+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109
Results 2,161 to 2,172 of 2172

Thread: Non-Disney animation thread

Default Re: Non-Disney animation thread

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Flintstones reboot won't be as amazingly insane as the comics are.
    Those comics are the best thing to come out of the franchise. It's the Flintstones's equivalent of SDMI.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Those comics are the best thing to come out of the franchise. It's the Flintstones's equivalent of SDMI.
    I really need to pick up the Snagglepuss comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I really need to pick up the Snagglepuss comics.
    The writing is that one is really good but the character designs were so off-putting I had trouble getting into it.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    What we really need is a reboot of Cro.

I remember literally nothing about this show except for the opening, and that it aired before Sonic SatAM and I sat through it to make sure I didn't miss the show I actually wanted to see.

I'm sure it was awful and I've blocked out everything about it for a reason.
    I really liked the opening theme song for Cro. And it was a bit more educational than most cartoons try to be. Like Carmen Sandiego Lite.

Not surprising since that was around the time that children's television first saw strong regulations requiring a certain percentage of educational content each week.

I'm probably one of the few fans of the series, Tubi tv got the 2nd season of Strom Hawks. Which is the season that Cartoon Network never aired.

Once again Wednesday looks like the best part. And Cousin It is played by . . . . SNOOP DOG?!

We did have Vin Diesel dub a character by saying only three words so let's have Snoop Dog dub a character with only gibberish.

One thing I'm getting from this is I think they're trying to stay more true to the original comics than the tv series or the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    One thing I'm getting from this is I think they're trying to stay more true to the original comics than the tv series or the 90s.
    Ehhhhhh... kinda, sorta as it's mostly the comic with the designs. For the most part, the personalities feel more like the early '90s show than anything else; Fester in particular feels like the Rip Taylor version of the character.

The real exception to both is Wednesday, who is pretty obviously Christina Ricci Wednesday in personality and a design that's really not like any other version of the character. Pretty much every Wednesday besides the film is pretty much just your average little girl in weird clothing; even the cartoon version from the early '90s just made her a super chipper weirdo rather than a dour dark type.

Yet still, whenever one thinks of Wednesday Addams, Christina Ricci's version comes to mind as the definitive version of the character, doesn't it? There is no denying her portrayal had a huge impact on how we view the character.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information