictures to see if it was true.
    I think it's fairly likely it is, even if the sound effects are just generic rumbly ones. The effects of Shanks' haki are being talked up through the scene, and we saw conqueror's haki damaging the environment in Luffy vs Katakuri. So yeah, it's a pretty safe bet that was Shanks.

This topic has been already brought up, but In OP Stampede, official romanization of Raftel was revealed to be "Laugh Tale".
    It reminds me of the lyrics of Binks’ Sake. Here is my compilation of interesting theories about Laugh Tale from Japanese fandoms.

The last line of Binks’ Sake lyrics says, “Never-ending, ever-wandering Laugh Tale (笑い話)”. The whole lyrics were created by Oda himself.

If Laugh Tale (Raftel) has something to do with the clan of D, “D” might represent laughing emoticons like :D or XD.

Characters who have “D” middle name such as Roger, Ace, Luffy and Saul have shown smiles/laughs even when facing death.
    Saul left a strong message to Robin, “Keep on laughing when you are in predicaments!!”.

Speaking of Binks’ Sake, sake is known as Japanese alcoholic beverage. Shanks has a sword called Griffon.
    Griffon as a mythical creature is said to defend treasures such as gold (as in Gold Roger) and Dionysos’ wine pottery.
    It might mean Shanks will stand in the way of Luffy in Laugh Tale.

BInks’ Sake is a party song with many laughs. In Stampede, Bullet tells Luffy,
    Spoiler:
    “Abandon your crewmate who isn’t useful.”
    Luffy disagrees and replies, “If I did so, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy a party anymore!”
    Luffy’s constant desire to hold a party might be related to his declaration in front of Ace and Sabo in his childhood.
    Not only Luffy but also Oda himself loves holding a party. A few years ago, Oda was reported to police by his neighbors due to his party being too noisy. lol

Oda revealed in 2014 and 2019 that ONE PIECE as a treasure isn’t friendship or something like Wizard of Oz-ish ending.
    He added that Luffy deserves a decent reward.

I’m looking forward to seeing Luffy holding a big party full of laughs at the end of his journey in “Laugh Tale” island.

*Although Oda’s involvement in Stampede is smaller than former OP films, I think it is safe to assume that Laugh Tale romanization is official considering Oda’s name is listed as a supervisor.

https://mythologiegrecque.pagesperso...s/Griffons.htm

Man Sandman you got my head spinning! Thank you for all this nice info. Everything sounds legit! These theories are Romancedawn approved!

I actually wouldn't mind at all if Laugh Tale is what it was originally called and then as the name spread throughout the world and over time it's name warped into Raftel.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    This topic has been already brought up, but In OP Stampede, official romanization of Raftel was revealed to be "Laugh Tale".
    It reminds me of the lyrics of Binks’ Sake. Here is my compilation of interesting theories about Laugh Tale from Japanese fandoms.

The last line of Binks’ Sake lyrics says, “Never-ending, ever-wandering Laugh Tale (笑い話)”. The whole lyrics were created by Oda himself.

If Laugh Tale (Raftel) has something to do with the clan of D, “D” might represent laughing emoticons like :D or XD.

Characters who have “D” middle name such as Roger, Ace, Luffy and Saul have shown smiles/laughs even when facing death.
    Saul left a strong message to Robin, “Keep on laughing when you are in predicaments!!”.

Speaking of Binks’ Sake, sake is known as Japanese alcoholic beverage. Shanks has a sword called Griffon.
    Griffon as a mythical creature is said to defend treasures such as gold (as in Gold Roger) and Dionysos’ wine pottery.

Spoiler:
    Luffy disagrees and replies, “If I did so, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy a party anymore!”
    Luffy’s constant desire to hold a party might be related to his declaration in front of Ace and Sabo in his childhood.
    Not only Luffy but also Oda himself loves holding a party. A few years ago, Oda was reported to police by his neighbors due to his party being too noisy. lol

Oda revealed in 2014 and 2019 that ONE PIECE as a treasure isn’t friendship or something like Wizard of Oz-ish ending.

I’m looking forward to seeing Luffy holding a big party full of laughs at the end of his journey in “Laugh Tale” island.

*Although Oda’s involvement in Stampede is smaller than former OP films, I think it is safe to assume that Laugh Tale romanization is official considering Oda’s name is listed as a supervisor.

That is actually a really amazing theory.
    The only thing against it is that Law who is also a D. Doesn't smile much, or ever.

Also I have always assumed that Luffy's love for Partying was inspired by Shanks because its all they did at his village.
    That's why he wanted a musician from so early on.
    I don't remember his flashback with Ace having much to do with parties.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post

Spoiler:

Dude....

The Donquixote Pirates Jolly Roger is THAT ancient emoji the D supposedly represents but with a crossed line, the kind of lines we use for prohibited parkings spots, no smoking places, etc..
    Considering Doula Mongo is a CD and according to Cora-san he kinda dislikes D's.. well.

it just came to my mind that Pedro, Absalom and Yasuie all died within the main island of each Yonko´s territory. so.

who's gon die on Shanks party island??

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Dude....

The Donquixote Pirates Jolly Roger is THAT ancient emoji the D supposedly represents but with a crossed line, the kind of lines we use for prohibited parkings spots, no smoking places, etc..
    Considering Doula Mongo is a CD and according to Cora-san he kinda dislikes D's.. well.
    That would be epic! What a theory! Subscribed!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People Forget that Ace was in the new world for 2 years With a yonko, he was a top tier pirate without advanced haki

http://https://twilightscavern.home....mmander-title/

Dude....

And isn't it weird that artificial devil fruits correspond with artificial laughing to a degree...

Do we have an actual romanization of Lvneel? that one feels like the worst of them all romanized.

Now I can't take any word for granted, I'll question everything!

Do we have an actual romanization of Lvneel? that one feels like the worst of them all romanized.

Now I can't take any word for granted, I'll question everything!
    You mean aside from the one from Oda that we're using? It was shown on the sail of Noland's ship the same chapter the kingdom was first mentioned, so there really wasn't a chance for any other speculative romanisations to appear.

Seeing how Burguess, Shilliew, Auger and Pizarro are one to four in Blackbeards crew makes me feel convinced that their vs's are indeed Jinbe(1), Zoro(2), Usopp(3) and Sanji(4).

I just hope we knew more about Pizarro, but since he is from North Blue I really hope he has some sort of beef with the Vinsmoke Family that would pretty much comfirm his future fight with Mr Prince.

Was just reading through this Twitter thread
    https://twitter.com/thankyousorachi/...75283000201216

ch 627 for context

For those not clicking into that cancer, this is a thread about not liking Sanji and the example is from when Jinbei was giving some of the crew. history of the Sun Pirates and Sanji said that he can never forgive Jinbei. He went on to say that Jinbe should cut himself open and Nami says no because it wasn't Jinbei's intention. She says she was able to meet great friends from it and tho it was hard, it is now part of who she is, so she can't be resentful.

In this thread, they say that Sanji

1. Show respect to Jinbei because Luffy refers to him as nakama
    2. Refers to actions like this as a character flaw
    3. Says this is simp behavior and if it was Zoro, Luffy or any other dude, Sanji wouldn't react this way. He's only doing this because it's a female

Now I want to clearly say that I disagree with all of these points for this Jinbei example.

1. Jinbei felt responsible because he indirectly caused this by becoming Warlord and letting Arlong be free. He intended to stop Arlong, but Arlong stifled info of his wickedness through funds. It's not only that Jinbei feels responsible, he kind of is responsible. He could've stopped Arlong and Cocoyashi wouldn't had gone through all of that mess. It's a "am I my brother's keeper" kind of situation. Arlong did this, but Sanji isn't wrong for seeing that Jinbei is heavily connected to Nami's suffering.

This is the same Sanji that has almost sacrificed himself for Luffy with Kuma, WCI arc and even in Baratie arc. It would be inconsistent for Sanji to not be this dramatic over a loved one's suffering.

2. Every crew member has their own mind. How is it that because Luffy respects someone, the rest of the crew should disregard any thought or feeling and fall in line? That's what I think when I see "have some respect for your captain's friend". I've seen Luffy say "I want ____ as a nakama" and the crew be against it. How many times have different crew members disagreed with Luffy? Is Sanji supposed to suppress his feelings because Jinbei helped Luffy?

3. I suspect this is the usual Sanji hate train. I'm a Zoro fan and see the Sanji hate all of the time. Sanji can't be vulnerable, make bad choices or have a strong disposition without there being a "this is why I hate Sanji". In this example, Sanji isn't "wrong" for strongly hating Jinbei for Nami's pain. How could he be wrong when even Jinbei strongly felt responsible? Jinbei is honorable.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

I always saw Arlong as mini-shichibukai the way he worked together with corrupted marines.
    He did that on a small scale, what the real shichibukai did on a bigger scale. However, Arlong's crimes have never been approved by the WG.
    And I am glad the "Laugh Tale and the "D." could be a smile-emoji"-
    stuff gets positive Feedback.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    You mean aside from the one from Oda that we're using? It was shown on the sail of Noland's ship the same chapter the kingdom was first mentioned, so there really wasn't a chance for any other speculative romanisations to appear.
    eeeh, I still want to choose to believe that´s some kind of mistake.

it's just too damn hard to pronounce it in normal conversations.

eeeh, I still want to choose to believe that´s some kind of mistake.

it's just too damn hard to pronounce it in normal conversations.
    Yeah look I'm the last person to advocate taking Oda's romanisations at face value, but this one is so far from pronouncable English that I think it has to be deliberate. It looks like something taken from another language entirely, but I don't have the etymology chops to work out exactly which one. Maybe something from the area of Russia, given how the castle there is designed...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information