+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 125 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the TeamFourStar Thread with DBZ Abridged and Pokemon things

Default It's the TeamFourStar Thread with DBZ Abridged and Pokemon things

I'm pretty surprised there's no thread for this. Anyhow, TFS (a group of some of the best abridgers around, with cameos by the granddaddy of 'em all, LittleKuriboh, and others) have spent the past year abridging DBZ (long before news of Kai, even). As with YGOTAS, it's also a parody, but this is by far the best parody of them all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFourStar

They're become so popular that it's only taken three days for episode 10 to past the 200,000 mark (the fact that it's the first part of the GokŻ v. Vegeta battle sure helps, I'm sure).

Note: Episode one was removed from their page so they link to another user's upload in their play list.

The extras are also hilarious! (Watch for the One Piece reference in one of them!)
    Last edited by JulieYBM; May 28th, 2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Fixed wording a little.

Default Re: TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridge Discussion

I absolutely LOVE this series! Lani and Taka are sooo funny. Can't wait for Episode 10 part 2.

I love Nappa so much. I miss him, but it is still funny even without him! Also that one opening with the Yoshi bit is one of my favorites, and the measuring in Raditzes.

Hello I'm the Nostalgia Saiyan, I remember it so you can all go to Hell and Die!
    DBZ Abridged is amazing. The delivery of jokes is spot-on and Lanipator does a better Vegeta then anyone else.
    It was sad to see Nappa go, but Goku is there to fill that void now.

I don't like their Goku too much (joke choice, not acting) but other than that, I love this series soooo much. I miss Nappa already ;_;

I'd think Gokuu'll eventually evolve to have more personality traits than naively stupid and food obsessed. This series is really good, it's one of the few worth watching Abridged Series', which means it'a really good and doesn't go way overboard with jumping the shark or get too pretentious.
    Nappa was a good character. There's one flashback with him (and Raditz) at the end of the Frieza arc, which is something they could stick scenes of in other places, or just do it then.
    And the pacing is good, they've gone through 32 episodes in 10 abridged episodes. They could have gone really slow or tried to wizz through things. That's pretty good.

But the thing with DBZ is it has so many characters and the plot has all the things recent anime criticisers talk about how the power levels get huge, the pacing is really slow, lots of deus ex machina shonen power ups, unimportant characters... etc.
    It's a really good series to abridge.

Plus the second part of episode 10 is supposed to come out within a week of the first. Given their general schedule it'll probably be about twice that.
    That's the only thing, with their huge cast it takes a while to do an episode. Maybe that and all the editing they do.

I've only seen one episode (they were fighting Nappa) and it was hilarious. Definitely need to make time to watch this.

Hmm, I've seen a few episodes of this and I think it's pretty darn funny. Of course nothing can compare to Yu-Gi-Oh abridged. Also, they've got their own account now on TGWTG.com so that's even cooler.

I really like this show, and I feel they parodied Goku spot on.
    Also Nappa having more of a crazy personality was great too.

I love this shit. Funny as hell. Definately one of the 3 Abridges Series worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Their GokŻ is, I think, written after the original Japanese a little more than the dub one.

But I agree, the series is great. Episode 10 Part 2 should be coming out today, as I hear.

Part 2 got delayed until next week. Noooooeeesss! Oh well. I'll just watch part one for the 60th time.

Yeah - This is the best pne by far.
    I Loved that Piccolo - Mark friend on facebook thing they did,
    And the way they so casually point out Plot-Holes in the series, It's funny !!

And the Over 9000 thing
    "1006 ... Oh it's upside down" - That was funny as hell & damn clever !!
    Last edited by Kuminator; May 30th, 2009 at 09:17 AM.

About the 1006 joke; if they had mirrored Vegeta's scene so that the Scouter is put in his eye, it would look like he read it upside down :P
    Also "Times whaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

MasakoX sucks dongs

Quote Originally Posted by eldritch gall View Post
    MasakoX sucks dongs
    And YOU are a British euphamism for a cigarette.

Don't just randomly insult people, at least have the decency to be creative and funny about it.

Anyway, DBZ abridged is great, though I'm a little sad that Lupin abridged is basically on permanent hiatus because of it. Hbi2K's stuff is consitently entertaing as wel. (He did Berserk abrdiged, Gantz Abridged, and is now doing Escaflowne.)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Well, I, for one, believe MasakoX wasn't the best choice for Goku. However, I haven't seen anyone else do a better voice. Dunno why I don't enjoy his Goku... But it's just so bland. He is funny, but Goku is. Can't word it correctly, I know, but I just think he could do better. Granted, we really won't see a lot of him until the Cell sagas, as in the Frieza saga alot of it is Gohan, Bulma, and Krillin.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    I'd think Gokuu'll eventually evolve to have more personality traits than naively stupid and food obsessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePark View Post
    Well, I, for one, believe MasakoX wasn't the best choice for Goku. However, I haven't seen anyone else do a better voice. Dunno why I don't enjoy his Goku... But it's just so bland. He is funny, but Goku is. Can't word it correctly, I know, but I just think he could do better. Granted, we really won't see a lot of him until the Cell sagas, as in the Frieza saga alot of it is Gohan, Bulma, and Krillin.
    MasakoX's Goku is a lot closer to Masako Nozawa's Goku; the Goku most fans know and love who's naive and loves to fight and eat food. Not the "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR I KNOW HOW TO YELL AND ACT STUPID!" Sean Schemmel Goku.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

...which is pretty much all on the script...
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    And YOU are a British euphamism for a cigarette.

Don't just randomly insult people, at least have the decency to be creative and funny about it.

Anyway, DBZ abridged is great, though I'm a little sad that Lupin abridged is basically on permanent hiatus because of it. Hbi2K's stuff is consitently entertaing as wel. (He did Berserk abrdiged, Gantz Abridged, and is now doing Escaflowne.)
    blah blah I'm a moralfag blah

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information