+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorohedoro

Default Re: Dorohedoro

I've read up to chapter 8 so far and I'm sold already.

Also I tried to rack my brain on what the artstyle reminded me of, especially on the colored parts. The B&W parts do have a similarity to some Judge Dredd artists (and the setting does give the same vibes) but then I realized that the colored spots remind me of Enki Bilal's work, moreso on his earlier stuff which has a similar, murky and artistic atmosphere.
    Last edited by Traveller; February 3rd, 2013 at 07:59 AM.

the mangaka used to be an assistant for tsutomo nihei on Blame! or whatever. So I guess she picked up his style

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/160569/...en-syndicate/3

It's Dorohedoro time, muthafuckas!

Loves Delicious Portraits BoomerKoala's Avatar

Why does this manga always end with a cliffhanger that makes me go WHAAA AGDGHS the hell was that thing why the heck is this chapter so short... oh its 27 pages already? Dammit.

GLad to see dorohedoro being translated monthly than once in forever like it used to.

Yeah, Q Hayashida wants to keep fucking with our heads for as long as she can.

Still, the chapter was greatly enjoyable. It's awesome how she can keep up with so many characters who are all crazy as hell, and make them (almost) all likable.

And the atmosphere she created is so freaking good.

For a second there, I thought we were going to have a canon shipping situation on our hands , but Q Hayashida decided to screw with us

It's that time of the month again. Yeah, you know that time.

DOROHEDORO TIME, MOTHERTRUCKERS!

The char.designs reminded me of Otomo's for some reason.Must be the foreheads.
    Last edited by Sander; April 18th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.

Wow that Risu transformation page is super adorable.

What the hell man. What is that face even.
    eaf4e9

Who is that fucker with the knife? Do we know him?

Poor Asu can't catch a break.

And considering two super powerful beings are there with him (Curse and Semi-Devil Nikaido), I was expecting them to react faster and help Asu. . .

. . .although gotta admit constanty high as fuck Nikaido is extremely funny.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah, what is this sorcery??? ANOTHER chapter? After less than a week??

Well, not going to complain.

Off to read, Dorohedoro time, fuckeeers!
    Last edited by kouch_lee; April 18th, 2013 at 03:05 PM.

Woah, what is this sorcery??? ANOTHER chapter? After less than a week??

Well, not going to complain.

Off to read, Dorohedoro time, fuckeeers!

Loves Delicious Portraits BoomerKoala's Avatar

Asu is throwing a tantrum.

Spoiler:

This chapter cover art sums up the entire manga for me.

Lol at Asu.

Pretty badass chapter. I specially liked the super nonchalant way (as always) that Kasukabe and Haru were talking amidst a room full of demons, in the middle of the lake of refuse and with shit about to happen. And it seems we *gasp* might be getting close to solve the riddle? The boss was being manipulated all this time?

And my biggest worry: will we ever see Kaiman again?

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    And my biggest worry: will we ever see Kaiman again?
    Are him and Aikawa seperate personalities?

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    Are him and Aikawa seperate personalities?
    From what I gather, Aikawa is indeed Kaiman. Ai/Kai/Boss is the murdering head chopping devil tumor eating metamorfosed psycopath.

Thing is, wathever the devils are planning for him won't end well, and that includes Aikawa's personality. Unless his body also divides itself into two because *Dorohedoro* and we have two sepparate entities for Aikawa and the boss.

I just want the manga to end with Aikawa/Kaiman and Nikaido working together at the Gyoza restaurant and being happy forever and ever. And have children. Devil children.

Kai has the distinction of being the only villain in this manga who acts like a total monster seemingly without a semblance of a lighthearted/goofy side or any postitive or non-threatening traits.

Everyone else,despite being homicidal sadists and psychos,have lots of redeeming values to them and can be pretty neat guys to hang around with.Even Chidaruma,who is pretty much our local Satan,has this big goofy fun side to him.Kai is the only one who is 100% terror.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    From what I gather, Aikawa is indeed Kaiman.
    Well then,he didn't really go anywhere,did he?It's just that he lost his lizard face and got his memories back.

...though I really want him to go back to being reptilian.If only for a while...though that would mean getting Ebisu's stuff back on him...which could feel a tad contrived and forced.

Ai is just the name that Aikawa/Kaiman gave to himself so he could flee from Nikaido, and that same Aikawa is just a personality that spawned after Kai entered the Magic users' world.

All that multiple personalities and heads stuff must have something to do with the refuse lake and the thing that has yet to be revealed.
    eaf4e9

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Well then,he didn't really go anywhere,did he?It's just that he lost his lizard face and got his memories back.

...though I really want him to go back to being reptilian.If only for a while...though that would mean getting Ebisu's stuff back on him...which could feel a tad contrived and forced.
    Well, right now he is a massive blob of refuse, so. . .yeah. I don't think Aikawa's personality is coming back any time soon, since Kai seems to be the dominant one. Which is a shame, considering he's the main protagonist and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sâuza View Post
    Ai is just the name that Aikawa/Kaiman gave to himself so he could flee from Nikaido, and that same Aikawa is just a personality that spawned after Kai entered the Magic users' world.
    I don't recall this, to be honest. I mean Aikawa using the name "Ai" to get away from Nikaido.

All that multiple personalities and heads stuff must have something to do with the refuse lake and the thing that has yet to be revealed.
    Yeah, and I hope we finally get the answer, although I'm in no hurry. The ride so far is too enjoyable for it to end.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information