+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 198 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3942

Thread: Sai's Art Shoppe Pictures!

Default Re: Sai's Art Shoppe Pictures!

@Mette:
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by metteminne View Post
    why ? i mean its great , why not praise it?
    Advanced Art teachers are very strict when it comes to praise. The whole point of the class is to keep getting better, so the less praise you get, the harder you have to work for it. lol.

well maybe you should try one with both a happy and a sad bear to see what effect it gives , that would be interesting
    Eh, maybe next year. I've already got all 24 pieces I need for this year, and I'm painting one teacher's walls too. And the art teacher wants us to paint a mural. Lots a work~

i concluded that from her eyes and fingers -well the nails- and a bit of the form of herface, but seeing it as a boy should also work .
    Well, again, it works either way. Genderless probably works to my advantage, acutally. Haha~

well its awesome so you should be proud of it , and it indeed was a big succes
    Thank you<3

eyes can be so damn great , irl and in drawings~~
    I love drawing eyes, and I love coloring them, and I love painting them, and I love shading them~

absolutly no problem , hope we get more of this sort of works
    I don't know. Haha. This was one of my smallest pieces, and the rest are at school atm. lol. It barely fit into my scanner. I'll try though~ Glad you liked it so much~

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly View Post
    Aww the one with the teddy is real cute, but I agree the colours give it a bit of a sad feeling. As if the girl is seeking solace in the teddy. Nice work.
    Also need to lose a couple of words on your little comic! That was a damn nice read! You have the reaction shots down to a tee, making it very dynamic and generally fun! You should try your hand on comics more often! :) Keep it up!
    I wanted the teddy bear look sickeningly cute, haha. But yeah, that's the gyst of it. The piece is called 'Memories,' so you can interpret that as you wish. c:

lol 'little'? Thank you Lilly! Well, in reality, I draw comics for my school newspaper. So I think that helped me draw comics better. but maybe I'll draw them more, if I get some ideas. <3

Well, the only problems I see is the size of the mouth and the arm's color, but the rest is excellent, the colors match with the atmosphere and the paint brushes looks very good.
    Keep with the good wook Sai.

Yeah, the arm's color was annoying. It was hard to get a good match for it, so in the end I just went with the closest I could get so I wouldn't accidentily mess up the picture with my perfectionism.

Thank you!

WOW!!! That image is great!
    The image looks so sad, but very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCook View Post
    WOW!!! That image is great!
    The image looks so sad, but very well done.
    Thank you very much! <3 I'm glad you like it~

The eye is...too long. The rest seem okay, if she has really high cheekbones and very shape nose.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEA View Post
    The eye is...too long. The rest seem okay, if she has really high cheekbones and very shape nose.
    Well, I did do this quite a few months ago, haha. I've improved my anatomy since then. But the reason why her anatomy isn't all that, well, realistic was because, when I was painting her (and this was probably due to my inexpirience with painting people then, haha) I wasn't trying to make her realistic. I just wanted to make her emotions look real, and using colors to portray that. Do you get what I mean? x__x;

here's a pretty good comparison piece. I did that pic only a week or so ago.

Oh, I understand. Your coloring skill is pretty good. Why don't you try drawing older people?
    It is rare to see such expression in such a young age I guess.

I guess it's because I'm so used to drawing people who are in their early teens and late 20's. But, in the long run, I really should learn to draw people of vairying ages, huh?

... You know, I've been feeling like drawing OP for a while now. Maybe once I finish doing my chores for the day, I'll sketch a bit of Rayleigh or something. But for now, I've got to go peal potatos~

edit: What? Do you mean me? Or the pictures? o:
    Last edited by Sai-chan; April 24th, 2011 at 12:46 PM.

Well when drawing older folks, just remember the golden rule of thumb: more detail = older looking. Drawing more texture lines on people's faces gives the illusion of facial flaws, wrinkles, etc.

Also, agreeing with Sea that the teddy pic is good, but has some anatomy oopsies. The emotion conveyed through the colors is very well done, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

It's absolutely adorable, Sai~<3

I LOOOOVE the teddy bear so much <3<3<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    Well when drawing older folks, just remember the golden rule of thumb: more detail = older looking. Drawing more texture lines on people's faces gives the illusion of facial flaws, wrinkles, etc.

Also, agreeing with Sea that the teddy pic is good, but has some anatomy oopsies. The emotion conveyed through the colors is very well done, though.
    Haha, yeah, I learned that the hard way once. I was drawing with too much detail and ended up drawing 50 year olds, lol. Thanks for the advice, Shmeck~

Thank you! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenda_mint View Post
    It's absolutely adorable, Sai~<3

I LOOOOVE the teddy bear so much <3<3<3
    Thank you Moke~ <33 Painting the teddy bear was my favorite part, I think~

Hidden:

Inspired by the recent manga chapters~ I had the urge to draw a comparison pic. What do you guys think?

Poor Arlong. He's only pretending to be friendly and it's easy to see.

His human hatred isn't easily concealed. At least he's trying to pretend to be friendly? ... :|
    Last edited by Sai-chan; May 11th, 2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: God Arlong's face right there is creepy

Arlong's lookin' kinda rape-y, there...

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

... dammit all Shmeckie, way to make the pic seem even creepier than it was before. Dx lol

He's actually thinking/saying something along the lines of "My little sea charter, draw me some more of those spectacular maps for me, would you?" but that somehow makes it even worse than before... hgklsdghkal;ghlsa;

and Jinbie is just kinda being awkwardly nice.
    Last edited by Sai-chan; May 11th, 2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: I hate you Shmeckie... nah, not really

Oh, nice work Sai, I like it. And what a coincidence, because I was reading the Arlong saga some minutes ago. The flashback about Tiger remembers me of the good times of Arlong saga and all the connections you can do with almost all the fishmen characters in the manga.

I got out of the topic, but anyway, good pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post

Inspired by the recent manga chapters~ I had the urge to draw a comparison pic. What do you guys think?
    I laughed.
    Last edited by Chrissie; May 11th, 2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: I feel bad for laughing but... damn I can't help it! XD Arlong's face..
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Goronyanya~

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.G View Post
    Oh, nice work Sai, I like it. And what a coincidence, because I was reading the Arlong saga some minutes ago. The flashback about Tiger remembers me of the good times of Arlong saga and all the connections you can do with almost all the fishmen characters in the manga.

I got out of the topic, but anyway, good pic.
    I rewatched the Arlong saga like, two or three weeks ago, honestly. lol today I was comparing how Koala and Nami both ended up with fishman, but Nami ended up with the... less pleasent side of them. I wanted to show how different Jinbie and Arlong were to their respective human kid. I found it ironic that, out of all the fishman pirates, Arlong was the one who 'adopted' a human child, like a twisted, dark version of what Fisher Tiger did for Koala, only Tiger took Koala home while Arlong took Nami's 'home' (Bellemere / Kokoyashi Village) away from her.

Thank you! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    I laughed.
    ... DAMMIT CHRISSIE

You and Shmeckie have totally ruined the emotianal essense I was trying to convey in this picture! Now I can't help but giggle every time I see it! Dx
    Last edited by Sai-chan; May 11th, 2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information