+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Disney animation thread

Default Re: The non-Disney animated movies thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Did anyone else ever see this?

http://www.hotmoviesale.com/dvds/784...n-A-Forest.jpg

I haven't seen this since I was really little. I don't even remember if it was any good or not (probably not, since no one seems to remember or care about it). What I remember most about it is that one the main characters has the same name as me (and that's saying something since I don't have a very common name).
    I've seen most of it though I don't think I've ever sat down and watched the whole movie at once. I think it's based on a book series, but I don't know anything about the book series itself. Far as the film goes, it was one of the few films from Hanna Barbera's feature division. I think this film and the Jetsons movie might have been the only two made before it became Turner Feature Animation, which also made only two films as far as I know.
    Complicating things since 2009.

How on earth did Anastasia and Quest for Camelot go without mention?
    [youtube]0QkurL3HPSA[/youtube]

[youtube]xTOlZkRLOj8[/youtube]

Anywho. Scamper was my favorite non-disney cartoon in my early childhood. Cats Dont Dance replaced it and still holds #1
    [youtube]LNc2kly-3h4[/youtube]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenda_mint View Post
    How on earth did Anastasia and Quest for Camelot go without mention?
    [youtube]0QkurL3HPSA[/youtube]

[youtube]xTOlZkRLOj8[/youtube]
    LOOOOOOOVE those two movies.

IKR? I sing Once Upon a December a lot around the house XD

Ooops! Forgot a one of my favs :D

[youtube]fRaqm1IMOHA[/youtube]
    God bless Canada
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

i dont really want to limit this thread to just movies any more, lol

[youtube]q7O7NgjWPeM[/youtube]

i have a few vhs tapes of this australian tv series, and i still love it

Edit: I think El Dorado has already been posted, so I'm posting this too for honorable mention

i dont remember how good it is

[youtube]wu7VlxBuf1Y[/youtube]
    Last edited by taboo; January 20th, 2010 at 04:28 AM.

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

[YOUTUBE]JgjmFBX34zc[/YOUTUBE]

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

I haven't seen this since I was really little. I don't even remember if it was any good or not (probably not, since no one seems to remember or care about it). What I remember most about it is that one the main characters has the same name as me (and that's saying something since I don't have a very common name).
    I actually really liked that movie when I was younger, and saw it a few times.

From what I remember, the part of the forest the main characters lived in was gassed by human beings (not on purpose I think), and the little badger girl in pink got sick from it. The 3 main characters in the flying machine went off on an adventure to find a cure for her poison. If I recall, the mouse girl was the leader, the mole with the glasses the brain, and the hedgehog was the kind one.

Pretty sure it's on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    i dont remember how good it is

[youtube]wu7VlxBuf1Y[/youtube]
    Middling, I'd say. Some of the animation is wonderful, some... not so much, and the plot is fairly predicatable. Worth a rental anyway just as a refresher if you haven't seen it in a long time.

And if we're starting to include television shows as well as films:

[YOUTUBE]1w8l40pFD0g[/YOUTUBE]

I remember when this show first came out because my dad used to tape Saturday morning cartoons for me where he works because we couldn't pick up FOX that well where we lived. So one morning, he happened to watch a few minutes of one of the new shows and said he and his coworkers just sat around and laughed at it the whole time. In fact, it was the episode right after this paragraph.

[YOUTUBE]le50HWxsF-4[/YOUTUBE]

Ooh, I remember that show.
    This one, however, I was convinced was a dream until about two years ago.
    [youtube]VthsQVsXwEg[/youtube]

Duckula isn't a show I watched as a kid since we didn't have cable. Come to think of it, I might have seen his original appearance as the local Radio Shack used to have a fair collection of Danger Mouse tapes among other things. I have some of the old Marvel comics lying around somewhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the Dark View Post
    I don't have a picture, but I think Gay Paris deserves a mention. Judy Garland was really a nice singer, and I liked the henchmen of that one cat.
    Obviously I haven't seen it in a while, though.

i think the correct title pronunciation is Gay Puree. i still have this dvd in my collection.

speaking of rarities, does anyone remember this old relic?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiOfr01yUP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiOfr01yUP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

this the only one could find on youtube.
    and i still have this one too.

Wow, I have an odd selection of movies
    Movie started with some live action but went to pure cartoon
    [youtube]0-Ie8MrQGvU[/youtube]

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Ah, yes; I remember watching this movie at school once when I was in 1st grade...I think. Most of the plot is a blur to me now, but I remember it basically being another green aesopp. I've been thinking about rewatching it, just to refresh my mind.

And, here's a clip from Felidae, that movie I mentioned a few pages back.

[youtube]dqZwCxk_vk[/youtube]
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Family Dog. From Brad Bird (who would later go on to do Incredibles and Ratatouille) and also, some guy named SPielberg... among others.

Its interesting to see the characterization and people quirks the Bird would put into his later stuff.

Hidden:
    [youtube]3U_hqEkk674[/youtube]
    [youtube]4GFz7zIpr9A[/youtube]
    [youtube]A6Yp6FSZ2bM[/youtube]
    Last edited by Robby; January 20th, 2010 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg009 View Post
    this the only one could find on youtube.
    and i still have this one too.
    Foofur: The Motion Picture (as opposed to the Marmaduke movie with Owen Wilson as the voice of Marmaduke; I wish I were making that up, I really do).

Relic? Maybe, but old, not so much. Millionaire Dogs was made in 1999 and only looks like it should have been made twenty years or more earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Foofur: The Motion Picture (as opposed to the Marmaduke movie with Owen Wilson as the voice of Marmaduke; I wish I were making that up, I really do).

Relic? Maybe, but old, not so much. Millionaire Dogs was made in 1999 and only looks like it should have been made twenty years or more earlier.
    Ugh I know. I saw the preview the other day on MSN. I cringed.
    I'm just glad in knowing Calvin and Hobbes wont be ripped to shreds by the movie industry. Thank you non-commercialization

I'd never seen Millionaire Dogs before, which company produced it? I'm going to bed in a couple minutes and probably wont remember to look it up tomorrow
    Last edited by Mokenda_mint; January 21st, 2010 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenda_mint View Post
    I'd never seen Millionaire Dogs before, which company produced it? I'm going to bed in a couple minutes and probably wont remember to look it up tomorrow
    Some German outfit made it; I don't know enough about German animation to say who it was. I think it's original title is Hot Dog something or other.

Mmm here's a mexican cartoon I grew up with. Apparantly it's extremely rare in english :T

I remember going to a shut down old prison once for a middle school fieldtrip and seeing drawings of it covering the walls XD
    [youtube]ShACjy9Xqs0[/youtube]
    Last edited by Mokenda_mint; January 25th, 2010 at 05:47 PM.

Katy's voice is the same as Unico ^_^

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    Katy's voice is the same as Unico ^_^
    God I love Unico!
    Wow I didn't know there was anyone else here who knew about Unico :D

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information