+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Yakuza.

Default Re: Yakuza.

I know it's a GoW ripoff, which is why I don't want to play it until I'm done with all 3 games cause I don't want to be going "I could just be playing GoW right now..." I won't be playing Dante anytime soon, it could very well be 2011 before I give this a play. I don't plan to play all 3 GoW games back to back either, don't wanna burn myself out on the series. I'm gonna do the same with the Prince of Persia trilogy and Metal Gear Solid 1-4, which I own all of buy yet to play.

Some people like to marathon games back to back, for me I feel it ruins the opinion on the earlier titles if you immediately jump into later installments without giving previous titles a chance to sink in.

I dunno if ripoff is exactly the right term. Although some aspects are like...yeah...straight from GoW, there's a lot that's not.

I beat the game in 24 hours. I got Platinum 6 hours beyond that (and would have had it in 3 if I wasn't an idiot).

It`s the definition of a rental. Rent it. Enjoy it. Return it. Wait for Kratos.

24 hours?! That's pretty damn long for an action game. Oh wait, you meant you beat it in a day, right?

I beat it just under a weekend. I'd have done so sooner had it not been for that damn ice platform fight. CHEAP!

LOVE AND PEACE

Wow, we got off topic... Sooo, Yakuza... Just get 3 or play the first two as well?

Got the game, it's installing game data now as I write, I'm so hyped!!!! Got the special code for 2 players mini games and extra costumes!

EDIT:

Buuhan: You will enjoy the story and characters a lot more if you play the first and second, besides, Yakuza 2 is one of the best games for ps2 (IMO)

I haven't seen 2 in stores, just 1. Is it cheap online?

Should be, in my country it's like 15 bucks online...

Saw a used copy of Yakuza 1 in my local GameStop today and picked it up. $10. No Yakuza 2, tho.

Got some hours clocked in Yakuza 3 now, the story is good, the battles are nice, just so damn disappointed that they removed the hostess clubs, that was my favourite time waster before. :(

The graphics are just ok, kiryus animation does kinda suck, but the city is nice, especially okinawa, really nice atmosphere.

Hope this game will sell better than the prequels so maybe Sega will get Kenzan and Yakuza 4 over here too...

What do you think of Yakuza 1 buuhan?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    AND THEY WANT TO REMOVE HOSTESS CLUBS!?

What the FUCK!?
    What's the "Hostess Club"? I only played the japanese demo of Yakuza 3.

It isn't that place where you have to befriend hoes, right??

befriend hostess, yes, not whores.

Depends on the club actually ^o^

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    befriend hostess, yes, not whores.
    Haha! Okay.

But, what's so "bad" about it for them to remove it? or they just didn't want it in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Depends on the club actually ^o^
    Knowing you...

Oh, I won't be popping in Yakuza 1 for awhile, as tempted as I may be. I think I'd prefer having 2 before I started, cause I think it's only going to get harder to find.

My God, people are really freaking out about the Hostess bar being removed. I can't comment on it, but the Amazon boards are ridiculous. Most people are boycotting the release and going as far as to say the hostess club is a huge chunk of the game and taking it away makes the game shit. Again, I haven't played, but I doubt that's true. Anyone who posts over there interested in the title immediately gets swarmed by these people. I fear what the GameFAQs board's like...

... *goes to the GameFAQs board knowing he'll regret it*

It wasn't really that important to the game so I don't agree with the sentiment of it's removal ruining the game. It's Funny how people bitched and moaned about the activities you did in GTA 4 but the minute Sega removes hostess clubs from Yakuza 4 shit hits the fan.

The copy I got from GameStop is defected. First time it went past the first opening cinematic then went black, so I wiped it, then it went past the second opening cinematic then went black. This is the only copy they had, so looks to be the first failure GameStop has dealt me. This has happened to DBZ: BT3, but they of course had more copies so I was good.

The Walmart right across the street (yes, literally) has several new copies of Yakuza 1 for $20... but call me stubborn now that I have a PS3, but I refuse to pay that for a PS2 game now. If GameStop can't order another copy from another store or anything and simply refund me, then I guess I won't be playing this series after all unless I can find a good deal on it.

Just buy Yakuza 3 then, you have a short summary of what happend before in the game, and there's a lot of new fans of yakuza who just played yakuza 3 at gamefaqs, and you'll support the chances of Yakuza 4 and kenzan coming to west! Most characters are new anyway, and the story is new also.

EDIT: sega marketing sucks... there's a total of 5 yakuza games released now, it's a big series in japan, they should try to make it big in west too, with lots of publicity, maybe release yakuza 1 and 2 in hd for ps3 like GoW did, and release kenzan to summer and Yakuza 4 to winter, and maybe even port the games to xbox 360 also...

The reviews for yakuza 3 been good so far in west with lots of 8/10 and 9/10, even though its already more than a year old, the series have potential...
    Last edited by Solid; March 24th, 2010 at 04:56 AM.

Don't ask me how, but GameStop had another copy, so hopefully I'm good to go this time. I wouldn't have bought Yakuza 3, I have a feeling it's probably better than the first and second, but I like to play from the ground up when something does have connecting stories and characters. From the demo in 3 it sounds like the main character is respected, I wanna know exactly why first hand.

But above all else, Yakuza 3 is $60. I'm a cheap ass gamer, I only buy games at introductory/high prices when it's a game I was really looking forward to (No More Heroes 2) and I actually have the money. I can wait on Yakuza 3, also I'm dead broke. Having to pay a $3,000 lawsuit from an unpaid hospital bill and getting laid off from my job has really cramped our money. I'd have bought God of War III and FFXIII already if this wasn't going on.

^ Messed up news.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information