+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 322 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Katekyo Hitman REBORN! Discussion

Ya Can't Ignore My Techno! Shinagamithe3rd's Avatar

Default Katekyo Hitman REBORN! Discussion

This is probobly my favorite series in Weekly Jump right now next to One Piece and Bobobo. The story is so original compared to some of the other manga in JUMP. It's about a boy named Tsunayoshi who has been chosen to become the worlds greatest mob boss and has to be trained by a small baby-like assasin from Italy named Reborn. Hilarity ensues whenever Reborn begins shooting Tsunayoshi with something called the "Rebirth Bullet", which kills a person and then brings them back to life as a stronger version of himself. Very surreal and yet very interesting too. I recommend it for any manga fan looking for a new good manga. It deserves a good read. Anyone else here fans of REBORN?
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

I also Like this manga. But its so hard to get the scans for it( I only know one group that scans it.). But I like the fact that an little baby is a hitman for the mob.
    Damekko Doubutsu in a nutshell
    "the unicorn drinks, the rabbit smokes, the male bear is gay, the wolf is a wimp, the cheetah is retarded, the dolphin can't swim, the eagle is near blind... how can you not enjoy this show."-Anonymous

That fact alone makes it prime shitter material. Baby hitmen...what will they come up with next?
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

Sly_Jakgc

That sounds...interesting. Could you please give me a link to some scans?

heres the link to the first 2 chapters, really would like to see the rest of the vol of be scan but it havent been scan.
    "the unicorn drinks, the rabbit smokes, the male bear is gay, the wolf is a wimp, the cheetah is retarded, the dolphin can't swim, the eagle is near blind... how can you not enjoy this show."-Anonymous

Right Click

Very interesting, nothing i've ever seen before... but babies as hitmen...

Hey Shinagami were do you get your Hitman REBORN! fix? Also is reborn going to be in the new Jump game for the DS?

Sly_Jakgc

Originally posted by Borlz@Jun 14 2005, 06:45 PM
    heres the link to the first 2 chapters, really would like to see the rest of the vol of be scan but it havent been scan.
    [snapback]70058[/snapback]
    Thank you very much...
    It is pretty good and I'll get the new chapters as they come

Originally posted by Borlz@Jun 17 2005, 05:28 PM
    Hey Shinagami were do you get your Hitman REBORN! fix? Also is reborn going to be in the new Jump game for the DS?
    [snapback]71926[/snapback]

I read it in Weekly Jump (Got a subscription from Sasuga Books.com) but i'd ratherread it scanlated. My japanese isn't the best in the world. Yes, REBORN and Tsunayoshi are going to be in Jump Super Stars. Tsuna's going to be playable and REBORN is going to be a support charchter.
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

I read it in Weekly Jump (Got a subscription from Sasuga Books.com) but i'd ratherread it scanlated. My japanese isn't the best in the world. Yes, REBORN and Tsunayoshi are going to be in Jump Super Stars. Tsuna's going to be playable and REBORN is going to be a support charchter.
    [snapback]72286[/snapback]
    Cool now am going to get the game, How much is your subcription and do you get it evey week?

Here is the costs on sasugabooks.com for Weekly JUMP:

Single Issue: $5.05
    3 Month Subcription (12 Issues): $106.80
    6 Month Subscription (24 Issues): $203.05
    1 Year Subscription (51 Issues plus Summer and Winter Special Issues and The New Artist One Shots Issue): $395. 50

Yes, pretty expenive I know but thats because the Shipping and Handling from japan (It's air mailed). Each issue racks up to about 450-500 pages of manga, anime news, game news, and toy news. Each issue also has a one shot from a different artist in them too. I usually get them weekly but when I get them, for some reason it's the one from the week before. (Go figure). If your strapped for cash I'd go with getting the three month subscription but if you've got $400spare lying aroung get the yearly one. I did and it burnt a hole in my wallet.

Here's the page:
    Sasuga Japanese Bookstore
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

Right Click

Sasuga is great and it's actually a great deal for the subsrciption but the upfront payment is too much for me.

this place has 2 chapters too....here

EDIT: Shinigami the 3rd- Sasuga books works in America, therefore it takes a week for them to get it to them and then a week to get to you, therefore it is the issue from last week.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Eh? Why is it so much more expensive in subscriptions?
    Aren't there deals for that sort of thing?

wait, 450-500 pages?!?! About how much of that is manga? How much manga am I actually MISSING!?!? (currently reads only 4 weekly series, totalling about 80 pages)

That said, I think I might look into this one.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Cgoten

Originally posted by Himizujin_Eternia@Jun 21 2005, 10:33 PM
    wait, 450-500 pages?!?! About how much of that is manga? How much manga am I actually MISSING!?!? (currently reads only 4 weekly series, totalling about 80 pages)

That said, I think I might look into this one.
    [snapback]74308[/snapback]
    There're about 20 series in it at any given time.

Yeah right now theres 20 of them serialized.:

One Piece
    Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar
    Bleach
    Busou Renkin
    Katekyou Hitman REBORN!
    Hunter X Hunter
    Death Note
    Naruto
    D. Gray-Man
    Ichigo 100%
    Bobobo-Bo-Bo-Bobo
    Eyeshield 21
    Mr. Fullswing
    The Prince of Tennis
    Kochira Kameari
    Black Cat
    Waqwaq

Theres some others that I don't really read. These are the best ones in my opinon.
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

A single issue at a store by me is $3

Damn, that's fairly cheap. Any other place i've ever seen that sells single issues winds up selling them for $6 to $7 bucks. Thats why I got the subscription.
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

Read 3 chapters so far. Fairly fun, although Tsunayoshi seems to have it a bit too easy. I wanted Fircrascker boy to become a persistent enemy, not a persistent minion. Oh well, it's only been three chapters. No shonen series has ever grabbed me that fast aside from FMA or Kenshin.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

I have been reading it in JUMP since the first chaper debuted and I have to say that you ain seen nothin' yet. It is definately going to be a big hit in JUMP and I expect anime somewhere in the near future.
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information