+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Default Re: Resident Evil 6 will mark a reboot for the series

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    It was about the story at least that's what I think.
    It was until RE:Zero came out, then they said fuck it. As far as story in RE:5, they totally screwed over Wesker(and Jill, she should have been chris's partner) as a legit bad ass. The ending should have been that Wesker succeeded in releasing Uroboros and infecting the entire earth then RE:6 could have been about the global war against the infected. I just want a return to zombies at least in the next one.

If the whole world would become infected it'd just be an interactive zombie film with no story possible after i- OOOOOOOOH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyordius View Post
    It was until RE:Zero came out, then they said fuck it. As far as story in RE:5, they totally screwed over Wesker
    What by killing him and preventing his goal of infecting the entire planet with the Uroboros virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyordius View Post
    The ending should have been that Wesker succeeded in releasing Uroboros and infecting the entire earth then RE:6 could have been about the global war against the infected.
    If you want a game to end with the heroes failing their main objective leading to a post apocalyptic story for the sequel you go right ahead and ask for it, not everybody else wants it. Besides if you want post apocalyptic undertones feel free to go watch Extinction.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 7th, 2009 at 06:07 PM.

RE1 and 2 were all about story. I wouldn't argue that they had some huge overarching goal in mind but they linked them in interesting ways that made the story entertaining and mysterious.

RE2 sits next to FF6 and Chrono Trigger in the waiting line for 'Games that need to be remade with modern graphic design'.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    RE2 sits next to FF6 and Chrono Trigger in the waiting line for 'Games that need to be remade with modern graphic design'.
    Still can't figure why Capcom felt the need to port the original game to Gamecube seriously why?

I felt the whole "wesker got screwed" is more of a character flaw.

Up until 5, Wesker was always behind the scenes, scheming, planning, and double crossing. Everyone was waiting for what he was going to pull out of his sleeve. He was always a shadow in the back of most every game since the first. The Wesker files were great.. and his character was surprisingly interesting. Even AFTER he got his matrix powers, he was still a captivating villain (at least as captivating as RE can get)

And in the end, Capcom just turned him into a stereotypical bad guy. Complete with grudge against main character (which boarders on near obsessive), evil-world dominating-mass slaughter plan. Hatred of humanity. Crummy one liners. The cliche of telling enemies his plans and leaving them alive when he could easily kill the shit out of them. And I know it's just a game... but there is seriously a moment near the end of the game where he thrusts a pistol into Chris's face, has him dead to rights, and proceeds to TALK. (No, I didn't want Chris to die... but at least make it look like the fucker is trying!!) (although the moon-sault head-twist he does when you fail a quick time was pretty badass)

That's where I think he got "screwed over"

And honestly, a RE where the world is infested with zombie, parasite, gannado, manjini (take your pick) like things sounds pretty cool to me.

I mean seriously... how many more "We've stumbled onto some kind of evil corporation/conspiracy that makes bio-weapons" plots will it take to completely sink this franchise?

A reboot sounds nice. Let's hope there's a good deal of thought put into it.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Still can't figure why Capcom felt the need to port the original game to Gamecube seriously why?
    It wasn't a port, it was a total remake. And it was spectacular.

So why not?

(What I'd like to know is why they didn't do the same with RE2 and 3, which ended up being flat-out ports)

I was referring to the RE2 port when I wrote that not the RE1 remake.

My bad.

the fact that RE2 hasn't received the same treatment as the RE1 remake is just fucking baffling to me.

Last I checked, Capcom likes gigantic piles of money

Oh, they'll remake them. They're just chillaxin' on the cash they're getting from the Wii chronicles and ports right now.

the fact that RE2 hasn't received the same treatment as the RE1 remake is just fucking baffling to me.

Last I checked, Capcom likes gigantic piles of money
    Same reason SE sits on Chrono Trigger as if in a daze.

"What? You want a game? Everyone who's played a video game wants this game? Huh? This one? The one I'm sitting on? This one here? You mean Bushido Blade? No? Oh, you mean Final Fantasy Tactics for the umpteenth time? No? Crystal Chronicles? No? Final Fantasy 7? No? The 7th port of Final Fantasy 1? No?? Well which one guys you gotta be more specific DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR."

Shit or get off the pot.

^Kojima actually said that he'd love to remake Metal Gear Solid 1 as opposed to Metal Gear 1 or 2 and never mind the fact that you have Twin Snakes which I know many people including you don't like too much Greg but he's too busy doing god knows what.

Twin Snakes I'm not severely opposed to.

I think that Kitamura fucked up the action. That's about it. It was cool when Snake was getting shot and damaged and stumbling as opposed to....flipping off of missiles.

Other than that, I think it's a good remake.

Is darkside chronicles a sequel or remake of RE2?
    NNID: julsjacket

Both, and neither. No, I'm not playing head games. It just is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Twin Snakes I'm not severely opposed to.

I think that Kitamura fucked up the action. That's about it. It was cool when Snake was getting shot and damaged and stumbling as opposed to....flipping off of missiles.

Other than that, I think it's a good remake.
    The action was nifty at first... but once you realized it was completely out of character for everyone (with the exception of the ninja), it was sorta ruined.

And the Twin Snakes fucked up a great soundtrack. I was pissed..

it was fun, but the original experience just wasn't there

Snake kicks a missle.

Sounds like I shouldn't spend my money on TS and just stick to the original I got with the MGS bundle. I'm gonna play this series eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Sounds like I shouldn't spend my money on TS and just stick to the original I got with the MGS bundle. I'm gonna play this series eventually.
    Its still worth experiencing at least once.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information