+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2236

Thread: Gintama Discussion

Default Re: Gintama Discussion

Probably it was just Thursday's Elizabeth.

Well, after two months, I've finally caught up. I didn't think it'd take me so long, but in addition to starting Beelzebub at the same time and focusing on it (since it was the shorter series) and Gintama being a rather verbose manga, I can see why it happened. Anyway, man, why did I take so long to give this a shot? Sorachi is a master of parody, obscene humor and, most importantly, characterization. Seriously, there hasn't been a single character I dislike, that wasn't written specifically to be disliked. And, as it's been noted by a few people here, Sorachi can write the hell out of his female characters. Kagura is absolutely amazing; whether she's kicking ass, being girly or puking her guts out, I love her character. Oda (and Kishi and Kubo, for that matter) should take a page from Sorachi's book, when it comes to writing women. Hell, in some cases, they should take the whole fucking book.

Anyway, I don't want to drag this out too much, but my favorite arcs would have to be Gintoki's harem and the recent gender swap arc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the serious stuff, but I'm of the opinion that the humor is where Gintama truly shines. This manga makes me laugh a lot. And I don't mean just a chuckle or two, but actual laughter. Keep on parodying/mocking anyone and everyone, Sorachi, you brilliant mangorillaka...

Oh, and the trailer for the new movie looks great.

Spoiler:
    Hooray for the return of grown up Kagura!

So, am I the only one who read chapter 447? Kagura's followup to the accusations and how much worse it made things sound was hilarious. Toss even more chum to the sharks, why don't you?

Gin's strategy for dealing with GKB's monopolizing of the fans at the event was brilliant, by the way. You may not be female, but you're certainly a bitch, Gin...

Hidden:
    I hate to double-post!

I just read it. Haha that was a clever plan and once again kagura makes me laugh really hard

Just started with gintama , already episode 41 in three days.Hope i catch up fast.
    I am definitely loving the series so so so much.

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    Well, after two months, I've finally caught up.
    I am glad to see you liked Gintama as much as you did. Gorilla certainly deserves the credit.

Oda (and Kishi and Kubo, for that matter) should take a page from Sorachi's book, when it comes to writing women. Hell, in some cases, they should take the whole fucking book.
    The way you worded it, it sounds as if Kubo and Kishimoto write better female characters than Oda. You probably want to switch the names in the brackets. But in no way does that change the fact Sorachi shames them all in this department.

Anyway, I don't want to drag this out too much, but my favorite arcs would have to be Gintoki's harem and the recent gender swap arc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the serious stuff, but I'm of the opinion that the humor is where Gintama truly shines. This manga makes me laugh a lot. And I don't mean just a chuckle or two, but actual laughter. Keep on parodying/mocking anyone and everyone, Sorachi, you brilliant mangorillaka...
    Yeah, the harem arc is one of the best, not only among the latest ones, but the series as the whole. Small size and high amount of Sorachiís arcs makes it possible for him to do high quality stuff even 50 volumes in.

Yeah Sorachi is the best when it comes to write female characters (thought last chapters aren't very volorizing to womens image :D)
    I think what make Sorachi such a good mangaka is that he never do fanservice, Oda's female characters were almost as good as Sorachi's in the first chapters of One Piece, but that was before Nami's incredible growth...
    Sorachi's strategy is "Let fanservice to beginners! Pros do fan trolling!" xD

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    The way you worded it, it sounds as if Kubo and Kishimoto write better female characters than Oda. You probably want to switch the names in the brackets. But in no way does that change the fact Sorachi shames them all in this department.
    Really? Because I thought it was pretty clear that I meant Oda was the lesser evil, whereas his other two contemporaries were the worst offenders. I guess I should've gone with the more straightforward "Oda (and especially Kubo and Kishi) should take a page from Sorachi's book, when it comes to writing women." Oh well...

Deviant_Mugen did you try to watch the anime or did you only read the manga?

So far, I've only read the manga and watched a few episodes here and there (mostly those that adapted the chapters/arcs I found funniest).

I'll definitely be watching the anime soon, though, since the voices and animation definitely add to Gintama's greatness (Sugita is perfect as Gintoki, and hearing Kumigiya Rie's voice coming out of Kagura's mouth is just hilarious to me), but I haven't started on it just yet...

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

Trust me, the anime is amazing :D
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

Yes anime is much better than manga, you should watch it all, especially the benizakura arc. The harem arc wasn't very well adapted though. But there's a lot more fun in anime, and a lot more trolling too xD

I already watched the harem arc, and I thought it was a great adaptation of the material. That Shichibukai debate between Gin's "conquests" was amazing...

i really liked the harem arc in the anime. It seems a little shorter but i don't think there's anything missing so it's probably just me

The only problem aout the harem arc was the fact that too much scenes were censored (the funnyest, when Gintoki is in the theater) and it was also shortened. Funny arcs in the anime are usually a lot better than that.

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

The harem arc was censored, huh? If it was, I certainly didn't notice .__. I still laughed my ass off :D
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

Yeah, they placed a big picture of one of the doll heads to cover up some mischief in the theater. The same thing happened to the Shogun vacation episode as well.

wow gintama movie is actually coming out...i hesitated to believe this for months...

Yes at least in past episodes when they censor they usually use little mosaics and that was a lot more faithful to the original manga. And even the scenes that was censored were really fast that we actually can't see anything. I wonder how viewers who didn't read the manga can understand what's happening...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information