+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Yakuza.

Default Re: Yakuza.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    *_* Kmart is running a deal during Yakuza 4's week of release to where when you buy it you get a free copy of Yakuza 3. I am simply thrilled, I was bout to buy Y3 for $24 off Amazon. Even better I get to show my support for the series during a time period where it actually matters.
    Kmart is smart to do these.

I hope they continue to do it until their inevitable death.

I can finally play Yakuza 3

The demo was great! It was even an hour long, even longer if you play the mini-games. Everyone should give it a play. Unfortuntely the game uses the same control scheme as the rest of the series. Why is that unfortunate? The Yakuza games have never had a very good camera, and it becomes all the more apparent when you're shooting at packs of zombies.

There's three ways you can shoot. Run and gun, basically just moving in a direction and pressing the square button. Lock-on and shoot, just like in previous Yakuza games where you can hold down R1 to concentrate on one direction. And finally manual aim, by holding down R2 and shooting any direction you want. You cannot move while using manual aim.

You can still pick up objects and use them on the zombies, there's also limited use weapons you can pick up. The only one I came across was the flamethrower, which, to be frank, is FUCKING AWESOME.

Also, to ease any doubts. This isn't scary, this isn't a horror game. It's an action shooter with zombies.

Yakuza 4 is out now! You can pick it up for the sale price of $39.99 at Best Buy, or at MSRP $59.99 and get a free copy of Yakuza 3 at Kmart.

SEGA is officially bringing Yakuza of the End stateside as Yakuza: Dead Souls.

SEGA has officially announced Yakuza 5 is in development. Furthermore, such as with the past games that took place mainly in Kamurocho but with a secondary city to visit they're now letting fans choose what that second city should be: http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/10/...u-chose-where/

I actually had though they announced this ages ago especially given how fast they've been coming out.

New details on Yakuza 5, it actually seems like they're going to try and advance the game this time around instead of just tweaking the same exact game like they've been doing since 3.

http://daily-portal.com/2011/11/tosh...ill-shock-you/

5 main characters
    Haruka is playable

Spoiler:

- Kazuma Kiryu, Taiga Saejima, Shun Akiyama, Haruka and Tatsuo Shinda are playable
    - Haruka is the main character
    - Shinda is a former baseball character
    - Shinda was given a life ban for gambling
    - Five cities: Sapporo, Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka
    - Each of the five characters lives in one of the cities above
    - Story connects with Yakuza 4
    - Double the development of previous Yakuzas
    - Being developed somewhat like a “new Yakuza”
    - Script/scenario with the greatest scale and dynamism yet seen in the series
    - Adventure switches to battle and back seamlessly
    - Controls have improved greatly
    - 70% complete
    Last edited by All Fiction; May 22nd, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

Wait......I can kick ass with Haruka?!!!!!!? Awesome !

Damm I loved 3 but I still need to get 4, I can buy it cheap now so I will probably get it soon.

People (myself included) were wanting Haruka as the new main character, but only if she fights now... sadly I'm skeptical. I'm worried her segments won't involve that. I also can't say I'm pleased with her career choice, but hey it speaks to the otaku.

- Adventure switches to battle and back seamlessly.
    WELCOME TO THE PRESENT, SEGA! Glad you made it.

Spoiler:

Kiryu's trademark disco outfit better come back. Oh, and Saejima's new haircut fits him, I like it.

Why is Kiryu dressing like Date now...?

...oh no.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/10...me-conditions/

Pfft, Saejima doesn't need no rifle to hunt bears. Oh well, I'll suspend my disbelief.

Yakuza 5 demo hits Japanese PSN tomorrow.

Played the demo. It's really short and can be beaten in 5 minutes, but they give you a chunk of the city to do the usual side stuff in. Club Sega even lets you play Virtua Fighter 2. As for how it plays... finally seems like it belongs on the PS3. Random encounters are seamless, there's quality animation now, and the graphic quality has gotten a noticeable bump, tho the pore texturing on the faces is a bit too defined. The combat plays exactly the same as the past games so I jumped right in, I'm sure there's new moves tho.

It's a day 1 for me when it comes stateside.

I can't wait for this the amount of hours I sunk into doing the sidequests in Yakuza 3 is ridiculous. I hope a release date in the west soon.

The next installment in the series has been announced, and it is another spinoff. Ryu Ga Gotoku: Ishin. It takes place in the 1800's and has you playing Kazum- Err, I mean Sakamoto Ryoma.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/18...unced-by-sega/

We didn't get Kenzan so I don't think we'll be getting this.

Isshin is a PS4 launch title (in Japan) and it will also release on the PS3 and PSVita.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information