+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Axis Powers Hetalia

Default Axis Powers Hetalia

It's a parody webcomic that takes place in WWII and other historical events with countries as people. When I first saw the anime version, I couldn't stop giggling!

For more information, go to this site : http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=28236

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default Re: Axis Powers Hetalia

Very stereotypical. The non-fanservice male analogue of Strike Witches, in my view.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Very stereotypical. The non-fanservice male analogue of Strike Witches, in my view.
    Compared to South Park, the stereotypes in this series are pretty mild. Besides, it's supposed to be fun, not insulting.

The stereotypes are a big part of what distinguishes one nation from another in this one, and how they interact with each other.

Personally I love Hetalia, it's really quirky and cute.

Unfortunately I got on the bandwagon just right before it went south DX Epic fail.

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn & nintendo id squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

Art is my pimp. ; A ; Katsu_Mari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arei View Post
    Unfortunately I got on the bandwagon just right before it went south DX Epic fail.
    Hetalia went south? I thought it was still doing pretty good.

Newest episode is out! Switzerland is voiced as Romi Paku (Edward Elric) and his sister, Liechtenstein, is voiced by Rie Kugimiya (Alphonse Elric). Coincidence?

I apologize for reviving this but didnt want to start a new thread

Got a Message form Funis Twitter.
    they Got the Dub rights!
    http://blog.funimation.com/2010/07/w...cements-begin/

Is this a good aninme..i have heards lots about it online and on dA
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    I apologize for reviving this but didnt want to start a new thread

Got a Message form Funis Twitter.
    they Got the Dub rights!
    http://blog.funimation.com/2010/07/w...cements-begin/

Is this a good aninme..i have heards lots about it online and on dA
    Thank you so much for putting this up, I was waiting for this to come out!
    Gotta say, so far I happy with the cast they picked, though I can't wait for the main characters to be announced...
    Most of the fanbase (on the Livejournal community, biggest base I know of) is happy that Vic Mignogna wasn't given a major part.

Jerry Jewell as Russia made my daaaaaay <33333 I love him to death and he is so great with those accents.

Not loving France though. It's so terribly fake that it's bad and not funny.

There is also leaked audio from the mini premiere they had at AX that's floating around.

The world is now safe from my wrath since Vic is not America and I really like whoever it is that's doing him. This guy sounds kinda like Vic but his voice is really off that I'm pretty sure its not him. Funi sometimes double roles people but I'm hoping this is not the case for Hetalia >_> Greece doesn't speak THAT much though we really won't be hearing Vic much through him.

The quality of the audio from that leaked thing is meh so its hard to tell with the stupid echos but I'm pleased with America and England. And Germany, holy shit yes <3 China was meh, and the rest too jumbled to really understand. They were douchebaggy by cutting off the video before Italy said Pastaaaaa~ I'm sure he's gonna be the last actor to be announced, with America right in front of him I bet =__=

I'm so excited, I'm actually excited for this dub now when I was all gung ho that I'd be sick of it thinking about if Vic was America TT_TT

. tumblr
    . mfc .

Last edited by KaizokuFan22; July 8th, 2010 at 10:57 PM.
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

And America is Eric Vale <3333 Day is so made.

. tumblr
    . mfc .

I don't think there's one so far that I don't like...I haven't heard them all, of course, and we'll see about Vic as Greece...I like Germany and I can't wait to hear Italy!

USA is announced and so has UK and Germany
    http://blog.funimation.com/2010/07/h...ement-usa-usa/

Opinions on the picks?
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

F YEAH AMERICA I like his alot
    I'd like Russia's to be a bit higher, but his accent is cute and I can wait to here him Kol
    This is going great, I'm so excited!
    Edit: FLYING MINT BUNNY
    ashf;asdjhgas;l
    freaking epic win ahahahaha

This a bad show because there isn't a character named 'texas' in it

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    Each character represents a country. Different parts of those characters can represent states, provinces, cities and such.
    In this case, it has been confirmed that Texas is represented by America's glasses. Easy to add after annexation, see?

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    My friend does an OC Texas cosplay. Its fabulous and over stereotyped to the max. Sometime we'll go eat again at the awesome stereotypical texas resteraunt in our cosplay again. It's too fucking hilarious XD

. tumblr
    . mfc .

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Wow. They weren't kidding when they said they were going to start making Hetalia more serious. Just read the moment where Ivan... snapped. It was a freakin' Rorschach moment there.

(Sorry for the.. un-timely bump, but I DID use the Search function ;) I'm quite new to Hetalia anyways, just finished watching the first season and bits and bobs of the second.)

Rosy Life Rider Miadestroystokyo's Avatar

I'm rather fond of hetalia because the episodes are bite sized and I can watch it whenever I want- I don't feel compelled to wait for the next installments or watch them in any particular linear order.

it's pretty cute and quite funny at times.

this is your captain speaking

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Heh, the episodes aren't even that linear. Okay they follow a storyline of sorts, but you don't really get 'spoilers' or anything since it's... mostly historically based lol.

What a lot of people seem to really dislike is how the dub is (a lot) more offensive; personally I like it this way, it seems to pack more punches... <_<

--

France's accent was just hilarious, it reminds me of Allo, Allo (a British sitcom, where they did really stereotypical accents to represent people speaking in 'different languages', and as such, the 'Britishman masquerading as a French policeman' with a really, really bad French accent, getting words all wrong). His laugh is just perfect.

America is just absolutely spot on. Abnoxious, loud, and well, 'dude'.

Russia's accent is just too damn cute when he's being neutral. When he's terrifying, oh boy is HE terrifying. And lol, 'it make me pleasure smile'. That made me laugh for some reason.
    The only thing they really messed up here as far as I can tell was 'Kol'- I'm not sure they knew it was intended to be a multi-language word. It's not that big of a deal to me, though. Some people liked it as 'killkillkill'. I didn't mind it that much.

Ukraine: She really does sound like a cry-baby older lady. It's strangely cute.

Belarus: 'Big brother, the doorknob that was holding us apart is GONE, isn't that nice?' Holy shit, that gives me chills.

China: I don't see what people are grasping for in China's voice. He sounds more like a dude than the Japanese version. :|

Japan: Perfectly smooth-and-serious. Love it! Also, 'respond Japanese way' part was just awesome.

Britain: Apart from the obvious mess-up ('SCONN', not 'SCOEN' xD) and a few unintentional Americanisms in manner of speech (t sounding like d), I really love the guy's voice. In their defense of 'SCOEN' though, it IS spelled kind of like it should be said that way.... IDK, English language is confusing sometimes.

ITALY: Now when I heard his voice first off, I didn't think 'Mario'. Well, Mario has a somewhat different range and delivery. These guys obviously have the same stereotypical accent, so go figure. I think he sounds adorable, in any case. Good ol' Hetalia.

Germany: Amazingly well suited voice, and the random German words popping up in a sentence were nicely done (und instead of and). His voice is very powerful, which suits this character swell. Especially when his 'soft side to Italy' comes out (Ich liebe dich, hee hee). Makes him sound so stiff and awkward, lul.

Now who could forget Canada? His voice is a very soft version of America's, which actually suits him to a tee. After all, characters do get the two confused. And Kumajiro sounds a little more like a little boy-bear here, I thought. Even a little terse with that 'Who're YOU?'. xD

..The only voice that kind of grated on me a little was Lichtenstein. It may be a typical anime trope, but I just can't imagine a voice that high coming out of a teenage girl xD;
    Also Sealand... I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GIRL, DAMNIT D:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information