+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2492

Thread: It's the TeamFourStar Thread with DBZ Abridged and Pokemon things

Default Re: It's the TeamFourStar Thread with DBZ Abridged and Pokemon things

Geebus this is four hours long. Background noise I guess.

Also, just Kirrin and Grant, no Lani? This might be a terrible run.

EDIT: Literally the first 20 minutes are just them going over the rules, cripes. Yeah, this is gonna be bad with no Lani.
    Last edited by Robby; November 25th, 2019 at 07:28 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I've found it reasonably entertaining so far. The bike thing is funny for a minute but really shatters the pacing.

The whole thing is much more livestream-oriented than the usual 20 minutes clips. As long as you're aware of that going in, and that they're figuring stuff out along the way, it's fine.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

The highlights haven’t been half bad. So weird to see someone who actually likes Binacle.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The highlights haven’t been half bad. So weird to see someone who actually likes Binacle.
    Finally, someone on TFS who has actual taste.

I'm not a fan of how Grant isn't also going in blind like Kirran but I understand that he wants to play on his own file. And he tries to be the wacky one without Lani there and it doesn't work. The random yelling destroyed my ears once so there's that

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I'm not a fan of how Grant isn't also going in blind like Kirran but I understand that he wants to play on his own file. And he tries to be the wacky one without Lani there and it doesn't work. The random yelling destroyed my ears once so there's that
    Grant hasn't been blind on any of their previous Nuzlockes though, and he generally does a pretty good job of letting them make mistakes. He knew Altaria had Earthquake in the Emerald debacle, for instance, and let them march in anyway. Besides, it's useful to have someone who knows the obscure evolution requirements or not to fight the MurderBaker in Hammerlocke City the first time you can visit.

Not having Lani really changes the vibe up though. Wonder if he'll show up on some now that he's back in Texas?

Lord, that Growlithe encounter in the second stream. Definitely one of those moments where they ignored the obvious strategy from the start.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Grant hasn't been blind on any of their previous Nuzlockes though, and he generally does a pretty good job of letting them make mistakes. He knew Altaria had Earthquake in the Emerald debacle, for instance, and let them march in anyway. Besides, it's useful to have someone who knows the obscure evolution requirements or not to fight the MurderBaker in Hammerlocke City the first time you can visit.

Not having Lani really changes the vibe up though. Wonder if he'll show up on some now that he's back in Texas?
    Now that you mention it, I do faintly remember that Grant also played Sun/Moon separately as well. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now with Sword and Shield. The other games weren't new so it's not that big of a deal.

Oh yeah, the baker killed my whole team on the first try. But I think their team will be appropriately leveled. There might be a casualty or two if their Pokemon in front aren't good against fairies.

The rule against items in battle made the whole run way more interesting. Those last two streams got BLOODY.

That was extremely entertaining. If only they paid attention to Sap Sipper a bit earlier, 2 of their favorites could've been saved. Goodra was incredibly clutch at the end. And they put a fucking Assualt Vest on it! Charizard's best attack did like 1/6 of the damage it normally would because of the rain, typing, and Assault Vest. Plus Goodra has naturally absurd Special Defense. It's health barely moved at all lol.

Their levels were perfect to make the battle intense. And no healing was fun too. Though I would have found it fair to heal if the A.I. did it first.

They aparently didn't get enough views on the abridged versions, but no way I'm watching the full ones.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The abridged versions seemed like they focused entirely too much on things like Kirran and Grant goofing off instead of more important things.

Far as the deaths go, if you have a strategy that is working, you should really keep it going as long as it can.

Haven't started watching their plathrough yet, but I'm gonna go with the longer versions and it assuredly will be background noise, for the most part.

Eh, not too surprising. They've been drifting away from DBZA for a while to pursue other projects, which is probably all for the best.

I don't really care that much for the Buu saga anyway.

Their wnding for Cell really felt like the natural conclusion to the story they were telling so not surprising. Plus Buu felt too whacky to make a real parody.

Did the simpsons had a natural ending point they didnt take or did they just mean it went too long?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It was a fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Did the simpsons had a natural ending point they didnt take or did they just mean it went too long?
    Behind the Laughter (last episode of Season 11) may have been a good spot to end it or maybe even just let the Simpsons Movie be the finale. But no, there never was a natural definitive point they could have ended on. Pretty sure they just meant that it went on too long.

Not to go off topic.

Wow, I was expecting a Buu Saga season regardless, cause even Toriyama and I think Kai tried to stop at Cell only to contine so why no, so this came out of nowhere.

But regardless of that I'm at peace with it. It's been fun, and I have no real regrets with this series. It's kind of perfect.

Thanks Nobodyman. It's exactly what I was looking for.

The moment Krilin redeem all his ownage point you're done. Anything else is just epilogue.

I really had my doubts they'd ever really continue when the talk of using the Shortz to move forward came out; not just because it would have been a lot more additional work and expense to recreate large sections of the Buu Saga but because I really wasn't sold on the notion that doing so would let them sidestep legal problems like the fans and even TFS seemed to think.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information