+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Forced Listening Thread

Default Re: Forced Listening Thread

Whew! For a second there I thought I had killed this thread..........with David Bowie.

Hmm, Wagomu I'm starting to think that you and I just have very different tastes in music. It was okay. As a mostly intrumental piece, it had a good beat to it and it definitely established a dark and metallic atmosphere. It just went on too long for me though.

[youtube]ZgWvxNh5bSs&NR=1[/youtube]

John Giant

OK tune, not my kind of thing any more but still good, shame about the video though....

Im more into the DnB and dubstep scene so hears something ive been listening to

Also on the new dnb essentials cd by dj hype
    [youtube]pv1OtFFYrgk[/youtube]

i'm not lying when i say that it felt weird listening to that while in the library and in broad daylight too. sounds like a good song for dancing shindigs but not for leisurely listening, too repetitive for me but thats how most songs in that genre are.

this song has always been a favorite of mine. heard it randomly throughout the campus yesterday ha

[youtube]mzgjiPBCsss[/youtube]

What language is that? I could've sworn it was Spanish, but I heard some French in it too. Maybe it's just it sounds like Spanish. It's a pretty fun song, but it is a little repetitive. I guess it could be a good song to play around town, like you said you heard it on your campus.

[youtube]pG9e0TTBi0c[/youtube]
    And now for everyone's enjoyment, especially tigerlilly , some more Frank Sinatra!

Oh God, I love that song. Like many an anime fan, I'm used to the NGE version, but I think Sinatra sings it very well and adds his own jazzy element to it. Plus, you know, Frank Sinatra is DA MAN!

[YOUTUBE]AokmVO4rrRI[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kairouseki View Post
    What language is that? I could've sworn it was Spanish, but I heard some French in it too. Maybe it's just it sounds like Spanish. It's a pretty fun song, but it is a little repetitive. I guess it could be a good song to play around town, like you said you heard it on your campus.

[youtube]pG9e0TTBi0c[/youtube]
    And now for everyone's enjoyment, especially tigerlilly , some more Frank Sinatra!
    Yeah, it's spanish. It's like Japanese music having english words in some songs, or songs in spanish having words in english.

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

*Watched Nobodyman's Eiffel 65 video*

Oh man, I'm suddenly 15 again! XD I remember watching this video on The Hit List when it first came out. It's a catchy song even now, though horridly repetitive.

And is it weird that I find the video slightly creepy? Especially when all those aliens are waving thier hands in the concert.

Hmmm, I guess I'll go with this video, since he needs more recognition; introducing one of Canada's best kept secrets:

[youtube]6FznFcFHJvQ[/youtube]
    Last edited by Rebecky_Mo; April 23rd, 2009 at 07:21 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

[YOUTUBE]7zbYYKzTFeQ[/YOUTUBE]
    I fucking love these guys.
    Embedding disabled on previous video so I can't review it.

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moria View Post
    Embedding disabled on previous video so I can't review it.
    ....Of course it was. *facepalms*

Fixed the link to it in previous post. Feel free to watch it guys, even if you don't review/critique it. He really is quite good.

While the beat and guitar in the bg is awesome, it just didn't appeal to me. I don't know, maybe it was the 'Aaaaaah eeeeeey eyohehyohey' that didn't appeal to my fancies.

[youtube]YVyoDfdvCBM[/youtube]

best quality of the song and an awesome vid to boot
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

Wow! I really really really liked that song! (and an epic AMV to boot) I loved the sheer energy and awesome beat to it. This is the first song I've heard on this thread that I'm seriously considering downloading. E-type eh? Never heard of 'em, but I am intrigued.

[YOUTUBE]q5XVSkFFfqE[/YOUTUBE]

One of the only songs I can actually stand by green day, brings back so many memories from highschool. The drums in the song are really catchy. Videos insanly funny too.

[youtube]G3Mz-VmfHa4[/youtube]
    Countdown To Catch Up: Current Chapter 504 OH YEAH!

I always liked Porcupine Tree. Great modern prog. I like how the song evolves, slowly adding more instruments and, in a jazzy way, building around a riff and expanding from there. I liked how even after the problem there in the middle, they were able to dive back into the song. The break almost feels incorporated into it, as it feels like it never stopped. Good stuff and another reason why seeing stuff live is fun.

[youtube]xEVyDjxsUrk[/youtube]

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Oooo I love the creepy aspect of it :>

[youtube]IpE73PvU9bk[/youtube]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenda_mint View Post
    Oooo I love the creepy aspect of it :>

[youtube]IpE73PvU9bk[/youtube]
    First I was turned off by the very strong southern accent of the singer..But the lyrics made up for it, it was very touching and extremely sad. Don't think I can listen to it too often...However is shows you how important it is to act, and makes you a lot more aware of this problem...

I'll follow Yoska's steps and try to do something for the cultural diversity in this thread! Already posted a spanish song, so now it's French!
    It's a rap against Racism and Discrimination.
    [youtube]mppFev3Q9sM&feature=related[/youtube]

Next one will be German or even Hindu? xD

Being a French speaker, it was nice to be able to understand the lyrics. It was a bit annoying that the video turned the song on and off. The beat was pretty nice, though I didn't really like the voice of the rapper. The vocalization was nice, but I couldn't get into the voice. The video kind of hindered the experience, so I couldn't get a really full feel of the song. It built up pretty well, but I think that without the on/off in the video that it might have felt a bit dry after a while. Occasionally, the rapper came off a bit emotionless. Not bad, not good.

[youtube]GVNmnp0aXZ8[/youtube]

You should have known the Swedish metal song would be next :).

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Hidden:
    [youtube]GVNmnp0aXZ8[/youtube]

You should have known the Swedish metal song would be next :).
    Well, I listen to a little bit of Metal, so I generally like the style, but my biggest hindrance is the vocals. This wasn't bad -- to my preference, I mean -- but I probably wouldn't listen to it much on my own. I particularly liked the multi-layered vocals. How many vocalists are there? I heard three/four different singers, but I presume it was only two of them? Any metal or hard song with a violin/chello in it already catches my interest, but it sounded more like a guitar solo than a stringed instrument like a violin. Loved the middle of the song when the guy was shouting on the shore. Overall, I liked the song, but the vocals aren't really my thing.

[youtube]Q-VZQjZZf68[/youtube]

As Cities Burn - Admission: Regret; Was listening to this on the way home and I thought I would force (more) people to listen to it. Not sure if you will be able to understand the lyrics, so I will link them here if you care to read. Most of -- if not all -- of their lyrics are pretty good, in my opinion, and worth reading. I couldn't find a live performance good enough to link and there is no music video for this song. It's from 05' and the lead singer has changed, so yeah. Either way, enjoy. Or don't. Whichever.

Hmm, not really keen on the whole screaming thing, but it certainly was an exhilirating song. And yeah, I couldn't understand a word they were saying, so I checked the lyrics and I gotta say, lyric-wise, it seems like a very profound. Heck, if the style and genre changed I could even see this being a slow, mellow, love song. Maybe.

[youtube]8bprdqpwDWc[/youtube]

pop-punky song. To much reverb and delay on the vocals for me but nice to listen too. Not to difficult, easy lyrics. Typpical sing a long of that time. very standard but still became quite a big hit in the charts. Not heavy enough for real punk and to teenage jumpy for my own taste but a nice listen nontheless

[youtube]eXIGCl5-tkk[/youtube]

Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Buddy Guy's always been one of my favorite blues musicians. I've been meaning to pick that album up for a long time. Sounds like the riff from ZZ Top's "La Grange". Love his voice, though the guitar seemed a tad inconsistent at certain points. On the other hand, it goes along with the lyrics, which is pretty cool, whether or not he intended it. His blues voice, though, is enough to carry the song I think it would sound better at the end of an album.

[youtube]s_OBAL5tnTo[/youtube]

Try to ignore that it ends a bit suddenly, since it goes into the next song on the album from there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information