+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2236

Thread: Gintama Discussion

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

Default Re: Gintama Discussion

@SSJLuffy

Personally, the way I see it, the series really just does whatever the hell it wants

When it wants to be a comedy, it'll be a comedy
    When it wants to be serious and badass, it'll be serious and badass
    When it wants to have a plot, they'll have a plot

I think you get what I mean....

Also, I'd say you wanna pick the anime over the manga for this one, because a there are lot of moments that have more impact in the anime compared to the manga. Oh, and don't bother with the first two episodes, as they're both filler and really unfunny. I'd also say that you should watch up to the Benizakura Arc, but if you still don't enjoy the series by then, its really not for you :/
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

What a twist! lol

and i'm liking nobume more and more everytime she appears. Also there's a new episode on thursday if anyone doesn't know

Thanks for the info everyone!

Well, this series is officially in my backlog now! If it wasn't already big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    @SSJLuffy

Personally, the way I see it, the series really just does whatever the hell it wants

When it wants to be a comedy, it'll be a comedy
    When it wants to be serious and badass, it'll be serious and badass
    When it wants to have a plot, they'll have a plot

I think you get what I mean....

Also, I'd say you wanna pick the anime over the manga for this one, because a there are lot of moments that have more impact in the anime compared to the manga. Oh, and don't bother with the first two episodes, as they're both filler and really unfunny. I'd also say that you should watch up to the Benizakura Arc, but if you still don't enjoy the series by then, its really not for you :/
    I always say Gintama is the japanese version of the Simpsons, with Gintoki the lazy drunkard just like Homer, Kagura as the wild little Bart and Shinpashi the annoying Lisa. It also contains trash and sexual humor and some real life characters appears just like in the Simpsons (We saw Will Smith, Jacky Chan and even some Japanese ministers). Finally, just like the Simpsons it can have some really epic episodes but in a manga fashion...
    But the thing that I like the most about Gintama is how it has very uncommun charachters like prsotitutes, cabaret girls or even a lesbian and it seems so natural that nobody is shoked to find such things in a shonen manga for children. Sorachi is really a genius!
    Last edited by frej; March 7th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.

Also, that other than Gin and the shinsengumi, most of the strong characters are female. The core of the family is a matriarch.

And the girls are real charachters not like these fanservice pinups in other mangas. I think Otae is the only manga heroine with a flat chest :p

Quote Originally Posted by frej View Post
    And the girls are real charachters not like these fanservice pinups in other mangas. I think Otae is the only manga heroine with a flat chest :p
    Maka, soul eater?

Apparently the name and release date for the new movie are going to be revealed after next week's anime episode.

So the anime is covering the beam sword arc now.

I'm hoping the anime starts to cover the more humour based chapters after this. I don't mind them covering the more serious based arcs but I miss the comedy based stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaho View Post
    So the anime is covering the beam sword arc now.

I'm hoping the anime starts to cover the more humour based chapters after this. I don't mind them covering the more serious based arcs but I miss the comedy based stuff.
    So are we to assume that they're gonna go for the regular 50 episode season type deal? And then head to another hiatus or something? I guess after all it does make sense for them to do so, so they can build more of a buffer for the anime series later on. Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Samwize78 View Post
    Apparently the name and release date for the new movie are going to be revealed after next week's anime episode.
    They're probably just trolling the fans...

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    So are we to assume that they're gonna go for the regular 50 episode season type deal? And then head to another hiatus or something? I guess after all it does make sense for them to do so, so they can build more of a buffer for the anime series later on. Any thoughts on this?
    Actually come april a different anime is in gintamas time slot. The reason this season is.so short is probably because.of the movie.and the next season will be like normal

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Also, that other than Gin and the shinsengumi, most of the strong characters are female. The core of the family is a matriarch.
    Soraichi proved it again ^^
    http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2013/03/12/gintama-436/

Otae is kind of anoying because she's as strong as the plot is nonsensical, once a serious arc shows up, she can be kidnaped by bringing her wrist together.

The chapter hinged too much on knowing japanesse pop culture, specialy the final reveal.

Apparently the anime does intentd to reveal the name and release date of the second movie, but they indeed ARE going to dish out the fair share of trolling. Last week the name and date were scratched out with the message "next week the scratches will be removed". This week they are in fact removed, but now the name and date are pixelated. So I'm lead to believe this will be going on until the season ends in a few weeks, and then the title and release date will be revealed at the end of the season finale. If by that time it isn't already announced in Shonen Jump.

Like you guessed, it actually is getting announced in next week's WJ. That stuff got leaked. http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post2842250

The new chapter is out and... well, see for yourself:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/161517/...wa-mata-noboru

Spoiler:

Glad that Sachi, the Mangaka/Convict is now a recurrent character, color page worthy.

well this arc certainly has major potential for hilarity. I wonder if we'll see as many characters as in the time skip arc

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information