Page 82 of 301 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

Yeah, it's funny. There's a lot more dialogue in Oda's fights, but then end up being much shorter than Naruto's or even Bleach's..

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Too me its either Kishi's boared with Naruto like MT suggested or he's painted himself into a corner and dose'nt know where to go next. So he just threw in a random battle to show off how powerful and freaky Oro is since he got his new body.

Well there's no argument whatsoever that Oda is a superior manga-ka to Kishimoto. That was obvious even when Naruto was good.

It's probably because he used to be the assistant for Nobuhiro Watsuki, the manga-ka of Rurouni Kenshin (another excellent shonen series). Then again the manga-ka for Shaman King was also one of his assistants and he didn't turn out quite so well . . . . .

Either way, combine Oda's natural genius with teachings from Watsuki-sensei and you get shonen gold. I wonder who Kishimoto was assistant to, if anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    The anime or manga?

If the manga...

Spoiler:

How so? I have not read everything, but it looks like Ranma was finally cured of his condition, and some characters hooked up (Soun-Ranma's teacher?, Shampoo-Mousse, Ryoga-Pig Girl), but I am not sure if anything became of Kodachi or Uuchan. I also seem to remember Ranma being very cruel to Uuchan a while back, where he was willing to give up his friendship with her rather than marry her? What?

What was dissatisfactory was Ranma's ending. Like Naru's constant pummeling of Keitaro in Love Hina, Ranma and Akane's fights got old after the first twenty volumes, so their indecisiveness was just annoying at the end. Furthermore, they're just sitting on that bench; there's no real closure behind Ranma/Akane's future, unlike the minor characters. It's like Shaman King; I invest a ton of time/energy/money into the series, and I get an ambiguous ending? I wasn't looking for an ambiguous ending in Shaman King or Ranma 1/2; I was looking for closure! 'tis bad enough Pokemon didn't end at the Indigo Saga, or Dragonball at the Frieza saga.
    Er, that doesn't quite sound like the manga ending I know:

Spoiler:

From what I remember after fighting some really tough villains Ranma and Akane finally admit that they love each other. However Ranma was never cured of his curse, he just grew to accept it as a part of him. Fast forward a few days and Ranma wakes up in a tuxedo, as Genma and Soun Tendo put together a wedding for him and Akane. The other rivals at first seem sad but resigned to the expected outcome. (and Ryouga does apparently get with the pig-girl) As a present the Jusenkyo guide sent a barrel full of Drowned Man Spring water, but Ranma never gets it. Before the wedding can begin all the rivals come blasting in (literally!) to try and break it up, and Happosai ends up drinking the barrel thinking it's sake. So after the chaos dies down Genma and Soun tell Ranma and Akane that their wedding is postponed until they can settle all their affairs. They agree. So the manga ends with them running off to school (side by side rather than apart) with the words "Ranma and Akane are not married . . . . . .yet."

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Oda was a great manga-ka of his own volition; even Watasuki fouled up in the "Revenge Arc", which many consider Kenshin's peak though I see it as a fine example of Kenshin "jumping the shark".

Satsuki,

Spoiler:

Did you read Viz's translations? They might have omitted a chapter; I'm not sure, but the last volume sold by Viz has a picture of Ranma/Akane in a tux/gown on the front, and I frequently read the last bits of it because I can't fudging believe that what I am reading is the end. What you told me seems logical-ish, and I've heard of the crazy Jusenkyo manager sending Ranma Drowned-Man water, but the ending in this volume is much different; Akane inherits this weird armour with a yin-yan on the front that seems to trigger when she's angry; she and Ranma get into a fight. Ranma pushes the yin-yan on the front of the armour and it disappears; they both land on a bench wet with paint. Ranma is cradling Akane, then they exchange some words. At the bottom, there's a small note by Takahashi: "Ranma 1/2-End".

Either way, though; both this ending and what you told me suck. :(

. . . . . if I recall correctly the volume with Ranma and Akane in a tux\gown on the cover WAS MOST DEFINITELY NOT THE ENDING. I'm sure Viz kept going after that. And are you sure it didn't just mean "end of this volume."?

Yeah, that was the end. All other volumes have "To be continued" on the last page of manga.

. . . . . what number was that volume? Cause the last volume in the Japanese tanko is like 37 or something.

I'll check tomorrow when I go to Border's. Looking at Ranma 1/2 Perfect (Furinkan.com), the tux/gown is the cover of Volume 38. However, I know Viz had a bad habit of changing the volume artwork, so this is disputed until I can confirm what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    And I'm getting tired of Orochimaru's dues ex machina revival powers. Yes I know snakes are symbolic of rebirth and regeneration, but this is going too far. Itachi is supposed to be one of the deadliest characters in the series, but at least he doesn't have lame-o revival powers. He kills you before you scratch him.
    I feel the same way....Kishimoto has the ability to create any Jutsu he wants for any character. Example: unlike OP, where a DF has limited uses, any character in Naruto could use the "I can conjure X out of thin air" jutsu without any explanation needed. Up till now the jutsu's have had weaknesses (water prison), been illusions, or involved creating clones of a an element, and then trading places with them - the users body remeained flesh.

But the Way Oro is acting now, he seems like a Logia.

Perhaps Oro's "invincibility" is the idea of the "strongest" in the world of Naruto.

Sadly, it will easily be countered with an "X no jutsu" that would, say, prevent any form of regeneration. Maybe the casting of the jutsu will have the price of ... self-sacrifice, which will probably cause more angst and whatnot -_-

Bah, at least in One Piece we know that Enel has his weaknesses, even against other fighters aside from Luffy.

It seems the Narutofan forums are busted. So here's 296 fresh off the scanner. :laugh:

NARUTO - 296

You da man, BF.

Ee, can't say that anything much happened, side from some Mokuton Jutsu.. What's Sai up to anyway?

Ahh, thankee. Looks like another week of Naruto jeering. What has Kishimoto fouled up this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    What has Kishimoto fouled up this week?
    His life in general XD

God dang it! I hate being proved right, but we've once again accomplished nothing with this stupid fanservice Kishimoto calls a "fight".

Spoiler:

Sakura stupidly has nostalgia and tries to "reach" Naruto, so she gets tail-whipped like the whiner she always was. Orochi falls down, but he's obviouosly still alive and very powerful; Yamato takes it into his own hands to retrain and un-Kyuubify Naruto, and it looks likes everyone is going to bid each other "g'day" and leave for another time.

WHAT A WASTE OF MY LIFE.

gah yeah...I cannot see this going very anywhere really <_<

Oh, that sucks! It's just like the Sannin fight, which ended so abruptly with everyone graciously parting ways.

Damn Kishimoto! I want some sort of freakin' conclusion to these fights.

Hee hee, I can see this pattern being repeated, but with each repetition the Kyuubi's tail increases by 1. Viva forever!:yatta:

Badass Hat

Quote Originally Posted by changsho
    Hee hee, I can see this pattern being repeated, but with each repetition the Kyuubi's tail increases by 1. Viva forever!:yatta:
    Except one Sasuke gets reintroduced, he'll sometimes fill in for Sakura. And should Naruto get into a romantic relationship with someone else like say Hinita then they'll do it sometimes to.

By the way did we ever find out what the hell Sai's mission was?
    Let us hope Luffy does not copy one of Frankeys moves.
    Just imagine Gomu Gomu Coup de Poo...

Wow, it looks like Naruto is over huh?

Thread Information