+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

Default Re: Resident Evil 6 will mark a reboot for the series

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    RE1 and 2 were all about story. I wouldn't argue that they had some huge overarching goal in mind but they linked them in interesting ways that made the story entertaining and mysterious.

RE2 sits next to FF6 and Chrono Trigger in the waiting line for 'Games that need to be remade with modern graphic design'.
    I absolutely agree.

Capcom needs to remake RE2. The game has aged incredibly well and it still freaks me out today.

The story was not extremely complex. However, it was the idea of suriving that made the story. The game was a tribute to classic horror movies like Halloween, Alien, and Psycho. These movies played with the camera angle to create fear, helpless characters and powerful enemies. You were alone most of the time.

People complaining about the cameras did not know it was on purpose. The lack of control creates fear.

In the remake, they could add lighting effects or places and surprises.

Resident evil 3 remake is deserved. The nemesis was scary as hell. A great tribute to terminator and Michael Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post

People complaining about the cameras did not know it was on purpose. The lack of control creates fear.
    No it doesn't .

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    No they don't .
    It depends if you know the game by heart.

Honetsly yes because I had to use my hears to my full extent to figure out if an enemy was hiding on a corner.

I admit sometimes it can be annoying.

[youtube]oaZ_HhH8jz0[/youtube]
    Xplay used to be awesome.

If by remake you mean wii-make Resident Evil Archives: 0, and 1. Then we can probably expect a wii-lease of the 2nd and 3rd sometime in the future.

Honestly, while I loved 4 and 5, it's the slower paced aspect of the older games combined with the story that made me love it. Though I did like the new take on zombies being a parasite and what not, and can't wait to hear what new take on zombies will be in the 6th one.

A lot of people complained about Resident evil 4 and 5 not being a true zombie game(and I know it's not guaranteed that it will always be a zombie series), just because they were controlled by a parasite, rather than being undead and re-risen from a virus. But, the term Zombie never actually had to be undead in the first place. So, any take on it could be a great outcome in the end; be it virus, parasite, possession, rage(28 series) etc.

Honestly, I'd like to see a voodoo/hoodoo type of zombie-like-horror series.(booo, I know)
    Last edited by DartG; February 12th, 2010 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairouseki View Post
    [youtube]oaZ_HhH8jz0[/youtube]
    Xplay used to be awesome.
    LOL. Good memories of playing Resident evil.

Capcom games are for hardcore people. To defeat some enemies I tend to use the best place to defeat them or run away. Being smart.

These people are not game designers. They do not know how to create fear.

A hard is not necessarily a bad game.

Devil May cry 3 was a hard game but I noticed they always make sure that you will see the enemy attack.

This is why I love Capcom.

Honestly the bad angle freaked me out.

Honestly, I'd like to see a voodoo/hoodoo type of zombie-like-horror series.(booo, I know)
    Resident Haiti

too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by DanialG View Post
    If by remake you mean wii-make Resident Evil Archives: 0, and 1. Then we can probably expect a wii-lease of the 2nd and 3rd sometime in the future.

Honestly, while I loved 4 and 5, it's the slower paced aspect of the older games combined with the story that made me love it. Though I did like the new take on zombies being a parasite and what not, and can't wait to hear what new take on zombies will be in the 6th one.

A lot of people complained about Resident evil 4 and 5 not being a true zombie game(and I know it's not guaranteed that it will always be a zombie series), just because they were controlled by a parasite, rather than being undead and re-risen from a virus. But, the term Zombie never actually had to be undead in the first place. So, any take on it could be a great outcome in the end; be it virus, parasite, possession, rage(28 series) etc.

I understand that Capcom had to innovate with 4. It was still a great experience. I was happy to see Ada Wong and leon. Ada is so stuyish with her red dress.

I think it is a good time for Capcom to go back to the roots. It worked for Street Fighter 4 why not resident evil ?

^ Because it's not as fun?

^ Because it's not as fun?

It seems that critics gave a good review to RE5 but they tolerated it this time because RE4 was such a great game.

If capcom redo the exact dissapointment of RE5. The critics are gonna take down the game wihtout problems this time.

RE5 is not scary at all. it is more an action game than a survival horror now.

Capcom needs to rethink their strategy or else RE6 will be a failure.

The serie was known for being scary not for the action. If you want to have more fun play an FPS

It has been like almost 10 years without a classic resident evil.

A remake of Resident evil 2 will reboot the serie's reputation. The game still freaks me out more than RE5 despite it's bad graphics and fixed camera. The game's strenght was its atmosphere and the lack of control makes you imagine stuff and I had to use my hears at the full extent and be very careful.

The difficulty is what make the game unique and fun.

When it is too easy and action. It is not scary anymore.

The cameras is what created tensions and some of the angles were tribute to horror movies.

The nemesis was a tribute to Terminator and Michael Myers. The developers knew how to scare the player.

If there is too much action it turns into devil may cry. Boy, RE5 cutscenes looked more like dmc scenes than horror movies full of cheesy lines. YES RE1 english dub was horrible but now the US has a lot of great english voice actor but someone needs to write a good story.

It seems that critics gave a good review to RE5 but they tolerated it this time because RE4 was such a great game.
    There wasn't anything majorly wrong with RE5 except the dodgy co-op AI and short length So I really don't see what would've make most reviewers score the game lower than they did 4.

Capcom needs to rethink their strategy or else RE6 will be a failure.
    In order for 6 to fail Capcom would really have to go out of their way to make the game suck legitmately and with the recent failure of Dark Void I'm pretty sure Capcom doesn't want that.

A remake of Resident evil 2 will reboot the serie's reputation.
    It doesn't need help to it's reputation since people still like the series.

Besides reboots are risky as is.

Resident Haiti

too soon?
    One of the weapons you get is an earthquake machine.

There wasn't anything majorly wrong with RE5 except the dodgy co-op AI and short length So I really don't see what would've make most reviewers score the game lower than they did 4.

In order for 6 to fail Capcom would really have to go out of their way to make the game suck legitmately and with the recent failure of Dark Void I'm pretty sure Capcom doesn't want that.

It doesn't need help to it's reputation since people still like the series.

Besides reboots are risky as is.
    RE5 was a fun game but i felel the serie lost its soul.

According to a reliable video critic magazine, they said that the game was surpassed by other games already.

From my point of view, the game lacks charm, something that makes it unforgettable.

I mean that if Capcom does another Resident evil 5. The reviews and reputaton of the serie will take a serious blow.

Instead of making the horrible rail gun games on WII. They should remake RE2. It is in my opinion, the scariest Resident evil ever. One of the contradictions of RE5 marketing was that they promote fear but it is not scary anymore.

Fear is what made the Resident evil serie popular.

Resident evil rebirth was a failure because Capcom signed an exclusive contract with Nintendo. However, the game was a financial failure and the other other remakes project were cut. If it was on PS2, the game would have been a total success because there were a lot of PS2 owners around the world and new gamers.

For example, you are expecting to see a horror movie not an action film. You feel betrayed.

Capcom has already screwed Devil May cry 2. one of their major serie. Capcom had to think carefully on how to make up for DMC2. The genius idea was to go back to the roots of DMC1 and make the game even more cooler and insane. You got DMC3 who marked Dante's true return.

Gztting back to the roots was a success formula for Street fighter serie and Devil May cry. Resident evil serie will benefit greatly.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Wouldn't mind seeing another RE Outbreak games with RE4 mechanics. That would be something.
    (And I don't mean "They did, it was RE5 deal, to me that was just a prototype. I mean a real honest attempt at an another RE Outbreak game. PS2 wasn't a good enough powerhouse to do online stuff but with these current console. There no reason for it not to work).
    Last edited by Retro; February 13th, 2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing another RE Outbreak games with RE4 mechanics. That would be something.
    (And I don't mean "They did, it was RE5 deal, to me that was just a prototype. I mean a real honest attempt at an another RE Outbreak game. PS2 wasn't a good enough powerhouse to do online stuff but with these current console. There no reason for it not to work).
    I remember that Europe did not have the online version. They were pissed.

Outbreak was not scary.

it lacked the precalculate 3d of the old school resident evil.

Resident evil rebirth was on 3D precalculate as well. However, the game was scary as well. Some of the camera angles were breath taking.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

I remember that Europe did not have the online version. They were pissed.

Outbreak was not scary.

it lacked the precalculate 3d of the old school resident evil.

Resident evil rebirth was on 3D precalculate as well. However, the game was scary as well. Some of the camera angles were breath taking.
    Indeed they went all out for that one. I remember one scene in the cemetary when the camrea pull all the way out on ya. I actually thought it was a cutscene before I realized I was still moving the characters.

Man piss on Capcom for not giving the same treatment to 2 and 3.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Indeed they went all out for that one. I remember one scene in the cemetary when the camrea pull all the way out on ya. I actually thought it was a cutscene before I realized I was still moving the characters.

Man piss on Capcom for not giving the same treatment to 2 and 3.
    I guess they were not satisfied with the sales of RE rebirth and 0 on the Game cube.

If i was the chief accountant of Capcom. I would have said make a remake 1,2 and 3 on the Playstation 2 which had made video games popular to every kind of persons. Not on the game cube Besides, there were new gamers who did not discover the original resident evil.

God it was scary as hell.

I remember walking up the stairs and the camera switched to a high angle. It reminded me instantly of the privated detective's death in Psycho. I was expecting a monster to come out of the door a la Norman Bates.

I'm inclined to agree with Sanji that camera angles and 'different' (for the first two games at least) control was a huge part of the thrill.

By the 3rd most of us had gotten used to tank controls thanks to the challenges implemented by Capcom themselves (if you don't master them there's no way in hell you're beating the game in 3 hours) but after that wore off, so did some of RE's scares.

I think the tank and static BG system worked in their favor at the beginning and I would STILL love to have a few more games like that, but they did need to mix it up a bit to give gamers something a little bit different.

RE4 was a WHOLE lot different.

It's not a bad game.

Not by a long-shot.

To date it's still one of the most unique game experiences I've EVER had and I love it.

But...it's not RE. The scale is too big and spectacular. NOT A BAD THING, it just feels like a different series. Same with 5.

Hopefully the add-on will provide us with some of that old feeling.

I'm inclined to agree with Sanji that camera angles and 'different' (for the first two games at least) control was a huge part of the thrill.

By the 3rd most of us had gotten used to tank controls thanks to the challenges implemented by Capcom themselves (if you don't master them there's no way in hell you're beating the game in 3 hours) but after that wore off, so did some of RE's scares.

I think the tank and static BG system worked in their favor at the beginning and I would STILL love to have a few more games like that, but they did need to mix it up a bit to give gamers something a little bit different.

RE4 was a WHOLE lot different.

It's not a bad game.

Not by a long-shot.

To date it's still one of the most unique game experiences I've EVER had and I love it.

But...it's not RE. The scale is too big and spectacular. NOT A BAD THING, it just feels like a different series. Same with 5.

Hopefully the add-on will provide us with some of that old feeling.
    I think Resident evil 3 was good but not as scary as RE2. The game was not as dark as and there were more lights and more action.

However, Capcom has decided to put the Nemesis to challenge the veteran of the serie. I fell in love with the idea. It was a dream come true for me because you felt the thrill of an inivincible killing machine as strong and determined as Mke myers and the terminator Scharzeneger who was chasing you hard. At that time, I did not even want to mess with him. His theme still freaks me out. He could come out anywhere and anytime. The feeling of a permanent danger.

I think Capcom really got inspired by terminator and Halloween. Jill Valentine had an alternate outfit in Rebirth that looked like Sarah Connor's outfift.

I loved when you owned the nemesis in a room and when you get out and you come back in the same place. He is not here anymore. It instantly reminded me of the end of the first halloween when Loomis shot Micheal and he checks the window and Myers is noot here anymore. I got the chills at that moment. i realized the Nemesis was not gonna give up one second. He was as harcore as Michael Myers.

Resident evil 4 was really good. There were still a lot of tribute to horror movies but it kinda went too much away from the origins. I guess Capcom had to change the serie completely to attract the players for a new experience.

I am hoping they will remake at least 2. So far, going back to the root was a major success for Capcom with 2 of their best franchises.

Devil may cry of course. After the failure of DMC2. Capcom had to think twice befor making a sequel. The genius idea was to got back to the roots of DMC1 and make the game even more insane and action pack stylish. Voila ! You have DMC3 that marked the return of the wild Dante with crazy gameplay and uber stylish. I loved the game ! The game was well received by fans. Jackpot !

The other serie is Street Fighter. 10 years after SF3 third strike. Capcom has decide to go back to the roots with SF2 gameplay and bring back the best characters of SF2 and alpha. Voila ! The serie is back and the fighting genre was resurected.

Resident evil seems to be in the same delicate situation. SO far getting back to the origins was a succes.

I guess they were not satisfied with the sales of RE rebirth and 0 on the Game cube.

If i was the chief accountant of Capcom. I would have said make a remake 1,2 and 3 on the Playstation 2 which had made video games popular to every kind of persons. Not on the game cube Besides, there were new gamers who did not discover the original resident evil.
    All things considered they had 3 tries to do that 4 if you count the DS game.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information