Page 8 of 301 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

I liked how they added more scenes about Kimimaro in the anime. I always wanted to see more about him (instead of his past just being shortly mentioned like in the manga). In my opinion, it was an example of good "filler" scenes.

The Kimimaro flashbacks were INCREDIBLY good, in my eyes. In the manga, he was an interesting character that died before he really should have. In the anime, he has become much, MUCH more interesting.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Of course you have to factor in that any filler is meaningless to the actual storyline in the long run.
    What if Kishimoto had meant to make more about Kimmaro later in the manga? You'll end up with a case of Dr.Frappe!

Originally posted by Heritic+Mar 23 2005, 02:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Heritic &#064; Mar 23 2005, 02:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Himizujin_Eternia@Mar 23 2005, 11:51 AM
    My personal thought on an upcoming Naruto filler arc is this: in the manga, we learn that pretty much every genin from Naruto&#39;s class has become a chuunin. Perhaps a filler arc showing how would suffice (not as long as the original chuunin exam arc, of course, but it may still be interesting to see how.)
    That would RULE. I really would like to know how Sakura could take the Chuunin exam when her two team mates weren&#39;t around. Unless she teamed up with Ino and Chouji, I guess that could work. Maybe show how some of the characters became Jounin, I&#39;d like to see that.
    [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;d like to see that. I haven&#39;t seen the Naruto anime in a long time (I&#39;ve gone sort of manga-only with the series), but if they have a filler arc like that, I&#39;d definately watch it. Kakashi&#39;s Gaiden was good and went at a great pace, explained some things, though it&#39;d be interesting to go through the other route with the genin/chuunin thing since we get to see another side of what we missed and don&#39;t get to see in the manga..... I think I&#39;m just rambling on here.

And that one scene still reminds me of Piggy from Lord of the Flies (Kakashi&#39;s Gaiden).

Originally posted by Zephos@Mar 23 2005, 06:54 PM
    Of course you have to factor in that any filler is meaningless to the actual storyline in the long run.
    What if Kishimoto had meant to make more about Kimmaro later in the manga? You&#39;ll end up with a case of Dr.Frappe&#33;
    True, but Kimimaro&#39;s flashback was really just a more in-depth version of when Kabuto and Orochimaru were talking about Kimimaro&#39;s past. It was definitely better than watching Kabuto and Orochimaru talk and it didn&#39;t really do anything to the storyline. Nothing like Dr. Frappe, that bastard...

Originally posted by Zephos@Mar 23 2005, 06:54 PM
    What if Kishimoto had meant to make more about Kimmaro later in the manga? You&#39;ll end up with a case of Dr.Frappe&#33;
    [snapback]19661[/snapback]
    Yeah, I understand what you are saying...but I don&#39;t think that Kimimaro would have anything else about him later in the manga.

I mean, the way I see it (and this is just my opinion), I thought Kimimaro was a character that Kishimoto meant to do something else with...but then he decided to just forget about it and end the arc. So, Kimimaro has always seemed to me like a character that had a lot more potential. Like Himizujin_Eternia says, I think that he died before he should have in the manga.

And also, like Heritic says, the Kimimaro flashbacks in the anime were just longer animated versions of what had been briefly mentioned in word balloons and stuff. So the story itself wasn&#39;t too messed with...and the scenes fit perfectly.

To me, it seems more like the way it should have happened in the manga in the first place.

The newest chapter was great&#33;
    *Spoilers*

Kankurou has been healed by Sakura
    THE ARRIVAL OF ROCK LEE,TEN TEN,GAI AND NEJI&#33;
    *omg,Neji is so bad-ass&#33;*

Heh, so Ebisu is the leader of Konohamaru&#39;s squad. Gai&#39;s team all looks cool, they haven&#39;t really changed much, and what&#39;s this? Sakura actually being useful? :P

I hope we get a little team 8 action going next chapter. I mean, it seems like Hinata & Shino have dropped off the face of the earth&#33;

i wonder why the old lady attacked Naruto or did she atack Kakashi and Naruto interfered? :huh:

and Sakura woah.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

She had mistaken him for his father, White Fang
    Appears that she has some beef with that guy

FINALLY&#33;&#33;&#33;

Neji is looking awesome&#33; And Lee, well, Lee looks even more like Gai. But honestly, who expected him to change? Konohamaru is genin, I had been wondering about that. He&#39;s now the same rank as Naruto. Hehe&#33;&#33;

Oh and Sakura, I knew she&#39;d be something. :D

MB.

Where did you guys get the new chapter? IRC?

Look in the OP 360 thread. First link.

Good chapter, but boring ending. We knew a week in advance that they&#39;d appear, and they were just lumped in for a "cool" shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

MB.

Now let&#39;s get the other team and drag them into it.....

Naruto is becoming too much of a "Shout out&#33;" manga... bringing in characters to get their fan riled up.
    Like a band shouting out the name of a town their playing in during concerts....

I want some goddamn plot&#33; Kidnapping is old fish&#33;

Though, I agree that at least Neji looks cool.

The plot IS starting to move, though. Akatsuki finally came out in the forefront and now is a priority problem with the characters.

But now for my fangirl squeal of the day. *ahem*

NEJIIIIIII&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; *swoons*

*gets back up* Allright, I&#39;ve now declared how truly awesome Neji looks. Didn&#39;t think he could get much more bishounen, but I was wrong. It&#39;s all about the hair&#33;

And I&#39;m glad the WHOLE team Gai is going, cause Tenten needs more airtime, dammit&#33; Always thought she didn&#39;t get nearly enough attention. And is anybody surprised at how freaking tall Lee got&#33;?

SEE&#33; KISHIMOTOS PLAYING OFF THE FANGIRLS&#33;

HE JUST SAID.." ARE YOU READY TO ROCK FANGIRLS?"

RAAAAAR....&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s all about the hair? Yeah. That&#39;s the only change I saw in any of those four. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

I&#39;m gonna wait for Inane to translate it.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Thread Information