View Poll Results: Tobi rules, Madara drools?

Voters
306. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tobi is great.

148 48.37%
  • Madara sucks

158 51.63%
Closed Thread
Page 52 of 501 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 10002

Thread: Tobi's Tank Turns Twenty Tomorrow Discussion!!? VI

Default Re: Sasuke the Beast and Master Moria Discussion VI

Gaara impressed the Mizukage. I hope there is one straight guy in this manga....

Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofTheDesert View Post
    Gaara impressed the Mizukage. I hope there is one straight guy in this manga....
    You forget, Gaara's heart belongs to Naruto.
    The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

Apparently those whiners without humour managed to make another Naruto thread but without any good stuff and without humour, I dont see point having two naruto threads same time.

Other thread will get no posts and it will die.

Or be merged into this one, giving us yet a 6th title and making them go "baaaw" as they lose their special place.

Either way its funny and this thread will eat theirs.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

I wonder if Juju will move there.

There's now suddenly THREE Naruto threads on this forum. There's this one, BazookaNavy's thats randomly in the "suggestions" section, and Shaman Monk's brand new Naruto discussion thread bread discussion, which has apparently officially turned into a bread discussion and moved to the general section. Well, never mind then.

But here, as a peace offering, to JuJu, BazookaNavy, and Shaman Monk, and anyone else that claims they want serious Naruto discussion, here's your chance.

I'm going pull out some of my incredibly literate, well thought out Naruto posts of ye olden times before the Pain Deus Ex Machina and put them up in here, just to make a point.

You want to discuss Naruto seriously, lets play ball. Compete with this. Respond to it. Put in a thoughtful multi paragraph disussion that compares the strengths and weaknesses of the series, how it could be better and what you hope for it to achieve.Make us want to discuss it, instead of just blithely whining that this thread isn't to your liking. I singlehandedly did it for several months last year, you can too.

Here's a post I made back on December 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard, December 9th View Post
    Venus fly trap man is a pretty awesome design too. If only he'd ever do something.

I'm sure whenever he gets around to doing something, as one of the most elite badasses in the world that is capable of singlehandedly crushing an entire country (like all Akatsuki) he'll put up a decent fight with one gimmich for 7 or 8 chapters and then get utterly killed by a 14 year old.
    Well... half of him got killed randomly by a kage in 2 panels. I guess that's an improvement over the old speculation?

And here's an old post from December 19th when the village got nuked by PAIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard, December 19th View Post
    This chapter gets points for a bunch of well drawn backgrounds. It gets points for that, lets be fair in that respect. The art was good this week. That aside...

Shizune carries on the proud tradition of randomly being killed by Pain in two panels with no emotion or real sense of loss attached. Shame, I liked her... back in part 1 along with everyone else. She never DID anything but... what will become of her pig?

However, I think its a true sign that the series has failed when something as major as this, the destruction of Konoha... doesn't ring out any emotions. Its like I posted a couple weeks ago about death, if your going to destroy something, the reader needs to be reminded of why this is sad or important. Show kids playing on a playground, or Naruto defacing the statues, or some hollow tree Naruto always played in, or eating ramen at the ramen shop, or something. We're supposed to feel bad that Konoha is being destroyed, but none of the buildings or places in it are terribly memorable or have any fond memories associated with them (aside from maybe the ramen shop, and the Hokage heads) so seeing a bunch of buildings destroyed has no heart to it. Random buildings can be rebuilt. Destroy the faces of the hokages on the mountain, or something more permanent. Instead we get... the gates and a massive zoomed out, unpersonal shot.

And impressivley drawn elaborate shot it was, but impersonal.

As it is, at worst this has led to a bunch of random fodder deaths, (And I will abandon the series on the spot if Lee, Shino, Kiba or Hinata were randomly killed by that random blast without even being onscreen or having done anything. Random surprise death is one thing, but random offscreen death is stupid) but worst of all, (for a Shonen series) it DENIES ALL THE FIGHTS WE WERE PROMISED LAST WEEK. What was the point of showing dog, bug and fist teams last week if they don't get to do anything? None. So again, we lose out on the heart of the characters. Random destruction is cool, but its innefective because its just that. Random.

This feels like Kishimoto got bored of this storyline and decided it was time to end it, 10 or 15 chapters early. Pains entire attack on Konoha took 10 chapters. JUST 10, even though he had six different bodies and a paper sidekick to show off and demonstrate, and several characters were killed and should have had epic fights to the death. Add in the fact that it randomly just sort of... happened, and it feels ill planned.

Compare it to Orochimaru's attack on the village, where there was an elaborate plan involved with the Chunin exams and Gaara. That entire round of tournament fights, leading up to Sasuke versus gaara, was part of the buildup. Naruto versus Neji, Shikamru versus Temari, Kankuro throwing his fight, that was a dozen chapters where it was hinted "something big is coming, Sand is up to something." Sasuke arriving and fighting Gaara by itself was 5 or 6 chapters. Orochimaru versus the Third Hokage was 4 or 5 chapters by itself, then Sasuke and Naruto chasing down Gaara was another bunch after that, and that was after being foreshadowed for dozens of chapters in advance during the first part of the Chuunin exams. I realize this arc isn't done yet (maybe) so Naruto may yet have a big epic showdown that last 10 chapters, but really, THIS invasion seems a lot more out of nowehe and rushed than the previous one. Third versus Orochimaru got four chapters, Kakashi versus Pain got like... 4 panels.

Comparison has been made to Ursa Shock from One Piece. Yeah, this was a far more destructive move, but Ursa Shock came as a finishing move, after everybody had already had an epic fight with Odz, Moria, AND Kuma, and solo fights before that, everyone had time to shine. Here, the finishing move came right in the middle, denying any payoff or character moments. (And has also apparently nerfed Pain's 6 other bodies... so Naruto will eventually have an easier fight? Lame. Also nerfs the plot build up for Danzo) This finisher move... should have come after everyone had already fought, and lost, and been finished.

And if you're going to play out the emotion of destorying an inanimate object, you really need memories attached to it. Star Trek 3, you felt sad when Kirk sacrificed the Enterprise. One Piece you were upset when Merry died. Terminator 2 you're horrified when Sarah has the one nightmare about the kids on a playground getting nuked and the horrible loss there, even if it is just a nightmare. Its completley possible to wring emotion out of destruction like this, but there isn't. A shame.

Oh... and on an unrelated note... and am I imagining things... or wasn't there supposed to be a plotline where as Juraiya died, he entrusted with the frog a key that would unlock the other half of Naruto's 9-tails chakra? I seem to remember discussion at the time that "Oh, he's only had access to half of it all this time, thats where the next upgrade is coming." Or am I just imagining that?
    Hrm. And this all still rings true. ANyone care to add, elaborate and discuss this amazing overwhelming series changing chapter? Aside from the fact that all the death and destruction was retconned with a deus ex machina at the end? Lets focus on the pathos that existed THEN, shall we?
    Last edited by Robby; August 28th, 2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: bread discussion. heh.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Off topic:

read the new naruto chapter and got to say I both liked it and disliked it.
    Out
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Best page of the chapter:

Spoiler:

Thw action in this chapter was good, Sasuke got owned

also, what douche keeps on changing the title of this post, its retarded (hahaha, j/k)

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    also, what douche keeps on changing the title of this post, its retarded (hahaha, j/k)
    Added in after he realised it was taboo.

awesome.

I don't understand why Raikage would use an illusion when he could just kick Sasuke's ass the regular way, especially considering the fact that the Sharingan is supposed to be able to see through illusions particularly well.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Great chapter and Raikage is a beast.

I'm just waiting for sai to die

He's been getting too much character development lately

Someone took the thread hostage, and now there're three Naruto threads...eventful day. At least this one has the right name.

Nothing much happened in this weeks chapter, beside the wonderful vision that turned out to be genjutsu. Now that Danzo isn't using his technique Sasuke is back his joyful self again, he should be more thankful to the waterboy. I wonder if anyone will tell Raikage that his precious brother is alive and pursuing a career as a rap artist.

On another note I'm glad to see little Gaara, if only to see him chide the old kage.
    Hidden:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by I.D_Angelic View Post
    Someone took the thread hostage, and now there're three Naruto threads...eventful day. At least this one has the right name.

Nothing much happened in this weeks chapter, beside the wonderful vision that turned out to be genjutsu. Now that Danzo isn't using his technique Sasuke is back his joyful self again, he should be more thankful to the waterboy. I wonder if anyone will tell Raikage that his precious brother is alive and pursuing a career as a rap artist.

On another note I'm glad to see little Gaara, if only to see him chide the old kage.
    Sasuke is a bipolar nutcase. Ever since Itachi came back to the village and kicked his ass, Sasuke been acting like a dumbass. Sasuke doesn't come off has someone who would thank Suigetsu. He gad to be in a good mood to even thank Naruto in part1. LOL The Old Kage doesn't do crap other then talk about his bad hip.

naruto hasn't sucked balls yet. That's why he's getting sasuke.
    UTSF site *click*
    subbing one piece since july 08
    one piece 432 released! SD released!

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateclima View Post
    So in the new chapter,
    Raikage and his underlings seem to be very capable. The fight is warming up and hopefully they all kick some serious ass before The Beast comes out of his cage and Naruto shows up at the last moment.

Danzo announces his fascist agenda, admits to controlling that guy's mind, yet there seems to be no repercussions for his actions. I'm pretty much convinced now that Danzo's not a bad guy, just an antihero.

Now the confusing things of this chapter.
    Zabuza's sword breaks. Was there any point to him having that sword in the first place?
    Also, what was with Gaara's question? I didn't understand what his question meant.
    The Kages are concentrated on the battle right now and he wanted to collect the 7 swords men swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Fool View Post
    Just read the new chapter, and I have to say that Sasuke the Beast needs to get caged, literally. I want him caged so I can feed him my cat's leftovers. God, I really, really hate him.
    Don't hate on the beast.

raikage is just like an animal going around and punching everything with his full strenght...
    nahhh lame character..
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

I like how sasuke made his gay little team then went on to say he doesn't need their help every time they save his ass

If I was on his team I would just let him die already

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    I like how sasuke made his gay little team then went on to say he doesn't need their help every time they save his ass

If I was on his team I would just let him die already
    This is like the first time he said that. When they were fighting Killerbee, he worked with them. He just nuts today i guest.

Closed Thread

Thread Information