• Roronoa Zoro

374 73.05%
  • Boa Hancock

138 26.95%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Zoro vs. Hancock

Default Re: Zoro vs. Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    That's true. But whether or not she was informed beforehand, it doesn't excuse the fact that Love Sickness was a plot device used to make her into Luffy's metaphorical slave.
    Well, stick to that then. No need to make yourself wrong.

Why can't you stop to consider that maybe the haters have a valid case?
    Do you see me arguing against the valid cases?

K, Zoro won, can we start "Enel vs Iva" Fight?

Quote Originally Posted by HaxeyeMihawk View Post
    In the end she helped Luffy because she likes/loves him the just met him part only matters if you believe it's impossible to gain those feelings for another that quick. If not then her reasons for helping him are self explanatory.
    Even as a hopeless romantic, I find Boa's 'grr I hate you' to 'you understand me so I like you' to 'LOVE!!' in the span of a few hours a bit hard to swallow. And even then it's still Luffy>islanders who depend on Hancock for their survival.

Quote Originally Posted by threedayslater View Post
    Even as a hopeless romantic, I find Boa's 'grr I hate you' to 'you understand me so I like you' to 'LOVE!!' in the span of a few hours a bit hard to swallow. And even then it's still Luffy>islanders who depend on Hancock for their survival.
    Thurst me, some people out there would act like her no problem, and I think that, NOT helping Luffy would have put the islanders into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    Well, stick to that then. No need to make yourself wrong.
    Well my initial post was actually a semi-sarcastic response to HaxeyeMihawk, not you. You just serious'ed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrllok View Post
    Thurst me, some people out there would act like her no problem, and I think that, NOT helping Luffy would have put the islanders into trouble.
    Yes with time, but she only knew him for a few hours. And yeah, it would have, but only because she refused to think of their well-being in the first place.

Well my initial post was actually a semi-sarcastic response to HaxeyeMihawk, not you. You just serious'ed it up.
    Well, then I apologize for missing the sarcasm. You caught me while I was in serious debate mode and it fell straight into my argument.

Quote Originally Posted by threedayslater View Post
    Yes with time, but she only knew him for a few hours. And yeah, it would have, but only because she refused to think of their well-being in the first place.
    Well, yeah some desperate people would "Fall in love" after only a few hours, And yeah I get your point about the islanders, didnt see it that way.

That's true. But whether or not she was informed beforehand, it doesn't excuse the fact that Love Sickness was a plot device used to make her into Luffy's metaphorical slave.

Why can't you stop to consider that maybe the haters have a valid case?
    Yeah cuz Hancock sure is acting slavishly around Luffy, and what a slave driver he is. Bottomline is that she likes him, he needed her help so she helped him, not like her helping him was skin off her back, she wasn't be required to walk into Mariejoa for brunch with the Tennryuubito. It seems to me that Oda clearly set her up to be disliked at 1st then to make a turn around, people forget she's a fairly new character who's had little time for development.
    And contrary to what most think, Boa didn't fall for Luffy because her power failed or even just because he understood her, more likely because he displayed a selflessness that shattered her perceived image of men, remember the 1st man she ever encountered was a slave catcher, then next her master.
    Combine this with his complete lack of vanity and his non judgemental nature towards her past, and his bravery against the nobles who she hates then it becomes easier to understand her liking him.

It's Oda, romance isn't even important enough to be secondary so it's not like you could expect a time developed crush.
    Last edited by HaxeyeMihawk; August 19th, 2009 at 11:05 PM.

Discovered Stowaway MonkeyD.Ace's Avatar

At least one of my favorite girls have more than a hundred votes. That makes me happy. ^ ^

They're setting Heaven on fire together.

This is so satisfying...I feel like the rebels on Endor watching the Death Star explode in orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Picklejar View Post
    This is so satisfying...I feel like the rebels on Endor watching the Death Star explode in orbit.
    This was funny but this is why it's hard to stand the haters.

Thread Information