+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Forced Listening Thread

Default Re: Forced Listening Thread

I can never really get into pop stuff. This song, though, was okay. Not overdone like a lot of stuff in the genre is, though it did feel pretty generic. The fact that it wasn't completely reliant on any manufactured beats like many artists in the genre are is also a plus. They actually tried a bit and had a short guitar solo, too, though nothing special.

[youtube]QEtBou3bLss[/youtube]

Double Melvins Midnight Madness! (Though it's one song)

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

wel...I couldn't really get into the song, and the video was very strange. But the trombone solo was pretty neat, cuz I just started playing the trombone a week ago and would love to learn how to make those weird noises.

[youtube]CiMCqTQ4jjc[/youtube]

I thought of putting the superior live version here, but then realized that it would be a chore to listen to the whole thing for those who don't like it.
    NNID: julsjacket

I was going to let someone else do this, but it's been quite a while.

I always loved the feel of this song. It is a bit repetitive, but it really has a nice upbeat sound to it dressed in a completely 60s feel with hints of psychedelia which are especially present in the solo. I do like how it stops after the solo and picks back up, making a nice and unexpected transition, keeping to song fresh. It's not Cream's best, but it's still Cream and it's still fun.

[youtube]1aAdYpv7zE4[/youtube]

Hmm, not my favorite genre of music, and it wasn't a great song IMO. It seemed kind of montonous, but it also had a good rhythm to it. I think it's good if you're into that kind of music.

[YOUTUBE]M6A5W37BVeI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Once again it's been a long enough time and I want to keep this going.

I don't really listen to Barry Manilow unless someone else is playing his stuff. That's more for reasons of never getting around to buying his stuff. A classic song, though. The lyrical matters cheesy but he does make it work and gives it a beautiful sound. About halfway through, though, it starts getting a bit overdone. I think the song conveys its emotions much better with simplicity that trying to build upon it until it becomes grand. That kind of ruins the song for me. The beginning is nice, though.

[youtube]z4qYCqBNs6Y[/youtube]

I feel hardcore when I listen to the guitar-parts of this! I especially liked the Chorus and that high instrument (keyboard I think) had a nice melody.
    The leadsinger sounds a little bit extrem, but I guess that's the point? ^^
    Those indian-esque female voices in the chorus gave it a nice touch, aswell.

But the passage at 3:44 made me laugh. Psychedelic as hell!
    That part was so random and different to the rest but somehow it fit in just too well LOL

Because I can't think of something better, it's time for something very catchy now! Listen to only loud!
    [youtube]bGyFV7Ifnm0[/youtube]

I need a serious review of this one!

LOL. A serious review? That may be a little hard. Well, for what it was it was really good. Very very funny and it did have a damn catchy tune. A bit short, but then again most songs like this are. So yeah, real good and I wouldn't mind listening to it again. And as long as we're doing funny songs, lets do one that's funny AND long.

[youtube]SZsIQk7o-p0[/youtube]

Lol, its allright. xD

[youtube]jma0Rjdcmgc[/youtube]

You need to give more full comments before you post. Otherwise, you could make random comments without listening.

^For whatever reason I have always liked it when a drummer does the singing. Nice big sounds. A song I would like the see live. Preferably a small gig in some dirty warehouse without any fancy light show.

I will stick with my line up:
    [youtube]cztvudOgtgc[/youtube]

I really liked it, it's a nice simple song and i like the mix of her voice and foreign lyrics.
    (I liked the food fight in the car too lol)

Mine is a song by the Finnish band Uniklubi, i found them when i went snowboarding in Finland and decided to buy a couple of random CDs from a supermarket. Now i'm addicted to em :)

Enjoy!

[youtube]-5CNSjy4rxk[/youtube]
    Last edited by climhazard; April 14th, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

I do like the Scadinavian languages and hearing them in song is always cool. The song behind the vocals, though, was pretty generic. If I switched out the vocals for american ones, I wouldn't be able to distinguish it from other pop songs. THe vocals, though, are definitely strong. That guy can sing pretty well and has a nice voice to boot.

[youtube]V6nX0mGv7-4[/youtube]

Gotta say, that was pretty solid. A pretty kickass beat and it put me in a...lets say "rockin'" mood. Really, the instrumentals were just awesome.

[YOUTUBE]CMWA9Gj_IUE[/YOUTUBE]

Very nice song. It was incredibly catchy and the beat had me tapping my feet . From the name I was expecting something else.

[youtube]_27TGdbLdj8[/youtube]
    One of my favorite songs by Billy Joel. Sorry about the length; there've been longer videos in this thread, though.

And I have a request . If you post a song with a foreign title, could you post a translation of the title? Please?

Good song. I know Billy Joel is a good singer and this song is certainly proof of that. I like how the song kind of changes rhythm and tone throughout it. It didn't wow me, but it was still a nice song.

[YOUTUBE]7aDUowcBeHQ[/YOUTUBE]

I like the beat, but the lyrics are too repetitive.

[youtube]KUXGVfmrEN4[/youtube]

Hmm, I normally don't like french music (wait, it ís french, right? o_o) But the first singer a beautiful voice, it sounds low and raw, I like that. A bit like the french version of Mark Lanegan.

[youtube]ZO7ZWfvCjBE[/youtube]

Not a big Arcade Fire fan, though it's nice to expose myself to music I don't normally listen to. I can't say I was too into the song. I think a lot of the good stuff in indie music is done through isolated sounds, buildup and contrast and this song really didn't have much of that. The main 'riff' wasn't really interesting or emotional enough to keep going on for as long as it did. Boring in my opinion, sorry.

[youtube]eZiB66BraPo[/youtube]

I doubt anyone will like this, but it's the opening track from my favorite album of '08

Wow, that scared the crap out of me lol. It's okay. I like like the low part more than the harder one though. Vocals aren't that bad~ I would love it if the hard part wouldn't be in it.

[youtube]7WXdnPSSFww[/youtube]
    Time for some post-rock.

It had a pretty nice beat, but it having no lyrics kind of turned me off of it. Do all songs in that genre have no lyrics?

[youtube]bAWojREqyXk[/youtube]
    That's right. Frank Sinatra .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information