Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: o.O Fansubs just died.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Default Re: o.O Fansubs just died.

Step 1: Learn Japanese.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: PROFIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Watch One Piece from funimation website! (100% working)

Quote Originally Posted by climhazard View Post
    so this basically means that we won't need subbing groups anymore?

And the same may be true for the manga soon too, this is pretty big news tbh...
    well they're 10 episodes behind so I'm still going to use fansubs until they catch up. but yeah, the fact that they are so close is pretty awesome.

why is there a third thread about this
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    This whole thing is pretty cut and dry as far as I'm concerned. When I started watching One Piece, the only reasonable method was to watch fansubs. And even after Funi got the license it was pointless to stop watching the fansubs because they were so far behind. There was only one option to keep up with One Piece and that was fansubs.

But now there's an alternative and that makes the choice between a release that doesn't help Funimation and one that does an easy one.

For years I have justified the morality of watching fansubs with "there isn't a legal alternative". To continue watching them now would make me nothing but a hypocrite. Now is the time to put up or shut up.

I appreciate K-F, ACD, That group that had a good run during the beginning of Water 7, Vegapunk, Instantz, and Yibis for all they've done but their time has passed. In two weeks One Piece fansubs will no longer be necessary.
    I agree with this. Once Funi starts subbing the new episodes I will no longer be using fansubs.

I actually think this is great news, I'm glad I can enjoy One Piece and support it at the same time.

this explains how to watch outside the U.S.

All of them have done this.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

This was the first with a method that actually rendered the videos watchable. The other methods involved large amounts of lag.

they're all the same thing because they've all been digressing to the same conversation

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    they're all the same thing because they've all been digressing to the same conversation
    This thread is pretty useful. It is the best and so far the only method for those odd 95% of the people not living in America, to get those subs. All the other threads explain this somewhere on the middle of page 13 where no one will find it later. And it's not the OPs fault that ppl can't stick with this topic.
    Last edited by m00n; May 20th, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
    Also... You're pretty much the only person I've ever seen claiming that the first FMA-anime's story was better than the manga's.
    There are a LOT of people like that. You don't hear about us often because the second we stick our necks into an FMA topic and say something, flames and trolls come from all sides.

I liked how Bones took the story a lot more seriously than the manga ever did. There were problems, but that didn't stop it from being entertaining.

For me, it is like how most people prefer the Japanese OP with the 4Kids dub. I'm the complete opposite but it's the same kind of relationship - Japan was a lot more serious, 4Kids slapstick/irreverent.

Quote Originally Posted by bugiipoppu View Post
    When I buy, I feel good not because I'm paying the author (because I know I'm not), but because I'm supporting the franchise. I'm saying, "Hey, I like One Piece." It's the same reason why I vote. So that I can be another number, and hopefully keep what I support afloat. Sure, I might be paying Funi or Toei or whichever company and not the artist, but hopefully that money will make them see One Piece (or whatever series, really) as still profitable, so there will be more anime and manga published, and more cool merchandise. =) That's what makes me feel good, not the manga-ka's salary.
    I'm cool with that.

I feel I'm supporting Oda by reading the manga online and saying good things about it. I don't have to define my fandom by consumerism.

I just don't like it when people talk down to those with different views.

Quote Originally Posted by bugiipoppu View Post
    XD Actually I don't really care about that as long as they are surviving well enough to keep producing. Sure, it's a bit cold-hearted, but I'm honest about my cold-hearted consumerism, at least. =P
    Power!
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Thanks a lot .. That was helpful ..

A little tip:

If you don't want to repeat steps 11 and 12 every time you watch an episode, you can go to Configuration and check: "Always On: Enable Modify Headers when the window/tab is closed" ..

I'm so thrilled about this! Not only Funimation's going to dub other episodes and upload them on their website, it'll be the most recent arc!

Too bad I only got to see the first ten minutes of episode 391 subbed.:(

Quote Originally Posted by "C" the Dragon View Post
    I

Too bad I only got to see the first ten minutes of episode 391 subbed.:(
    emm, why ? oO ..

It worked only one day for me and then not at all, i try a lot of times =(

is something wrong in my configuration?

I really want to see one piece 1 hour after japan BUT I RECEIVE ALWAYS THIS DAM MESSAGE

HELP PLEASE =(

you should check and the Always on tab in general

Default One Piece added to Hulu

As almost everyone knows by now, FUNimation will be doing simulcasts from Japan starting this week, and it subsequently license the stream to partner sites. [Source: ANN]

Yesterday the well known streaming site Hulu, posted its own One Piece page. The streams will have the option of displaying in 480p resolution (better quality than the original FUNimation streams). They will be released with a 1 week delay from the original airing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulu
    Availability Notes:
    Each Saturday, Hulu will add -- direct from Japan -- subtitled episodes of One Piece, one episode per week on a seven-day delay from its original Japanese airdate. We will also post 2 library episodes each week.

The dubbed version is not currently available to Hulu, but we will continue to pursue both dubbed and subtitled versions of anime.
    Currently Hulu's content is only offered within the US.
    Last edited by LordMelkor; May 25th, 2009 at 01:26 PM.

Default Re: One Piece added to Hulu

why is there another thread for this

i hope fansubs continue. the streams are bad quality and keep buffering every 3 seconds. i also enjoy fansubs for archiving purposes.

don't get me wrong, i don't mind watching the streams if it would honestly support one piece (recognition, money for oda, etc.) however, not everyone has enough money to purchase all the dvds. plus the dvds are horribly lagging behind and im paranoid funi might stop making them one day. hell they removed one piece from cartoon network didnt they? i think this series is the best ever made and id like to share them with my kids or relive the episodes when i grow up. hopefully well after the series is over, subbed episodes will be easy to come by, but if god forbids episodes become hard to find, id be really disappointed.

so to sum it up i hope fansubs continue because:

1. good quality
    2. dvds cost money (not really the most important issue)
    3. funi may stop making one piece dvds and then i cant archive....

but i also won't mind watching the streams if they support one piece because i want one piece to be recognized more internationally especially the us and indonesia (though idk if its too much to ask fore naruto-like popularity) and i want one piece to air again on cartoon network even the dubs suck (but not 4kids dubs plz). a dub on cartoon network will gain more one piece fans that will hopefully start watching the subs online.

Thanks! It really worked without a problem :D. But is there any danger with this Modify Header because my antivirus programm went crazy xD?
    Why not? Nothing to lose but my life... and I got that for free!

Default Re: One Piece added to Hulu

It's not a repeat, since Hulu is the first HD (albeit 480p) stream option announced. This serves as somewhat of a comfort to those who were complaining about the video quality of the original FUNi stream.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information