+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Are You Watching? (Live-Action Edition)

Default What Are You Watching? (Live-Action Edition)

What live-action TV shows (and I guess movies) are you watching and what do you think of them?

Right now I'm in the middle of my first viewing of Community and just finished the first season. Yeah, this show is really solid, as I expected, though I'm not sure I'm prepared to call it one of the best or funniest comedy shows ever. Right now, it's a solid 8/10 for me.

The finale for season one though. Yeah, wow, wasn't expecting that.

Default Re: What Are You Watching? (Live-Action Edition)

#sixseasonsandamovie
    I love Community... It picks up after the first until the gas-leak-year but its solid through the end. You´re gonna have loads of fun watching ;)

I for myself started Superstore - not sure if I keep it up though; hasn´t clicked yet

I'm a huge fan of DC comics and tired already of marvel, marvel here marvel that marvel marvel

my hero academia quiz
    Last edited by wingnix; April 23rd, 2021 at 12:54 AM.

Been watching the live action Teen Titans series that came out a while ago, much better than the trailers made it look.
    Not normally a big fan of reinvented characters but I'm loving sassy 70's themed Starfire compared to the usual goofy alien princess one.

I'm looking forward to Better Call Saul season 6 but I don't think that's releasing any time soon.

I've been watching Person of Interest. It's good. It's really, really good. The overarching plot is interesting and well crafted, the main characters are enjoyable, and Michael Emerson steals every scene he's in. But overall I'm glad that shows these days have done away with the case-of-the-week, 24-episodes-per-season format. Less episodes allow for a tighter, much more consistent storytelling. If only this show could've been in this "modern" format, I think it would've worked in its favour. But I'm still enjoying it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I'm looking forward to Better Call Saul season 6 but I don't think that's releasing any time soon.
    They just started filming like a month ago. AMC has announced that a release date is likely to be in the first quarter of 2022. I'm excited for it, too.

Felt like watching some movies lately, and have had several I'd been planning to watch for a while now.

Wavelength
    Hidden:
    The concept of this seems interesting but in reality it's kind of boring. That and the video and audio quality are pretty terrible. You can hardly understand what few lines there are in the movies. Maybe that was intentional (it makes the part of the movie that has Strawberry Fields Forever playing pretty creepy because it's so distorted) but I didn't particularly like it. I was honestly expecting something pretty different. It doesn't help that there's only really 3 "events" in the movie so there's a lot of dead space that's just more camera zooming with different filters and a constant buzzing for the soundtrack.

Man With a Movie Camera
    Hidden:
    I was also expecting something somewhat different with this but not in a bad way. It's honestly a pretty impressive movie for 1929. I've heard it's the first movie to use some now common directing/film techniques but I've seen some in earlier movies so I'm not sure how true it is. But it must have been a nightmare to edit the movie when having to physically cut and paste film. There's even a segment or two in the movie showing the editing of the movie. And there's several shots that would have been pretty dangerous, like lying down between train tracks and filming while the train goes over you. What's weird too is that there's actually 2 men with movie cameras, not just one, and at times they're filming each other, but at other times one guy is filming the other guy who is also filming something. The soundtrack that I watched the movie with, which is apparently the least common one, is infectious. The night after I watched the movie the soundtrack showed up in my dream.

Häxan
    Hidden:
    This movie was basically a documentary about witchcraft and a large portion of it shows how the accusation and then judging parts of the inquisition went (including several of the torture methods and the ways that the judges explained away things). It had some cool visuals and the information was pretty interesting. The last part of the movie though tries to tie what happened during the inquisition and witchcraft in general to the "modern" (in this case 1921) world and it's hard to tell if it's being serious with what it says about hysteria or if it's criticizing that concept. Basically it says that a lot of the actions women were accused of during the inquisition would be explained in 1921 as hysteria, which if it's serious, gives a kind of an annoying outdatedness to an otherwise pretty good movie.

I watched the fan recut of the Super Mario Bros movie.

It was still bad but I enjoyed the mostly practical effects.

Iam in the middle of Money Heist second season and it´s pretty good.
    Always some neat twists and turns and a solid cast (mostly)
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Finished season 4 of Community. Not terrible, but yeah, kinda weak as a lot of people have said. On the surface everything seems fine, but Dan Harmon really did bring a special something to the show that just wasn't there. Also, it was kind of sad seeing Chevy Chase steadily written out of the show (although Pierce always was the worst character). There were a few highlights though, like the puppet episode. But man that season finale was so weak.

It'll be interesting to see where things go in the fifth season since, you know, everyone graduated.

EDIT: Jonathan Banks is our Pierce replacement. Hell yes.

-About to finish the second season of Lupin. Not really related to the anime character, other than having a base in the original French novels. It's pretty good, a lot of the same kind of ideas as the other Lupin (heists, taking down worse people by being clever and thinking a few steps ahead, etc.)

-Still trying to catch up with Schitt's Creek, it's our in-between show. Everyone starts this show and asks "does it get better?" and yes, it does.

- Loki. Either you're watching it too or you aren't going to.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Well, it's been a heck of a journey, but I finally finished up Community.

Seasons 5 and 6 were good, but by the time we hit season 6 we'd lost about half the original cast, and I think that was a bit too much. Pierce was one thing (he was always the worst character), but losing Shirley and especially Troy really caused some of the magic to be lost. But kudos to the show for staying as good as it did in spite of that.

Jonathan Banks and Keith David were good replacements, but I never really got Frankie's character. And whereas Craig got better and better over time, it feels like they really didn't know what to do with Chang after season 4 (I think the show even admitted as much). And I wish John Oliver could've been a more regular character, but at least we got him back for Season 5.

So yeah, really fun ride over all. Three fantastic seasons, one mediocre one, and two good ones. Not a bad run. And I heard recently that Harmon is working on a Community movies, so here's hoping.

I'm watching movies on completely free TV channels here: lista iptv 2021 grátis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information