+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 543 "Straw Hat & Black Beard" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 543 "Straw Hat & Black Beard" Discussion

Hannybal's touching speech? Haven't you all heard them before in variation from good guys? It's all the same.......... Seriously you guys, which side you are on? If this manga protagonist is Hannybal, then by all means, everything he does is touching. But sadly, he is NOT the LEAD character in One Piece. AMC is not what I created but it's a fact that no one wants to admit. Even for a storyline sake that Hannybal's speech about so much good comes out of ID. Are you all forgetting about the 3 headed judge that scream guilty without a proper trial? How the World Government and the marine flatten Ohara. How many of their marines ranks are CORRUPTED and are friends with pirates? How some of the shichibukai's have almost free reins to do anything they want? Have you all forgotten? I believe Hannybal is also selfish too by thinking everyone that comes into ID is EVIL and it is his MORAL OBLIGATION to keep this EVIL people under lock and chains. But how many of them are REALLY that EVIL and POWERFUL? Magellan took out a whole floor just like that. So, not ALL of them are as bad as Hannybal makes it sound. Yes, they are bad, but I doubt they are not at the level of Crocodile who planned to blow up 1mil ++ people....
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kljs View Post
    Hannybal's touching speech? Haven't you all heard them before in variation from good guys?
    Which is why hearing it from Hannyabal a supposedly bad guy is cool.

It's all the same.......... Seriously you guys, which side you are on?
    Because this is about picking and choosing sides, and not about what people find interesting about a character.

If this manga protagonist is Hannybal, then by all means, everything he does is touching.
    Genzo had a touching scene way back when he told Luffy to make sure Nami kept smiling. GENZO FOR CREWMATE.

But sadly, he is NOT the LEAD character in One Piece.
    Yes, it's upsetting for all of us.

AMC is not what I created but it's a fact that no one wants to admit.

Even for a storyline sake that Hannybal's speech about so much good comes out of ID. Are you all forgetting about the 3 headed judge that scream guilty without a proper trial?
    The jury are criminals that just want to bring those brought to trial down with them.

How many of their marines ranks are CORRUPTED and are friends with pirates?
    Look at how many AREN'T. Like Hannyabal.

How some of the shichibukai's have almost free reins to do anything they want? Have you all forgotten?
    Yes, I did forget when the Warlords became Impel Down officers and Marines and not the godawful nasty PIRATES that Hannyabal's talking about.

I believe Hannybal is also selfish too by thinking everyone that comes into ID is EVIL and it is his MORAL OBLIGATION to keep this EVIL people under lock and chains. But how many of them are REALLY that EVIL and POWERFUL?
    A shitload.

Magellan took out a whole floor just like that. So, not ALL of them are as bad as Hannybal makes it sound.
    It's already been proven through Luffy's (though brief) fight with him that Hannyabal's strong. But you think some normal person could face them? WHAT are they going to prison for if not for harming others?

Yes, they are bad, but I doubt they are not at the level of Crocodile who planned to blow up 1mil ++ people....
    So you should forgive those that kill only one person? What? Logic, where ...
    Last edited by dirt monkey AL; May 22nd, 2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: i miss creepy girl avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Kljs I think most of us admire his speach because he truely wants to help and save people. He probably doesn't realize at all how corrupt the WG and its trials are. So as far as he knows most of those goons should be there, and he feels responsible for keeping them in hell.

Yes Luffy is our main character, but he is a villian and from time to time he does take down the really honest to goodness people. Hannybal doesn't know Luffy, but if one didn't know him personaly, you would probably think he was evil due to the news papers. Hannybal just portraid something that we could all admire, kind of like Usopp vs almost any of his oppenents. They both believe in their cuase, weather its truely wrong or write it doesn't matter, cause they believe its for the greater good.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. Ŋ\_(ツ)_/Ŋ

Now that Shiryuu was becoming one of my favourite characters he doesn’t get to show off in this chapter at all. I wanted to see what he can do, but I’m confident he will have his time in the future, Oda wouldn’t introduce him for nothing.

Wait a minute, why is the title page story #12? Wasn't the CP9 story #10? Where's #11?

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Wait a minute, why is the title page story #12? Wasn't the CP9 story #10? Where's #11?
    It may just be muppets counting the recent crew pics as a story.

Am I the only one who noticed that the one who's chasing Sanji in the chapter cover looks like Iva-san?

Also, epic chapter is epic.

Seeing a heroic "villain" for once was surprising and a nice change of pace. ODa-sensei overdid it a bit with all the LUFFY VS. THIS GUY poses, but I guess it was necessary at the end, since Blackbeard and Luffy coming face to face again is a pretty massive deal in the greater scheme of things.

FTR, I was listening to "Delcaration of War" by Hadouken! and the song fit the mood of this arc perfectly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Also, it's a children's comic from Japan.

Why are you comparing it to cultural engravings and burritos.

Anyone found the transition between page 13 to 14 kinda.... weird... The pacing is silly.

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Loved the chapter. The cover story was funny, i like ivan's picture on the left wall, ha. Ivan changing into a woman to fight Sadi-chan was great. Hannybal's speech was a bit much to me only because he's been such a comic relief, but anyone who can stand a few 2nd gear blows from Luffy has my respect. With Blackbeard and Luffy meeting again and Luffy piecing together the events leading to this moment, so much is building, i just hope it's not a house of cards.
    Last edited by Zyordius; May 22nd, 2009 at 06:38 PM.

A Futue Bounty of 310mil Neomaster121's Avatar

this may very well be the thread of which i can claim sanctuary from the onslought which seems to be taking place
    im afraid to look inside a thread in fear it will be bashing me

Well its time for a prediction again

I predict BB will recruit Croc and mr 1 will follow him as they head down to level 6
    i still think bb is on the recruit and has shyuuri waiting at top for him

I belive as mag will arrive and luffy and jmbei will fight together against him
    Maybe this time we'll see a bit of haki from luffy

and should do from jembei
    Afterwards BB will come back to take luffy back with him to MHQ (as the only way to explain what he was doing in ID in the first place)

Luffy would be defeated and so will mag (bb would knock him out as mag argues or shyrruui would as payback knowing he's escaped)

while uncontious iva jembei and everyone else escape to head to MHQ

well thats the short term prediction

for the long term look into the spoiler thread
    http://neomaster121.mybrute.com
    Click above suprisingly addictive
    http://mybrute.com/team/107019
    join the team if your strong enough

maybe black beard knows about level 6 and wants some more team members

or he could see luffy as a threat

Quote Originally Posted by Neomaster121 View Post
    this may very well be the thread of which i can claim sanctuary from the onslought which seems to be taking place
    im afraid to look inside a thread in fear it will be bashing me

Well its time for a prediction again

I predict BB will recruit Croc and mr 1 will follow him as they head down to level 6
    i still think bb is on the recruit and has shyuuri waiting at top for him

I belive as mag will arrive and luffy and jmbei will fight together against him
    Maybe this time we'll see a bit of haki from luffy

and should do from jembei
    Afterwards BB will come back to take luffy back with him to MHQ (as the only way to explain what he was doing in ID in the first place)

Luffy would be defeated and so will mag (bb would knock him out as mag argues or shyrruui would as payback knowing he's escaped)

while uncontious iva jembei and everyone else escape to head to MHQ

well thats the short term prediction

for the long term look into the spoiler thread
    This post reminded me of one problem I've been having as of late.

Why are people assuming Blackbeard is afraid of the World Government? Yes, you can rationalize all the ways they could hurt him, but who says that they'll actually get the chance?

And I'll just leave it at that.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

since someone responded to him, and thus, I can read it (STOP THAT) I must tell you, Neolithic

don't worry

we bash you in here too
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

My prediction is this:

-Blackbeard will say that he isnīt here for Luffy because he promised to Ace not touching Luffy while Ace is alive.

I understand he thinks every pirate is bad, but in One Piece, pirate is a title not so much a lifestyle.
    Pirate is definitely a lifestyle of not following anyone else's rules.
    Luffy only shouts about the pirate's way of life every other chapter, dude.
    And the strawhats, so far, are the only pure hearted pirates in the series, so it's easy to see them as criminals. And I mean, they do dismember or critically injure hundreds to thousands of innocent Navy officers just doing what they're supposed to be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Also, it's a children's comic from Japan.

Why are you comparing it to cultural engravings and burritos.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: Chapter 543 "Straw Hat & Black Beard" Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Urian View Post
    My prediction is this:

-Blackbeard will say that he isnīt here for Luffy because he promised to Ace not touching Luffy while Ace is alive.
    When did he make that promise? Why would he make that promise? Even if he did make this promise that'd pretty much seal Ace's death in stone unless you think BB and Luffy will go the whole manga with never fighting lol.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I wonder if Blackbeard is throwing away his Shichibukai title now. Whitebeard's attack is definately going to be a turning point leading to the new era... Blackbeard has sat comfortably behind the WG after defeating Ace, and now he is seeing this opportunity to progress back to the New World and find One Piece. He may keep his title so hide himself further but there's commitment involved (meetings and stuff). That is one of the reasons I think Whitebeard will die, because every other pirate coming up, and especially the other three Yonkou, are in with a great chance of reaching the top.

Blackbeard has gone to Impel Down to meet Luffy. Not sure why this is, but I think that he was impressed with Luffy's spirit and wants to see more from him. Maybe he sees him as a future threat and plans to take him out. Blackbeard is a lot cleverer than he looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Exactly, which means that Luffy's Jet Gatling now should be even stronger then back then considering the growth in strenght. And yet, Hannyabal still didn't get knocked out.

Furthermore, we're talking about the guy who took out two Shichibukai and defeated the CP9s strongest fighter of all time. Just because Luffy is a rookie he isn't a nobody.
    What growth in strength?! Luffy hasn't recieved a significant power boost since then, other than the mysterious "implied level ups" I see people think of in this series...

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    What growth in strength?! Luffy hasn't recieved a significant power boost since then, other than the mysterious "implied level ups" I see people think of in this series...
    The crew grows in strength with every island they pass. Zoro refers to this in EL "as we've gone through each island, all of us have been slowly getting stronger, even if we don't realize it." So it does have a basis rooted in the manga. Just because he hasn't developed gear 4 for a significant power boost doesn't mean he hasn't gained at least some measure of strength from his fights. Even in real life his punches would be getting stronger.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information