+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Missing Side Arc Images

Default Missing Side Arc Images

The images for Side Arcs 2-5 are missing... (http://www.arlongpark.net/Manga/Arcs/Side_Story_2 , etc)

Also it seems a bit outdated...

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Default Re: Missing Side Arc Images

I'm sure the site staff at aware of that.

You're free to help sort it out if you want.

If they're aware of it, how come no one is doing anything? Not that I'm judging anyone.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Most likely because it isn't the only thing regarding the site that needs attention. The staff who maintain it also do it in their own time for free so it isn't always their top priority in life.

Understood. Though I wonder... why are they maintaining a wiki? The One Piece Wikia has pretty much everything you need to know about the manga/anime.

Seems to me that nothing but the front page has been updated in years... since at least 2006 (considering the last update on the first post here)...

Nice job AP.

Well, it's no secret the site is a shambles and desperately needs a top to bottom overhaul and to move far away from the quasi-wiki format as possible.

Soooo yeah, having some cover arc stuff missing is the LEAST of its many problems at the present.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Arlongpark.net is a shithole. Everyone knows that.

Try www.onepiece.wikia.com where we update faster then Arlongpark.net(I'm not saying this to pull people from AP.net, just giving out a site that would update faster)
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Wikia has no quality control, which make it only a step above Wikipedia in terms of reliability and factual accuracy. AP.net still boasts the best researchers and editors available, it's just we're very busy people. The amount of effort spent on a single article page is equivalent to 1,000 posts on apforums, easy.

I've always felt one of the biggest barriers to getting the forums in shape is the coding and structure. One needs a Rosetta Stone to learn how to wire the main site, which not only takes a lot of time in itself but also demands time to piece everything together. I think the structure has been the biggest motivation-killer for all of our former editors, but Cinder has worked her hardest to make the best of it and we value her hard work and dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky View Post
    Well, it's no secret the site is a shambles and desperately needs a top to bottom overhaul and to move far away from the quasi-wiki format as possible.
    Our primary focus has been merely getting the content on the pages, with the look to come later by someone with a cosmetic touch and a knowledge of code under his/her belt to fashion the raw clay into a fine ceramic statue.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of hurdles to simply get content up there. One of them is interest in OP...many of the editors I feel don't have the same undying love they once had of the series. Taken personally, OP hasn't really entertained me much since Thriller Bark, and before that not since Skypiea.

While there is no shortage of people on the forum with "the fire", most of them lack the ability to put a meaningful sentence together and also lack the dedication to string those sentences into passages and entries.

They'd much rather do something like...bash 4Kids for the millionth time rather than get an intangible satisfaction from writing a summary passage on a manga chapter.

IMV though, we already have enough capable writers. What we need for positions are:

1. A RAW provider / scanner / cleaner.
    2. A colourer.
    3. Someone who is Japanese-fluent.

I think these positions will help fill the gaps in our ranks, and maybe we'll be able to set up some steel beams on the mainsite.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    The amount of effort spent on a single article page is equivalent to 1,000 posts on apforums, easy.
    Very true. Very true.

We need AP to have a decent site because right now all we have is the One Piece Wikia, and the people who run it aren't above making things up.

they call Sanji's "Fighting style" "Red Leg" even though NOWHERE in ANY Manga chapter or Databook does it fefer to it as such, nor does anywhere say that Zeff actually taught him some kind of Formal Style, even though the wikia presents it as such.

Yellow refers to his attacks as "Black Leg's attacks" (Black Leg not referring to a style, just calling Sanji by his Wanted Poster name)
    But do the One Piece wikia people care? I bet not, they only care about making up their own Fanon research.

It ALSO says "The Clima-Tact is named after "Tempus" which means "Weather" and "Kenpo" which is a Fighting Style"
    WRONG. Tempus means "Time", not "Weather", and ODA'S ALREADY TOLD US it means "Weather" in Italian.
    Way to go making Stuff up One Piece Wikia, way to go.

@Malintex: I have scans of the entire series Raw, I can color well, and I know Japanese.
    I sortof own my own Scanlation/Fansub group...
    If you guys need help, I'd gladly give it
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

If there's anything I could do, I'd be glad to help out.
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

Yeah, I'll toss my hat into the ring as well. All I require is someone to go over my stuff to avoid any sort of bias/false information. Demon Rin has a pretty good point concerning the wikia, but then again we all know one of the main editors there. ^o^

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

I would welcome any assistance. Please PM Cinder a writing sample and we'll run any applicant through the approval process.

Since you're a former editor SK I don't think another application will be necessary. Just send a message to Cinder that you want back in. I think at least we can do something about your lack of a coloured name.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I suppose that if someone discovers something that is wrong on the site he can also send a pm to cinder? Or can he posts the suggestion here?

I see no problem with posting it here. If it is something that only Cinder can take care off the rest of us can let her know.

i would be more than glad to offer my help in the concerning matters.
    "Wasn't the Internet made for scanlations in the first place?"- Simon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    We need AP to have a decent site because right now all we have is the One Piece Wikia, and the people who run it aren't above making things up.

they call Sanji's "Fighting style" "Red Leg" even though NOWHERE in ANY Manga chapter or Databook does it fefer to it as such, nor does anywhere say that Zeff actually taught him some kind of Formal Style, even though the wikia presents it as such.

Yellow refers to his attacks as "Black Leg's attacks" (Black Leg not referring to a style, just calling Sanji by his Wanted Poster name)
    But do the One Piece wikia people care? I bet not, they only care about making up their own Fanon research.

It ALSO says "The Clima-Tact is named after "Tempus" which means "Weather" and "Kenpo" which is a Fighting Style"
    WRONG. Tempus means "Time", not "Weather", and ODA'S ALREADY TOLD US it means "Weather" in Italian.
    Way to go making Stuff up One Piece Wikia, way to go.

@Malintex: I have scans of the entire series Raw, I can color well, and I know Japanese.
    I sortof own my own Scanlation/Fansub group...
    If you guys need help, I'd gladly give it
    Why don't you go and fix it? It's an free site for everyone to edit.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

But why are those "mistakes" there in the first place?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information