+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112
Results 2,221 to 2,227 of 2227

Thread: Star Wars Universe

Default Re: Star Wars Universe

I liked Thrawn Alliances.

General thoughts
    Spoiler:
    Enjoyed both time periods. Anakin/Thrawn (& Padme)'s story was a great mystery that linked nicely with Vader/Thrawn's story. Liked the other POVs we got. I hope to see more of Commadore Faro. And the First Legion commander surprisingly wasn't a huge jerk. Also liked the camaraderie between the First Legion.

The tension between Thrawn and Vader was great. We finally meet someone else in the Empire besides Tarkin and the Emperor that Vader has to talk to and not just choke and walk away.

Ending
    Spoiler:
    They did a good job setting up the Gysks (with some Chiss help) as a future problem). Most likely they'll be a post ROTJ problem. Vader force piloting the Star Destroyer was cool. Still want to know if Thrawn ordered that navigation guy to adjust his seat beforehand, ha. Vader in a tie defender was nice too. I thought Thrawn was gonna reveal he was force sensitive as a child.

That anti-Jedi clone armor, baby. Be nice to see that but it won't happen now. Liked Padme's POV chapters a lot. She's so smart and capable. Sucks what happened to that planet at the end. Anakin screwed up big time. Oh, yeah, Thrawn! He was on top of things like always. Great seeing him tackle problems without dealing with Rebels plot armor.

I guess we'll get another Thrawn book, but that'll have to take place after Rebels. I certainly won't mind a Thrawn/Ezra book. Doubt they'll do a TV show about them.

NNID: jervinnectar

Doctor Aphra.
    Been reading her comic series. Why isn't Disney pushing her as the next big Star Wars character? Where's her movie or show? She's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Doctor Aphra.
    Been reading her comic series. Why isn't Disney pushing her as the next big Star Wars character? Where's her movie or show? She's amazing.
    ....Is that a trick question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

She could be the next big EU star, up there with Thrawn. I'd say with her comic, along with the Star Wars and Vader comics they could make something similar to Clone Wars set post ANH.

I get Disney wants to capitalize on nostalgia, but they also should build up new characters and lesser-known fan favorites. So much potential to be found there.

Gary Kurtz, the producer of Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, passed away at the age of 78.

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

The third segment of this video (starting at about 15 minutes) is seriously perfect and is something I wish anyone who either is in the group that considers TLJ the worst thing ever or has interacted with someone from that group, would watch. (tl;dw: You're allowed to dislike it but certain very outspoken people have crossed a line into being 10000% toxic about it and that is very much not okay.)

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Yeah I know a few folks who genuinely disliked the movie but werent assholes about it and not for asshole reasons. I feel bad that they can get lumped in with the assholes who dislike it for asshole reasons.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information