+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1643

Thread: Star Wars Universe

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Default Re: Star Wars Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post

Wait for Ackbar at the end
    For a moment I thought this was a really dark isis joke about there being a big explosion. Kinda dissapointed you were talking about the admiral now.

(yes I know I'm horrible)
    -_- o_o O_O ...Agree to disagree sounds about right. Holy moly.
    I'm such a bad person

Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

My body.....wasn't ready....

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    My body.....wasn't ready....
    and either was mine...i haven't felt like this since i saw episode 7.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

I will come back to this thread and post something more thought out and complex about that trailer in the future but for now....

THAT TRAILER OH MY FREAKING GOD YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Already got my tickets for the opening night at Alamo Drafthouse!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 ē Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Trailer was pretty cool.

Showed enough without revealing much. That last part seems like a clear misdirect in order to build hype and get the click bait articles and videos rolling.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Goddamn this is looking like the most beautiful Star Wars film by a mile. The AT-ATs on the color dust planet, Finn and Phasma's clash, pure money.

I thought the first half of the trailer was a bit meh and was starting to feel a bit worried since nothing stood out much other than the visuals, but there was no need to worry since they just saved the good stuff for the second half

Glad to see Finn and Phasma getting that duel they should have had in Episode 7. Looking forward to see what they do with Phasmoothie this go around. Kylo piloting that starfighter reminded me of that one episode of Rebels where Darth Vader single-handedly wrecked a Rebel fleet with a TIE Fighter. The ways Kylo emulates Vader are pretty interesting.

Anyone else think Luke's voice sounded a lot like Yoda's? I wonder how intentional that was.

Pumped for Snoke as well! Given the scenery around them, I'm not under the impression that this is just a dream sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    Trailer was pretty cool.

Showed enough without revealing much. That last part seems like a clear misdirect in order to build hype and get the click bait articles and videos rolling.
    Idk, if there's anything that felt like misdirection it was when they implied Kylo killing Leia in his starfighter assault. There's definitely more to that last scene than they're probably letting on, but I can see the potential for this being a thing. From Kylo being conflicted af to Luke's statement in the teaser that it's "time for the Jedi to end" there's a good chance of new wrinkles forming in this arc rather than being straight good vs. evil, or turning Kylo good at the last minute like Vader in the original trilogy.

Spoiler:

Gosh look, "Ren as frighteningly overpowered Tetsuo figure" wasn't in my head.

Small detail someone pointed out to me today, Luke's hand is the same mechanical one from Empire. Most people assumed the case, but the small detail that proved it was the blast mark on the hand, which is from Luke getting shot in the hand in Return of the Jedi when fighting Jabba's crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

I figured out who Admiral Snoke is. Once I saw the scar on his forehead it was so obvious, especially once you think about it

Spoiler:

You might say when he hit his forehead..... The Force awakened

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/disney-...edi-1509528603

Maybe when Disney have ALL of the money instead of most of the money they'll consider making original movies again. I doubt it though.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post

Maybe when Disney have ALL of the money instead of most of the money they'll consider making original movies again. I doubt it though.
    Replace the word money in your first sentence with:

Spoiler:

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post

I saw another article on that, where some people who had worked in theaters back when the prequels came out pointed out in the comments that this is nothing new. LucasFilm was doing this back then too. Of course, that doesn't mean that this isn't kind of a douchey thing to do, but... yeah, it's apparently standard procedure at this point.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

Wano? Wa-TWO YEARS??? Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

Needless to say, now I'm really interested in what The Last Jedi is gonna be like. That film will be pretty big in deciding how much I look forward to a new trilogy.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

Needless to say, now I'm really interested in what The Last Jedi is gonna be like. That film will be pretty big in deciding how much I look forward to a new trilogy.
    I'm really excited to hear this because, honestly, this is exactly what I was hoping they would do. Making a completely new film series totally separate from the Skywalker story. Personally, I feel that story ended back in Return of the Jedi and everything since then has been fluff. Not that Force Awakens was bad, but it just didn't feel needed. Really, I just don't think anything can capture the same magic of those characters and that story at that specific time, so it's best to move on from them.

I do hope The Last Jedi offers a solution to the eternal Jedi and Sith conflict - as they've hinted at. Otherwise The Chosen One really did not achieve a damn thing, in the long run.

I'm interested in what the new series will be about. I mean, sure, the Star Wars universe has great many others things in it other than Jedi's and The Empire but, it is the Jedi that give Star Wars an unique identify. If it's just some guy in an unknown planet doing unknown things unrelated to any event or character that we know of, then how does it distinguish itself from other sci-fi universes out there?

Aaaaah, Old Republic would be so sweeeeeeeeeeet. Not gonna happen but oooooooooh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I'm really excited to hear this because, honestly, this is exactly what I was hoping they would do. Making a completely new film series totally separate from the Skywalker story. Personally, I feel that story ended back in Return of the Jedi and everything since then has been fluff. Not that Force Awakens was bad, but it just didn't feel needed. Really, I just don't think anything can capture the same magic of those characters and that story at that specific time, so it's best to move on from them.
    Personally I feel like there's something really necessary and NOW about the 7-9 trilogy though.
    We're living in a time where it feels like lots of sure things we've taken for granted are under attack, where old victories are feeling meaningless, where evils that were supposed to be defeated are popping up again, where the "end of history" of the Cold War finishing has never felt like more of a lie, and where some of the major villains aren't just old bastards but young ones.
    Even if by accident it's feeling like there's something oddly cathartic and honest about the plot continuing and looking dark again after Return of the Jedi.
    In a sense I DO feel like it's moving on from them, by daring to show the hollow victory and continued issues.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    I do hope The Last Jedi offers a solution to the eternal Jedi and Sith conflict - as they've hinted at. Otherwise The Chosen One really did not achieve a damn thing, in the long run.
    Considering the new trilogy largely ignores most of the dumber crap from the prequels, the meaningless vague prophecy is certainly not something I think anyone making them cares about in the least. As well they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Considering the new trilogy largely ignores most of the dumber crap from the prequels, the meaningless vague prophecy is certainly not something I think anyone making them cares about in the least. As well they shouldn't.
    I don't care of it's dumb or not; it's part of the narrative. Anakin was the chosen one. Empire's rise and fall, but it's stupididly astounding how we're back at square one. Force Awakens was good, but it was such a rethread of the past films and overall a nostalgia fest that it ultimately failed to justify the continuation of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    I don't care of it's dumb or not; it's part of the narrative.
    If only it was ever explained or even consistently described by the narrative. Then maybe it would matter.

Anakin was the chosen one. Empire's rise and fall, but it's stupididly astounding how we're back at square one.
    It's realistic. The stupidly astounding thing was the prophecy, I mean I think, again, hard to say what it was going on about.

Do we have to go over this again? (skip to 1:04:55)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information