+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drinking Thread!!

Thumbs up The Drinking Thread!!

Cheers! This is a discussion for the members of these boards who like to partake in the drinking of alcoholic beverages. This thread has no single purpose in mind, but is rather a place to talk about anything from what you like to drink, where or why you like to drink, crazy crap you do when drunk, or even general posts/rants by drunk members. Even those of you that hate alcohol are welcome to come in here and condemn us, but lets all try to be civil and stay on topic, k?

Anyways, I'll get the ball rolling. I like beer, cases and cases of beer. I don't like light beers, as they taste like water to me and don't get me as drunk. When the opportunity presents itself I like to drink German beers like Becks or Warsteiner (good good stuff), but, living in this podunk little armpit I call my hometown am generally stuck with Budweiser or Lone Star (a cheap Texan beer). Lately I've been drinking Everclear (95% alcohol for those unfamiliar with it.) cocktails, being too broke to buy a case every night, since I can stretch it out a bit more. Though when it comes to liquor, I prefer a good bottle of Crown Royal.

Anyways, come one, come all!
    My dA: http://adudenamedjoshd.deviantart.com/
    Click click click

"When you dance with the devil, you wait for the song to stop."

Default Re: The Drinking Thread!!

Oh this thread reminds me of the manliness thread in the hall of shame :D
    Anyways I like to party so I'll reply here.
    You already mentioned the german beer and you're totally right!(I'm from Germany so I really have to know).
    But you can't compare Becks to the real german beer(I don't know wether they produce it with the "reinheitsgebot"...sry don't know the english name).
    Besides beer vine is really tasty and my name is "wein" which means vine in english...so i'm kinda supposed to drink vine,right?

to summarize it:
    vine=beer>cocktails>mixed drinks...etc.

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

Drinking kills the buzz of a party for me =(

I have much more fun when I don't drink and just try to enjoy the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    Drinking kills the buzz of a party for me =(
    I have much more fun when I don't drink and just try to enjoy everything.
    What a buzzkill.

That said, I don't like drinking either.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

Drinking kills the buzz of a party for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    What a buzzkill.
    I have much more fun when I don't drink and just try to enjoy everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    I don't like drinking either.
    You guys are lame. That said, I don't drink and never have. Most my friends and family do though. Urr, they like the sweet stuff; or Hefeweizen, strangely enough.

Wait... If I don't drink and you don't drink either... what is your reason for calling me lame? (assuming it is based on my statement in this thread)
    Or is that just the tradition to call people that don't drink lame?
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

shr0uder

Wait... If I don't drink and you don't drink either... what is your reason for calling me lame? (assuming it is based on my statement in this thread)
    Depends on what kind of party you're at. Being sober when everyone else is drunk is a boring thing to do. However, drinking to that stage where you're not tipsy yet, but almost there, is the best (around 4 cans). Helps loosen up, I guess, and shakes off any social chains that may be dragging you down from talking to someone you usually wouldn't talk to at work/school.
    I drink to loosen up, not to get incredibly drunk. Though the latter is getting more and more frequent, and I'm not one to argue against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom
    That's about it, I suppose. People who don't drink are pussies and nerds. Unless you a former alcoholic and you haven't touched booze in a long time. Then you are a cool guy and everybody are giving you pats on the back .

That said, I don't really do drinking either. Or at least I try to avoid it the best I can...

Wait... If I don't drink and you don't drink either... what is your reason for calling me lame?
    I was just copying Zkaiser. He said you were a buzzkill for saying that drinking kills the buzz of a party, and then he said he didn't like drinking either. I then called you both lame (less clever, I know) and then said I don't drink either. At the same time, I was following the trend that says you have to drink to be cool.
    Last edited by brennen.exe; January 6th, 2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: We are a buzzkill to this thread. Why are we here?

I drink milk...

Chocolate milk is better. But milk IS the drink of Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I drink milk. Chocolate milk is better. But milk IS the drink of Gods.
    My wife gets made at me cause I go through a gallon of milk every couple of days. Mmmm. Milk. I got hit by a car once riding my skateboard; I flew over the hood of the car and landed in the street on the other side of the car. I got up and skated home scared I was going to get in trouble. I was only 16, so I didn't know I could sue him for it (since the crosswalk was on). I should be in a Milk commercial...
    Last edited by brennen.exe; January 6th, 2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Well I suppose it is the DRINKING thread; Milk is a drink...

Hey, no one called Yoska lame yet. I bet he feels left out...

Yoska you are such a pussy!

Thanks. I feel much better now.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Oh I do love a good drink here and there. Guiness, Carling, Becks, Stella, Fosters. The list goes on. Don't like Budweiser (it tastes like Water) and stuff like Smirnoff. Wine I do love too. And Tea.

First comes justice! Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar

Drinking is for losers who feel they need to fill a void in there life by drinking.

Chuck Norris VS Everyone from naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Kedavra View Post
    But you can't compare Becks to the real german beer
    Yeah, I know, but Becks is just about all I can get here where I live, sad story really.

My favorite non-alcoholic beverage is good ol' H2O, great taste, never lets me down.

Also, I don't think drinking makes a man manly necessarily, at least that ain't why I drink. Living in this tiny ass town with nothing to do, you gotta find something to stave off the boredom. I used to smoke, but when I gave that up I found the bottle, and we've been best friends ever since. Makes life seem more... interesting I guess. Plus, being from Texas, I'm morally obligated to drink myself stupid.
    My dA: http://adudenamedjoshd.deviantart.com/
    Click click click

"When you dance with the devil, you wait for the song to stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Yeah, I know, but Becks is just about all I can get here where I live, sad story really.

My favorite non-alcoholic beverage is good ol' H2O, great taste, never lets me down.

Also, I don't think drinking makes a man manly necessarily, at least that ain't why I drink. Living in this tiny ass town with nothing to do, you gotta find something to stave off the boredom. I used to smoke, but when I gave that up I found the bottle, and we've been best friends ever since. Makes life seem more... interesting I guess. Plus, being from Texas, I'm morally obligated to drink myself stupid.
    Yeah you're absolutely right!
    Btw same goes for me...living in a small town really sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by Yoska View Post
    Unless you a former alcoholic and you haven't touched booze in a long time. Then you are a cool guy and everybody are giving you pats on the back .
    What if direct family members including parents are/were alcoholics, some of whom died as a direct result? Does the threat of bad genetics make me a cool guy?
    XD

...I hope so.

i tend to prefer pot when I party, but I like a good beer too.

Like others have mentioned, I tend to lean towards dark beers most of the time. Anyone ever had "Arrogant Bastard Ale"? very good stuff.

But since it's around the holidays i've been drinking Great Lakes "Christmas Ale"... stuff is sooo good.

My buds and I have been playing a Hokuto No Ken drinking game. Basically anytime Lin says "Ken!" we do a shot. And anyone who is familiar with the series will know that we get fucked up pretty quick.

Speaking of which.. anyone else play any fun drinking games?

what would be a good one for One Piece?

The only form of alcohol that I can stand to drink is sake, and even then, only when it's near-scalding hot.

Because it fucking sucks at room temperature.

Never got drunk though, and never want to. I never did get the appeal in losing control of your own actions...
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information