+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Yakuza.

Default Re: Yakuza.

YEEEEEEEEES! Yakuza 5 is FINALLY getting a US release!! :D

****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 10/18/20)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

You have no idea how hyped I am. Also someone uncovered the invitation sheet to the PlayStation Experience and has SEGA listed with Yakuza 5... and Yakuza 0! They didn't announce 0, but hopefully this means the series is making a come back. Sucks that we're not getting a physical release tho, just PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    You have no idea how hyped I am. Also someone uncovered the invitation sheet to the PlayStation Experience and has SEGA listed with Yakuza 5... and Yakuza 0! They didn't announce 0, but hopefully this means the series is making a come back. Sucks that we're not getting a physical release tho, just PSN.
    Yakuza 0!? SWEET!

Anyway, at this point, a digital release is better than no release at all, despite myself wanting a physical release as well.

Yeah I want 0 more than 5 and Ishin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Yeah I want 0 more than 5 and Ishin.
    Really? 5 is appearently the best in the series. Isshin I understand, but you'd rather the prequel that we know not much about yet versus the 5th installment that continues the story that is the confirmed strongest entry in the series?

Really? 5 is appearently the best in the series. Isshin I understand, but you'd rather the prequel that we know not much about yet versus the 5th installment that continues the story that is the confirmed strongest entry in the series?
    I liked what I saw in Zero's pictures, and probably because I'm a bit worn out on sequels....not that I wouldn't give this a try.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

I liked what I saw in Zero's pictures, and probably because I'm a bit worn out on sequels....not that I wouldn't give this a try.
    I'm confused, how can one be worn out on sequels when the sequels tell new stories, introduce new characters, and improve the gameplay? Yakuza 5 is way different from the previous games. It has 5 main characters (one of them being brand new and another being Haruka which is a completely different kind of character to play as) each with their own story that eventually lead into another (like Yakuza 4+1), 5 different cities to explore and play in, and more modern gameplay. Zero will definitely use the new gameplay, but I can't understand why you would rather play a prequel because you... don't want to play a sequel.

I'm confused, how can one be worn out on sequels
    I meant in general not specifically with Yakuza. And I never said I wouldn't play Yakuza 5, I said I was more intrested in Zero.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; December 7th, 2014 at 01:07 AM.

I can finally play as Haruka!

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    I can finally play as Haruka!
    Hope you like weeaboo styled rhythm games!

Just 3 more days until Yakuza 0 is out! :D

In the meantime:

Spoiler:

For anyone somewhat intrested Sega's doing a remake of the first game
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/15...first-trailer/

And a sixth game
    http://kotaku.com/yakuza-6-is-a-play...ive-1730725630

I'm trying for the Yakuza 5 plat but damn it's driving me insane shit is actually hard. Last 1-2% of completion can be brutal(thank god I finished garbage pachinko though).
    What screws me right now is the batting academic course needing 3 perfect runs and golf. After that I think the only real hurdle is Akiyama colosium.

I'm about to polish off the remainder of 4.

I'm about to polish off the remainder of 4.
    How is it going? Heard 4 or 2 is the general favorite for most.

I just finished up golf and only have to do 1 more run of academic batting srsly I swear all these timing based minigames made me develop shinada heat vision after all these failures all the success runs I have it feels like everything going slow mo.

---------

I think I'm giving up Yakuza 5 plat is way too rough and srsly my P5 copy arrives like tomorrow.
    I finished all the minigames besides fishing which is just a matter of patience.

I started on the Ultimate battles and boy. I just lost it at the Shinada defeat everyone in 3 minutes only with weapon switch slashes.... I mean I love Yakuza but man there is toooooooooooooooooons of side stuff that is just poorly designed infuriating garbage. Let's not talk about the super poor balance when it comes to Akiyama(I love playing him but the challenges are so damn stupid with enemies having launch immunity, super guard, etc countering half his moveset)/Shinada(although Shinada is kind of fine) + many enemies being able to stunlock you into eternity for tons of damage just reminds me why fucking Dark Souls despite some jokes on how totally it's not a 100% fair is still the number 1 game that just feels right when it comes to its enemies.
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; September 18th, 2016 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    How is it going? Heard 4 or 2 is the general favorite for most.
    Was going fine until I found myself finishing the rest of Saejima's quests, which then led over to my trying to finish Akiyama's.......and I still have to finish Kiryu's behind that. It'll have to wait until I finish the remainder SMT4 And that's already becoming a damn chore.

Bump

It seems on top of getting Yakuza 0, We're also getting 6 and Kiwami........well shit.

I'm in chapter 3 now after shaking of Nioh.
    And gotta say the substories in this have been amazing so far. I feel pretty confident saying that Y0 will probably be the funniest game I'll play in 2017.
    The humor just hits so well for me.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/24...kuza-6-engine/

We probably won't be getting this for a least a year after release (if this is real and probably is given there were supposed to be some Yakuza news tommorow) but come on.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Hey there, have some news!

First, Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 are getting HD remakes:

But not the Kiwami treatment, however. Still, this means the whole main series is on the PS4, now.

Also, Hokuto Ga Gotoku is confirmed for the west under the name "Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise". And with dual language dubs, too!

Due October 2nd.

Also, a friendly reminder that Yakuza Kiwami 2 hits the west, August 28th.

Still not a lot of news about Shin Ryu Ga Gotoku, staring new protagonist, Ichiban Kasuga, however.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information