+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

Default Re: Resident Evil 6 will mark a reboot for the series

Quote Originally Posted by evil monkey View Post
    well it's about time for a change.
    RE5 feels exactly like RE4, only with better graphics.
    And yet like I've been saying to myself for the last few days no one bitched about 2,3,0 & CV doing the exact same thing.
    So now all of a sudden it's a bad thing for a RE game to play and look too similar to a recent predecessor.

Hypocrisy Get
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; March 18th, 2009 at 10:44 PM.

Discovered Stowaway evil monkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    And yet like I've been saying to myself for the last few days no one bitched about 2,3,0 & CV doing the exact same thing.
    So now all of a sudden it's a bad thing for a RE game to play and look too similar to a recent predecessor.

Hypocrisy Get
    i didn't say a game shouldn't be faithful to the formula of its predecessors, it's a good game but most of the time you get that feeling of "deja vu" and then it gets really boring.
    they should have added at least a few other things.
    Last edited by evil monkey; March 19th, 2009 at 12:59 AM.

Not trying to single you out but still

No one can say "RE5 is exactly like RE4 with better graphics".

I would not mind that if the people doing that weren't pretty much excusing the earlier games being guilty of the same shit.

Hell the games even end the same.

i.e. - Shit getting blown up.

That alone should make some of these guys go and think a little bit harder before they decide to just up and complain about RE5 being too much like RE4.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Again I am so sorry for that.

What crack are you smoking?

Nobody made more fucked up zombies than Resident Evil. Plant zombie? Check! Insane zombie with super speed? Check! Creature with fucked up tongue? Check! Zombies capable of stretching their body? Check! Zombies made of fucking leeches? FUCKING CHECK, THOSE THINGS WERE MESSED UP! All of the above (except the plant zombie) were super fast! Zombies were just the generic obstacle that stood in your way. When a Hunter/Licker/Crimson Head/Tyrant/etc were coming your way, you were running and screaming like fuck!

If you want something stranger than Resident Evil, go buy/rent Parasite Eve 1 or 2.

If you want something scarier than Resident Evil, go play Silent Hill or Fatal Frame (or FEAR if either of those games are 'too slow').

You have no reason to bitch, because all classic Resident Evil fans have been waiting for their classic zombies to return. Many of us (including me) enjoy the new concept of zombies, but we haven't had a classic Resident Evil since Outbreak, and hardly ANYONE played that! We're most likely never going to get a classic RE. (What would be nice is if they gave online back for REOutbreak, it's not like they need to watch the server!)

I'm fine with the story alteration. I'm fine with new fighting concepts. But don't bitch about one of the greatest inventions of horror history.

Rant over. I apologize if I were too harsh.
    Ok well I just said that cause if this game is supposed to be a reboot to the story what does that say to you? To me it says no more Zombies cause they were created from the T-Virus. Plus the zombies were a mistake the T-virus wasn't intentionally created to produce zombies it was inteded to do something else. Im just saying that since the reboot in the story has nothing to do with the original story line that says to me well no more Umbrella so if it's like that why would any of the viruses that Umbrella created return as well? Cause Umbrella is gone along with all their viruses plus why didn't zombies return in 5? Probably cause Wesker wanted an army that would follow orders and were more intelligent than zombies were that's why he wanted the plagas to begin with so he could have something smarter and that would follow his orders and be under his control. Now I just said what I said before because it doesn't make sence why zombies would return since everyone who could be a future antagonist probably knows the downside to using the T-virus and wouldn't want regular zombies at least because they don't follow orders and lack intelligence. That being said if someone were to just make a game with lets say advanced versions of the crimson heads then I'd be like awesome I myself think they're cool. The only creature I have a problem with is just the normal regular zombies. But the point is I don't see them returning unless someone got a hold of the T-virus which is probably gone since the government eradicated racoon city and destroyed all the zombies. So how the hell are zombies gonna return if they were eradicated? Not unless they didn't die and survived but survivng a nuclear blast is impossible even for Wesker himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldearing88 View Post
    Ok well I just said that cause if this game is supposed to be a reboot to the story what does that say to you? To me it says no more Zombies cause they were created from the T-Virus. Plus the zombies were a mistake the T-virus wasn't intentionally created to produce zombies it was inteded to do something else. Im just saying that since the reboot in the story has nothing to do with the original story line that says to me well no more Umbrella so if it's like that why would any of the viruses that Umbrella created return as well? Cause Umbrella is gone along with all their viruses plus why didn't zombies return in 5? Probably cause Wesker wanted an army that would follow orders and were more intelligent than zombies were that's why he wanted the plagas to begin with so he could have something smarter and that would follow his orders and be under his control. Now I just said what I said before because it doesn't make sence why zombies would return since everyone who could be a future antagonist probably knows the downside to using the T-virus and wouldn't want regular zombies at least because they don't follow orders and lack intelligence. That being said if someone were to just make a game with lets say advanced versions of the crimson heads then I'd be like awesome I myself think they're cool. The only creature I have a problem with is just the normal regular zombies. But the point is I don't see them returning unless someone got a hold of the T-virus which is probably gone since the government eradicated racoon city and destroyed all the zombies. So how the hell are zombies gonna return if they were eradicated? Not unless they didn't die and survived but survivng a nuclear blast is impossible even for Wesker himself.
    Perhaps the reboot means an entire reboot in the story. Kind of like an alternate dimension. A timeline where the T-Virus never happened. They've done this before:

MegamanX - Plays the same, but completely different storyline and characters (with the exception Light).

Silent Hill - Every chapter has had a different story, except 3 being a sequal of 1 and Origins being a prequal to 1. The only thing that remains the same otherwise is Silent Hill and some of the creatures itself.

Final Fantasy - 85% of the games existing hold no relation to each other. If they do, it's a cross over, a sequal, or a connection held over time (Tactics, Tactics Advance, FFXII).

Fire Emblem - Not only does this follow the same concept as Final Fantasy, the hundreds of characters you met in the last game, you'll never see them again.... Unless the chapter gets a sequel, which only two in the series ever have.

It doesn't have to be the T-Virus. It doesn't even have to be a virus.

This series was made for zombies, and if it branches away from zombies, fans are going to be far more outraged than the information given now. I'd rather have all the characters of Resident Evil die in a fire then lose zombies in the series (FYI, I count Los Ganados and the RE5 villagers as zombies, even though many say otherwise).

Perhaps the reboot means an entire reboot in the story. Kind of like an alternate dimension. A timeline where the T-Virus never happened.
    There are too many loose ends in the story to just end it. Will it have a new direction? That I don't doubt. But there's still so much left.

When I hear the word "reboot" I think of a game something along line of the new Prince of Persia.

Perhaps the reboot means an entire reboot in the story. Kind of like an alternate dimension. A timeline where the T-Virus never happened. They've done this before:

MegamanX - Plays the same, but completely different storyline and characters (with the exception Light).

Silent Hill - Every chapter has had a different story, except 3 being a sequal of 1 and Origins being a prequal to 1. The only thing that remains the same otherwise is Silent Hill and some of the creatures itself.

Final Fantasy - 85% of the games existing hold no relation to each other. If they do, it's a cross over, a sequal, or a connection held over time (Tactics, Tactics Advance, FFXII).

Fire Emblem - Not only does this follow the same concept as Final Fantasy, the hundreds of characters you met in the last game, you'll never see them again.... Unless the chapter gets a sequel, which only two in the series ever have.

It doesn't have to be the T-Virus. It doesn't even have to be a virus.

This series was made for zombies, and if it branches away from zombies, fans are going to be far more outraged than the information given now. I'd rather have all the characters of Resident Evil die in a fire then lose zombies in the series (FYI, I count Los Ganados and the RE5 villagers as zombies, even though many say otherwise).
    Im just confused as to why Ganados and Majini are so much worse than zombies? If the creators wanna change their story from zombies to human looking plague controlled hosts then they have every damn right to do so. I don't understand why everyone loves zombies so much more when I myself love enemies to be tougher and almost as intelligent as the player is and that's why Im so confused as to why you'd rather have a slow moving moaning thing that than a human based enemy that carries a knife, a pitch fork or a machine gun? I mean what really is so scary about zombies as to ganado's and majini? You mean to tell me a person controlled by the plagas can't be scary at all just based off their looks? Just help me understand this and I'll stop asking.

Im just confused as to why Ganados and Majini are so much worse than zombies? If the creators wanna change their story from zombies to human looking plague controlled hosts then they have every damn right to do so. I don't understand why everyone loves zombies so much more when I myself love enemies to be tougher and almost as intelligent as the player is and that's why Im so confused as to why you'd rather have a slow moving moaning thing that than a human based enemy that carries a knife, a pitch fork or a machine gun? I mean what really is so scary about zombies as to ganado's and majini? You mean to tell me a person controlled by the plagas can't be scary at all just based off their looks? Just help me understand this and I'll stop asking.
    That's other people's opinion. I like the Ganados and Majini (so that's what they are called, cool name!).

I don't think people have issues with Resident Evil and scare factor. That is because Resident Evil hasn't had a real scare factor for a long time. Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 2 were somewhat scary when we were all kids, but that was because we were all young.

Resident Evil Remake was scary as hell because they remade the mansion from RE1 to look disturbing as hell. The zombies were actually pretty frightening looking too. And don't get me start on Crimson Heads! I would pray that one of those things wouldn't appear in every room I stepped in.

Resident Evil 0 was almost as scary as Remake. The main reason was because it had a zombie made of leeches that wouldn't die unless you set it on fire. Also, the thing scared the crap about me several times. And yes, you would fight it several times. In fact, I think there was a time you fought more than one.

But that's it. Resident Evil has never been about fear. It's been "here's a gun, get through the dozens of obstacles and puzzles we've placed in front of you". It's never been about KILLING the zombies, until RE4 (which I loved RE4, but the truth is the truth). Resident Evil was about survival, ammo conservation, wise decisions, plotting your every move, and inventory management.

However, the Ganados killed that. You HAVE to kill majority of them, ammo (though it can run low fast) isn't impossible to run by, and there is a lot less planning involved. I just miss running from hallway to hallway screaming because I'm dodging zombies left and right.

The issue isn't "It's not a zombie!" The issue is what the zombies gave. Resident Evil wasn't "KILL ALL ZOMBIES", it was "find a way to survive". And that's slowly dying, as games like that don't exist anymore.

Well sucks for us people who had some slight hope that they would atleast try to wrap up all the loose ends. But hey when they reinvented themselves last time they made magic with Resident evil 4.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Well sucks for us people who had some slight hope that they would atleast try to wrap up all the loose ends. But hey when they reinvented themselves last time they made magic with Resident evil 4.
    Agreed.

It would have been nice if they pulled a Fire Emblem and gave an ending with everyone.

Barry went home to his family and had himself a ham sandwhich. He was upset when he didn't find Jill in it.

We have way too many characters in lingo. We haven't seen what has happened to Rebecca since RE1. And what happened to Sherry. Is Billy dead? Does Hunk have a greater purpose besides mini-games?

Massive Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    With Wesker dead, who does Ada work for now? Did she rekindle her romance with Leon? Is anything interesting going to happen with Claire?

See I never entirely understood the Bawwww over Ganados/Majini's replacing zombies especially when the former are more of a legitimate threat since they can dodge bullets,follow you practically anywhere,use weapons, and attack you in groups. And now with the arrival of Left 4 Dead,Dead Space, and the Conduit? all of a sudden everybody expects Capcom to jump on the bandwagon gameplay/atmosphere wise or get left behind. Even when people are still buying into the series.

I don't think people have issues with Resident Evil and scare factor. That is because Resident Evil hasn't had a real scare factor for a long time. Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 2 were somewhat scary when we were all kids, but that was because we were all young.
    Thank you Thank you Thank You Thank you.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; March 19th, 2009 at 09:46 AM.

I would welcome another Weskers report, Find out what happend to some and get the downlow on exactly what Weskers been doing betwenn games. May just be fan fluff but i love it when they flesh out the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    And slightly shitified.

Don't get me wrong. It's a fucking fun game. But when I think about ALL the cool shit that happened in 4, it just doesn't compare.

Take the tiny shit, like treasures for instance.

I was playing with Gekko and he was like, "So can I combine any of the jewels to make better treasure?", and at first I thought, "Huh...why would you want to do that?" Then I remembered that in 4 you could make like fuckin' SUPER TREASURE by combining different shit.

I mean it's stuff like that. Really.

I dunno why it took so long. Graphics are SUPERB but they really took away a LOT of fun stuff instead of improving on it, and that's not cool.
    I was thinking the same thing. While RE 5 is a great, awesome game (mostly due to co-op), RE 4 will always be a better game IMO.

To show my point i'll compare it to say... Metal Gear 4. Sure that is a wonderful game. But unlike Solid thru Snake Eater, the locations kinda just fly by and don't really give the player much time to become immersed in their environment. This was done wonderfully in the three different environments in RE 4. The village, Castle, and Base were all MASSIVE and eased the player into each one very smoothly (with the exception of the base, since you just rode a boat to get there). This lets the player take in their environment and start feeling something towards it. Even though it wasn't scary... Leon was basically about to take on a hellish gauntlet. In RE 5, with all the locations you zip through, it feels like you could just call for a helicopter and fly out of there to lunch any time you wanted. Leon didn't have such a luxury, which made RE 4 more of an eerie, dire setting. RE 5 has the players going to more than twice the amount of areas you did in 4. The Marshlands can be completed in around 10 minutes! That gave me not much time to really care about my surroundings.

As much as I love the Majini, the ganados were more intense. When I arrived at the castle, upgraded my guns and got ready to shoot some people.. boy was i surprised when I came across the creepy, cloaked, chanting, cultists. Don't get me wrong, the tribal majini are INTENSE to fight. they are the most advanced Las Plagas to face.. they dodge bullets, hop to their feet from lying flat on the ground, can lunge at you... and are QUICK. Yeah i know about the A-K wielding military majini, but they are easy. However... the tribal enemies just don't unsettle my aim as much as a bunch of mindlessly chanting cultists.

The bosses in 4 are superior as well. Think about how awesome the battles were with say... Village chief Mendez in a burning barn and fighting Salazar's right hand man in a cramped tunnel area with weapons that are like mosquito bites to him. Now compare them to a fight with.. ummm.. i dunno, Uroboros-Excella... or boring, stationary machine gun shooter with an el-gigante. It doesn't even come close.

And my last fanboy gripe would have to be Wesker. I loved him in EVERY other Resident Evil he's been involved in. He was this questionable villain who operated from the shadows and schemed behind the scenes. I knew he had to take center stage as the main villain eventually, but in RE 5, he just became generic and uninteresting.

Spoiler:
    "I'm not destroying the world, I'M SAVING IT!!"

Now don't take this rant as me not liking RE 5. Far from it, this game is wonderful. It's just my feelings comparing it to number 4. On the flip-side, I do like the plot of 5 better than 4. That being since it addresses the series story much more and the plot is about hunting down bio-terrorists rather than something lame like "save the president's daughter".

I'd personally love to see a RE 6 that plays like this and improves the formula even more. But it's good to see Capcom thinking of new things
    Last edited by Gekko135; March 19th, 2009 at 11:52 AM.

Spoiler:
    So Wesker is finally dead, huh?

You know, now there's a small albeit very tiny chance that we get to play a first RE game with real zombies .

In the end of the day, I don't think uncomplete plot threads really matter. Plenty of games, and stories, never explains everything. And that's perfectly fine.

That's other people's opinion. I like the Ganados and Majini (so that's what they are called, cool name!).

Resident Evil Remake was scary as hell because they remade the mansion from RE1 to look disturbing as hell. The zombies were actually pretty frightening looking too. And don't get me start on Crimson Heads! I would pray that one of those things wouldn't appear in every room I stepped in.

Resident Evil 0 was almost as scary as Remake. The main reason was because it had a zombie made of leeches that wouldn't die unless you set it on fire. Also, the thing scared the crap about me several times. And yes, you would fight it several times. In fact, I think there was a time you fought more than one.

But that's it. Resident Evil has never been about fear. It's been "here's a gun, get through the dozens of obstacles and puzzles we've placed in front of you". It's never been about KILLING the zombies, until RE4 (which I loved RE4, but the truth is the truth). Resident Evil was about survival, ammo conservation, wise decisions, plotting your every move, and inventory management.

However, the Ganados killed that. You HAVE to kill majority of them, ammo (though it can run low fast) isn't impossible to run by, and there is a lot less planning involved. I just miss running from hallway to hallway screaming because I'm dodging zombies left and right.

The issue isn't "It's not a zombie!" The issue is what the zombies gave. Resident Evil wasn't "KILL ALL ZOMBIES", it was "find a way to survive". And that's slowly dying, as games like that don't exist anymore.
    I liked 4 and five the best cause while they were coming at you you were having a hard enough time trying to aim your weapon to their heads while they were dodging. zombies aren't like that and wouldn't have the intelligence to do so which is why I myself liked ganodos and Majini alot better cause while your'e trying to aim they're attacking you with weapons and ducking while also cornering you which is more scary to me than a zombie. I get scared of people coming at me with weapons not groaning corpses just wanting to bite me. It would have been better if the ganodos and majini all had guns though from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Thank you Thank you Thank You Thank you.
    No need. Tis only the truth.

I liked 4 and five the best cause while they were coming at you you were having a hard enough time trying to aim your weapon to their heads while they were dodging. zombies aren't like that and wouldn't have the intelligence to do so which is why I myself liked ganodos and Majini alot better cause while your'e trying to aim they're attacking you with weapons and ducking while also cornering you which is more scary to me than a zombie. I get scared of people coming at me with weapons not groaning corpses just wanting to bite me. It would have been better if the ganodos and majini all had guns though from beginning to end.
    If that's what you want, play TimeSlitters. No, TimeSplitters isn't anything like Halo. Yes, it's a FPS, but it allows you to play stages (and CREATE stages) that include zombies who use guns.

I'd suggest TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. Believe me, it's far better than Gears of War or Halo, and I like those two (mostly Gears though). It's for the PS2 though.

The main reason people are peaved is because we're never going to have a classic Resident Evil style game...ever again. So we get screwed out of this. If Capcom could just make classic RE and modern RE easily, then fewer complaints would exist.

A lot of people are going through this. Nintendo fans are losing their love for Nintendo because they are paying more attention to casual gamers.

With Capcom giving the Megaman fans Megaman 9, I would think they'd pay attention to past RE fans. I guess I was wrong.

Rebecca needs to come back.

No need. Tis only the truth.

If that's what you want, play TimeSlitters. No, TimeSplitters isn't anything like Halo. Yes, it's a FPS, but it allows you to play stages (and CREATE stages) that include zombies who use guns.

I'd suggest TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. Believe me, it's far better than Gears of War or Halo, and I like those two (mostly Gears though). It's for the PS2 though.

The main reason people are peaved is because we're never going to have a classic Resident Evil style game...ever again. So we get screwed out of this. If Capcom could just make classic RE and modern RE easily, then fewer complaints would exist.

A lot of people are going through this. Nintendo fans are losing their love for Nintendo because they are paying more attention to casual gamers.

With Capcom giving the Megaman fans Megaman 9, I would think they'd pay attention to past RE fans. I guess I was wrong.
    I have yet to recieve an explanation as to what you think is so cooler about zombies than ganados? Am I the only one who thinks fighting zombies is like killin undead retards?

I have yet to recieve an explanation as to what you think is so cooler about zombies than ganados? Am I the only one who thinks fighting zombies is like killin undead retards?
    Wow. Have you been reading my posts?

Not once have I said: "Zombies are cooler than Ganados". The reason why I PREFER zombies is because I prefer the gameplay WITH zombies.

Before, Resident Evil wasn't about "kill all zombies", it was about survival.

When a bunch of zombie dogs busted through the windows, the instinct is to run like a madman.

If you had been playing the entire Resident Evil series BEFORE RE4 by killing everything you saw, I'm sorry but you were playing it wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information