+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help settle an old OP-related bet ...

Default Help settle an old OP-related bet ...

Ok all you detail-obsessed manga and anime junkies: I need your sharp eyes and good memories to help me settle a bet for once and for all --- hopefully before the new year. (and hopefully in my favor ...)

It goes something like this:

The first party insists that although Zoro frequently appears in the anime with his right wrist limply resting on his swords, he has never, ever, EVER done that in the manga.

The second party insists that the first party is nuts, and that of course Zoro's done the limp-wristed hand-rest thing before in the manga ...

... even though the second party can't seem to find evidence of it.

Yet.

So, to win this bet, the second party has to come up with a canon picture from the manga that shows Zoro's right hand resting limply on his swords.

And the first party has to ... well, just has to sit and wait, I guess. Until the second party gives up. That's how the first party will win. The second party has approximately three weeks to find an image -- if one exists.

What you're looking for is an image of Zoro's hand as it appears in the following video at about 6:09.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlSOg4K6G-A

oh and I should add that something like this doesn't count:

[img=http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6060/373akatsukiii4.th.jpg]

-- because in this pic, Zoro's hand is horizontal, and holding onto a sword.
    We're talking vertical, and holding nothing.

Oh, and since this is probably the last post you'll see from me in a while, Merry X-Mas, Happy New Year, Joyous Kwanzaa, God Jul, Awesome Eid, Amazing Boxing Day, Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad, Happy Birthday Oda, and etc etc.

cheers.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

Default Re: Help settle an old OP-related bet ...

damn it on coverpage 25 he has trhe hand resting the way you want it but on a frong instead of his swords... =P

Could have sworn there was a coverpage or something in the manga where he did it. but on the cover where I thought it was he was carryinng the swords on his shoulder...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    Could have sworn there was a coverpage or something in the manga where he did it. but on the cover where I thought it was he was carryinng the swords on his shoulder...
    Yeah that's the thing -- every time one of us thinks we remember seeing it in the manga, we look it up ... and it's not like that at all! So that's why we decided to take it to AP finally -- figuring that since our memories were so bad, others with better memories might be able to fill in the gaps for us.

Quote Originally Posted by m00n View Post
    That's close, M00n! -- but because he's resting it on the top of his swords, it doesn't count. It's got to be down near the handle-guards, and with the hand just sort of flopped over, not holding anything. Like in the anime. In many episodes of the anime he's got his hand like that.

The first party says that this limp-wristedness is a behavior tic invented by the anime -- not consistent with the manga. The second party disagrees and says that it was invented by Oda and appears in the manga.

Some of you can probably guess the subtext of the bet, but it's not necessary to know the subtext to help us settle it.
    Last edited by dinty; December 23rd, 2008 at 09:17 AM.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information