+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Yakuza.

Default Re: Yakuza.

Just two days before we get our hands on Yakuza Kiwami 2. Are we going to discuss the game on this thread or will someone create a thread for Kiwami 2?

This thread has 8 pages for a game that has by my rough country 12 games including spin-offs and remakes that should tell you all you need to know about how much attention this series draws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Which is a pity, as Kiwami 2 is VERY fun to play. Although I am bummed they removed some things like the Marietta and Adam mini-quests , and the Shinseicho area.

All right, so by now, Kiwami 2 is out. The Hokuto no Ken spin-off, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise comes out in the states next month. And HD re-releases of 3, 4 and 5 are being made, 3 already out in Japan.

I'm sure you fellows know about Shin Ryu Ga Gotoku, but it turns out there's a spin-off being released called Project JUDGE:

This time, you're a PI instead of an ex-Yakuza or what have you.

I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

I am not a huge fun of turn based combat, at all.

Wat a disappointing design decision.

@least there is a completely new area to explore and I how the side games also got an upgrade
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

I must admit I am quite....hesitant, about the gameplay change. If it had to change, a FFXV-style RPG I think would have been a better choice then the Persona-style they are going for.

BUT I will give it a try, all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I must admit I am quite....hesitant, about the gameplay change. If it had to change, a FFXV-style RPG I think would have been a better choice then the Persona-style they are going for.
    Which would probably get them even more heat with the western segment of the fanbase than remastering Shadow The Hedgehog :S

So, first, the official English trailer:

Next, a trailer exploring more into the different aspects of the game:

And lastly, a video showing off the new combat system:

Can the Cat Fight Club return and not be simulated bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Can the Cat Fight Club return and not be simulated bullshit?
    Well, it did in Kiwami as MesuKing.

^ Apparently with the essentially the same Rock,Paper,Scissors gameplay the made the original not very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    ^ Apparently with the essentially the same Rock,Paper,Scissors gameplay the made the original not very fun.
    Yeah, but since it was card-based, it had less RNG bullshit/meaningless button mashing then Y0's version, so it wasn't as bad.

Oh, also I forgot. Ijincho, the place in Yokohama where the majority of Y7 takes places, is apparently three times as large as Kamurocho. That's pretty damn crazy.

Can't wait to see how all that goes underutilized.

Small update: Doing certain minigames like Shogi, Mahjong and that quiz thing in the gameplay trailer above allows Kasuga and his party to do an Auto-Battle function, allowing you to breeze past random encounters much quicker.

Also, besides Ijincho and Kamurocho, Sotenbori is also confirmed as a visitable location.

Famitsu has released some bios about the other characters, and confirmed:

Spoiler:
    A returning character is Han Joon-Gi, the Jingweon Boss from Yakuza 6 who was killed by Hirose, is the figure we saw fighting with Kasuga the trailer. Pretty curious how that works, as we saw him shot in the head.

Could be like the twist from 3 or they could pull a Dead Souls.

MAJOR spoilers from the latest story trailer:

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information