+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: lose the weight, look great, in cosplay

Default Re: lose the weight, look great, in cosplay

Quote Originally Posted by fedcom View Post
    Hey I live in that area too!

I love Tim Hortons I've never tried the coffee (I'm 16) but I love their strawberry tarts and chili.

My family also got one of those pancake/waffle makers, so we're eating them almost every day now.
    i always have to stop off there on the way to square one. :3

ok, I am not hindered by sickness this weekend. I'm gonna excersize somehow this weekend. even if I have to walk. (i hate walking) I should get a pedometer. I'm a tad obsessive compulsive. It's a great motivator sometimes.

my sis and I have walked the last two days n_n we walked when it was chilly and threatening to rain but GOD DAMN IT we haven't seen the sun in a week Dx it's making it IMPOSSIBLE to get some outside exercise xD though good luck Captain Usopp ;3;

lol I walked to the mail box this morning even though it was raining @_@ It was soooooooo cool today <3 I just wish it would stop raining DX

I think I'm going to walk to the mailbox every day from now on just to add some extra excerise.

My grandparents live in the country so there is a decent walk from the house to the mailbox because they live back on 15 acres. So no its not in front of the house XD not even close o.o

Got in a good work out today, hopefully theres some small result at the end of the week~

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn & nintendo id squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

Discovered Stowaway

I have a slow metabolism, so I have to work extra hard at keeping a somewhat slim figure than normal. Here is what I have learned, and what I do to look good.

I work out at least 3 times a week at the gym. There I do weightlifting to tone and cardio. Although I try to keep the weightlifting to every other day to give my muscles time to repair. Cardio is key to burning fat, do as intense working out as you can (But NEVER overdo it.). Not only will it make you feel great, but it the end you'll also notice a difference in your appearance.

Eating right is the most essitial part of losing weight and keeping it off. It not only matters how many calories you consume, but what makes up those calories. Eating 1,500 calories of fast food is WAY worse than eating 1,500 calories of fruits, vegetables and lean protein. Your body needs nutritious fuel to work smoothly, rather than gunk that will clog it up.
    Eating 6 small meals a day is much more beneficial to keeping your metabolism working. Also, differing the amount of calories you eat a day by a few hundred can also avoid weight plateaus and maintain a fast metabolism.
    Avoid refined foods, especially sugars, they are basically empty calories. Try sticking to whole grains and wheats, which are full of nutrients and fiber, which fill you up. Drinking water is also extremely important. Stay away from red meat, which is often fatty and stick to lean meats like skinless chicken or fish. I am mostly vegetarian, so I rely on beans, soy, and nuts for my main source of protein. Fruit is a great way to beat the sweet cravings with a fraction of the calories, most of them are small enough to carry with you when you have the sudden urge to eat sweets.
    One of the most important eating habits I have gained is eating until I am satisfied. Not until I am stuffed. Portion sizes in America are often much larger than they need to be, and many of us are taught to clean off our plates when it really is not necessary. Stop eating when you start feeling a little bit full.

blah blah blah. I could go on for a while.

Quick, someone sticky Hole's post as THE post to read in this thread. Everything in her post is valuable information.

Eating right and correcting one's eating habit are too essential like you said, Hole.

I've started eating in smaller portions and much more healthy than before. Surprisingly, my gut's been steadily going away with the proper dieting, in conjunction with working out twice a week (which I probably need to up to three times per week, lol).

"Livin' the Asian life, one stereotype at a time."

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

Hole.. if I can look as smoking hot as you do by doing those simple things.. then FUCK YEAH I will try xDD

I read in a magazine today * I work overnights at a grocery store..there's not a WHOLE Lot else to do...* And I read that to calculate how many calories you need to intake during the day in order to lose a pound of weight every week, you take your current weight and multiply it by 11. Ex. My weight is 165. that times 11 is 1813. That's the allotted amount of calories I'm safe to eat every day in order to lose a pound a week. Also it said that's with proper diet and exercise. I will be incorporating this into my diet.

I don't have a gym membership anymore, but that doesn't mean I won't keep doing something here at my mom's house to work out ^__^

Your guys stories motivate me sooo soo much :D

ohhhh this whole carb thing makes my head spin. I wonder if I can try to do it.
    k, I'm about 130 times that by 11...that's 1430. so about 1400. that doesn't sound like a lot @_@ will I go hungry?

and at work, I usually have 2 six inch subs during the day. (now the flatbread since we have it now...*goes to look at nutrition chart*...) shit, the sauces really add up. so being generous, that's about 880 for me. so, omg, that only leaves me 550 for the rest of the day. calories are evil. I wanna enjoy eating. it's once of life's pleasures.

at least i'm getting fiber and calcium, and veggies, and stuff.

@ CU: Do you eat the Veggie Delight at Subway? IMO, it's the best thing they have at Subway, especially if you eat one Roast Beef 6-inch sub during the earlier part of your shift, and eat the Veggie Delight towards the end of your shift.

(Try to eat wheat bread, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, green peppers, pickles and olive only; try to always opt out for the other condiments other than Honey Mustard, since its the least fattening of all of them.)

If you just do a strictly Roast Beef/Veggie Delight diet per day, it's only 520 calories total, leaving you with 910 calories at the end.

"Livin' the Asian life, one stereotype at a time."

I actually only eat fish. but the turkey's actually better than the RB :3 That's what Jared had. Turkey and Veggie subs. and stick away from the pickles and olives too, since they're salty. (i'm Subway's poster child)

Mine went up cause I added the honey oat which I love and has extra fiber, and added cheese and went with the fattiest sauce to be on the safe side since I like to mix it up. If I only went with mustard, I'd be in business. but then that wouldn't be fun.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

I cans chew again. Mostly.

I've started to make sandwiches for lunch on top of carrying snacks. So I've been looking into finding my favorite meats and cheeses (nomnom meunster). But what I really want to find to make the sandwiches more special and interesting are the breads.

Yes, I know. Whole-grains and all that. But there are tons of different kinds of whole-grain breads, and I want to find ones that are also more interesting to the palate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Hey, my friend was telling me about this challenge you can do. find a partner in another city and challenge eachother to walk 10 miles in one week. good motivation.

my problem, was how do you know what 10 miles is. specially over the coarse of a week. So I was thinking of a pedometer. Then I got thinking about my DS and seeing a game with 2 pedometers. so...tonight, I was bad, and bought it. which will be good for me. I wonder how much I walked today. guess i'll have to play with it tomorrow.

the challenge seems cool and i'm waiting for pokemon HGSS to come out cause you get a pedometer free.

what's this pokemon game? and when does it come out?

Not concerned with Pokemon myself, but I did start a food journal today! So far soooooo good :D I'm planning to keep it up HOPEFULLY until my next con..god only knows when that is =_=;;

uhh, I feel bleah. I just had 2 7 layer buritoes from taco bell. did you know that's over 1000 cal. I'm learnen here. :D

long story short, I'm boycotting our kitchen atm. I have a high metabolism, so I NEED something that's gonna fill my tummy. (in some ways, you people who eat like birds have it made) I decided to go to taco bell cause it's cheep and filling. uhh, maybe I shouldn't have done that though.

It did get me outta the house though. I wonder how many steps my pedometer says I took?

I just got back from doing a hours worth of Cardio. I feel great!!!!! Burned 353 Calories. XD

I got a secret cosplay in mind that I want to look amazing for, Along with looking great when I cosplay Naomi. XD

So I got to my college this weekend, and I'm pumped about a full brand new gym, cause this way I'll be able to work out in the middle of the day even when it's super hot (I get very dehydrated normally no matter how much I drink so I can only work out in the mornings/evenings, which puts a huge damper on workouts at home), but because it's move-in weekend, stuff is closed.

I go to the gym and I try to get swiped in and the guy says "you're a freshman. Gym's closed to freshmen until tomorrow." Having run there and already in the zone, I try to go for a run, but it's 95 out and my coffee's sloshing around. Not fun. I ended it at two miles >_>

The closes included the healthy eating place. And the normal DC closes early this weekend, so I ended up splurging on a AM/PM microwaveable burrito. I love burritos, and it said it was only 450 calories...

Oh wait, I say after I finished. That's for HALF a serving. Right when I was starting to get in the swing of things too. Even so, if you ignore the black licorice I only ate 1500 calories today.

Well sometimes you can't control what you eat when you're at school, you gotta eat what's there afterall !! Besides, I think if you ran 2 miles you're gonna need to replenish your body. Sadly I'll never get to know the wonderful feeling of running and getting full benefits from it, so I'll just stick to my walking briskly at the park.

It's super early this morning, going to try and see if my sis would be up for walking for 2 hours instead of one and a half today since this weekend we didn't really walk since she worked and I ended up jacking up my sleep schedule. I got 20 minutes of exercise in yesterday, so not THAT bad all things considered.

Day 2 of food journal. I think I'm going to have a bowl of cereal this morning so I get my vitamins and calcium in. Thinking about a salad with chicken in it for lunch, maybe some steamed veggies and something else for dinner.. hmmm...

*edit*

Went walking for about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Our water got hot but other than that it was nice and sunny, and pretty breezy!! I think we went walking early enough that it hadn't gotten hot yet thankfully x_x;; It felt really good to get out and walk after such a dreary week/weekend =_=;
    Last edited by MoonNeko; September 21st, 2009 at 10:22 AM.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

I need to up my excersize a bit more, but I did realize something else I could do for lunch today which is probably a mite healthier instead of filling my gut with bread.

I went to make my lunch sandwich this morning, took out all the inside ingredients I wanted, and was ready to go! ... Untill I saw the end piece of bread that was left. The rest of the bread's frozen, so I opened the fridge to put everything away, thinking I'd have to buy something for lunch instead ... only to see the flavored jalopeno cheese tortilla wraps. BRILLIANT.

By the way, it's delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

less carbs. that's for sure. that's why I can't do wraps. leaves me hungry

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information