Page 78 of 301 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

  1. #1541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    I am disappointed, though, that the Kyuubi transformations are now a "bad" thing, in addition to Nauto having to rely on them more and more, especially since they're trigged by rage. Naruto's endless rage at Orochi for "taking" Sasuke only makes me think he's a brainless fool. Even Jiraiya mellowed out, even after Orochi killed the Third Hokage.
    Okay, I have a few complaints about this comment.

    WHEN WAS THE KYUUBI CHAKRA EVER GOOD? When Naruto could control limited amounts, sure, it was great. He could summon giant frogs and beat Neji. But when he was going BERSERK? It's ALWAYS been "oh shit" in those cases. The fear is that if Naruto uses too much of it, the Kyuubi will break free and destroy everything. The conflict is the way Yondaime wanted Naruto to be percieved (all the romantic, heroic good guy stuff that Naruto probably will be in the end) to the way he is now, which is a 15 year old boy who's had one HELL of a life and is quite frankly very prone to mood swings and extreme anger, on which I blame puberty.

    Quite frankly, I've ALWAYS wanted the story to take this turn, actively focusing on the very apparent dangers of the Kyuubi. Partly because I like when stories don't make the hero perfect; this is a very active and story focused danger to the hero's abilities, something I like a great deal.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

  2. #1542
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Himizujin_Eternia
    WHEN WAS THE KYUUBI CHAKRA EVER GOOD? When Naruto could control limited amounts, sure, it was great. He could summon giant frogs and beat Neji. But when he was going BERSERK? It's ALWAYS been "oh shit" in those cases. The fear is that if Naruto uses too much of it, the Kyuubi will break free and destroy everything. The conflict is the way Yondaime wanted Naruto to be percieved (all the romantic, heroic good guy stuff that Naruto probably will be in the end) to the way he is now, which is a 15 year old boy who's had one HELL of a life and is quite frankly very prone to mood swings and extreme anger, on which I blame puberty.
    You would want Naruto to be more of a Shounen standard? We're in the same situation with Naruto-Kyuubi as Sasuke is with the Cursed Seal, except that Sasuke has several other natural-born talents and Naruto has none. His entire childhood was fudged up by the Kyuubi, and his adulthood is only credible by using it's power. Take that away from him, and he's virtually a tamer version of Shinji Ikari; a pathetic, hated loser.

    Quote Originally Posted by Himizujin_Eternia
    Quite frankly, I've ALWAYS wanted the story to take this turn, actively focusing on the very apparent dangers of the Kyuubi. Partly because I like when stories don't make the hero perfect; this is a very active and story focused danger to the hero's abilities, something I like a great deal.
    ...in contrast to what? There isn't a single Anime story I can think of that has a non-flawed hero. They've all got drawbacks. Rather than have an internal weakness, why can't the villans rise to the occassion instead?

    Naruto has no special abilities. When will people understand that? All that makes him special is the Kyuubi; without it, he's an idiot who gets lucky a couple times and comes up with some good strategies. He's totally unreliable, which doesn't make for a good ninja like Kakashi. And Naruto's gunning for the title of Hokage? I'm sure we would all accept that he would be underserving of it.

    The only way I could see Naruto as redeeming is if the Kyuubi is stripped of him and he's forced to fight and train by himself, without its power. Then, perhaps, he'll be a much more interesting and deeper character.

  3. #1543
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default

    Naruto is in no way a Shinji Ikari, that's just insulting.

    Yeah, a lot of Naruto's strength relies on the Kyuubi, but I hardly think it's fair to say he only has the Kyuubi. Just because he's been bringing it out every five seconds lately (tsk tsk, Kishimoto) does not mean he's completely talentless. But not being a genius ninja is part of his charm. Hell, why do you think so many people love Rock Lee?

    note: after he sheds his skin (which I think is his own talent, very snake-like) Orochimaru says that Naruto is still below Sasuke . . . . . hmm . . . .

  4. #1544
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    Naruto is in no way a Shinji Ikari, that's just insulting.
    Haha, that was my intention, but I meant the manga Shinji, who is angsty one minute and bloody violent the next. Hahaha~

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    Yeah, a lot of Naruto's strength relies on the Kyuubi, but I hardly think it's fair to say he only has the Kyuubi. Just because he's been bringing it out every five seconds lately (tsk tsk, Kishimoto) does not mean he's completely talentless. But not being a genius ninja is part of his charm. Hell, why do you think so many people love Rock Lee?
    People like Rock Lee because he's extremely funny and a good fighter. How he became that way isn't really that much of an issue. However, if you remove Naruto's Kyuubi as a factor of power, Rock Lee is more talented than Naruto, and is much more capable of pushing himself. Naruto's goal is much more difficult in terms of "proving himself" to his fellow nins, but Lee is much more determined.

    Naruto himself is really a bad character; there's at least one additional character in the show that shares one of the traits that make people sympathize with Naruto, only they've handled it far better. Orphan? Sasuke. Talentless? Rock Lee. Outcasted? Chouji, actually.

  5. #1545
    johan strasni Majek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SLB, Slovenia

    Default

    SO if one character shares each his trait with another person that makes him a bad character? :huh:

    And you can't just remove kyubi and then compare Naruto with others, that's just stupid. Without Kyubi he wouldn't be who he is now, nobody knows how he'd turn out. He'd still be almost talentless but how he'd deal with it is up to imagination. One thing is for sure, he would definitely be able to control his chakra better.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |


  6. #1546
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majek
    SO if one character shares each his trait with another person that makes him a bad character? :huh:
    Huh? Where did that come from? <_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Majek
    And you can't just remove kyubi and then compare Naruto with others, that's just stupid. Without Kyubi he wouldn't be who he is now, nobody knows how he'd turn out. He'd still be almost talentless but how he'd deal with it is up to imagination. One thing is for sure, he would definitely be able to control his chakra better.
    Oh, I didn't mean edit the Kyuubi out of the series continuity in its entirety; rather, take a Habbesian approach and simply have Naruto lose the Kyuubi now.

    Furthermore, I do not see how Naruto's chakra control has anything negative to do with the Kyuubi; when the Kyuubi was sealed, Naruto had trouble using his own chakra because he relied on Kyuubi as a power source. Without the fox's huge influence on his own chakra stamina, would Naruto himself really have any redeeming factors?

    But really, you lot need not take my comments to seriously. I just personally think Naruto himself is a weak protagonist, especially in comparison to his Shounen contemporaries. There's really nothing special about him outside of his utter worthlessness and his infusion with the Kyuubi.

  7. #1547

    Default

    He'd still be almost talentless but how he'd deal with it is up to imagination.
    Maybe not. Wasn't the Kyuubi the thing that was inhibiting his powers in the first place? I think that if Naruto didn't have it, he would have grown up a normal ninja (not considering that Yodaime was or was not his father).

    Rock Lee is so awsome. He sucked at being a ninja more than Naruto did because at least Naruto could do all the magic tricks (however imperfect they may be. I'm probably just rambling here, but thinking of cute little Lee with his cute little braid...:steve: )

    Naruto himself is really a bad character; there's at least one additional character in the show that shares one of the traits that make people sympathize with Naruto, only they've handled it far better. Orphan? Sasuke. Talentless? Rock Lee. Outcasted? Chouji, actually.
    I gotta agree here. That's probably the reason why I don't like his character much.



    EDIT: Except I disagree about Sasuke. He should have taken Kakashi's advice.


  8. #1548
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo
    Maybe not. Wasn't the Kyuubi the thing that was inhibiting his powers in the first place? I think that if Naruto didn't have it, he would have grown up a normal ninja (not considering that Yodaime was or was not his father).
    Uh-uh, you're thinking of when Orochi strengthened the seal on Naruto's belly during the second trial of the Chuunin Exam. From then on, Naruto had serious troubles controlling his chakra, but that was because he wasn't used to not subconciously relying on Kyuubi. I originally thought that using the five seal technique was going to be part of Naruto's training during the timeskip; y'know, so Naruto becomes more independent of Kyuubi's power, instead of just using it as a crutch.

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo
    w.

  9. #1549

    Default

    About reasons why people like Rock Lee....The reason I like Rock Lee is because of the whole "hard work" thing.

  10. #1550
    johan strasni Majek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SLB, Slovenia

    Default

    Naruto had trouble molding chakra even before Oro put the seal on him. . And it was because of kyubi. The seal just worsened the situation.

    And my previous post was about how Naruto would become if the never waas Kyubi in him. Then you'd be able to compare him to others. But Kyubi made him what he is now and taking it away now wouldn't benefit him at all. It would just handicap him and Kishi hasn't shown the skills needed to write Naruto without Kyubi. Not to mention that the only way to remove Kyubi would be to extract it and that would kill him and he can't do another revival cause that would ruin this manga even more.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |


  11. #1551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kuro
    About reasons why people like Rock Lee....The reason I like Rock Lee is because of the whole "hard work" thing.
    the main reason why i love rock lee is because he has the most entertaining fighting style. definitely.

  12. #1552
    King C Cap'n Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Empire Porky Building

    Default

    Lee is a genius, but one of hard work and Taijutsu.

    Naruto is an awful main character.

    the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

  13. #1553
    johan strasni Majek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SLB, Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter
    Lee is a genius, but one of hard work and Taijutsu.

    Naruto is an awful main character.
    And a natural in Drunken Boxing. So much for talentless.

    Naruto is awfull yes and it's because Kishi just can't or won't develop him like he should and not because he'd be a bad idea. I mean even i can think of better ways of utilizing Kyubi chakra, new jutsus for him and cmall changes in his personality.
    I'm starting to think he doesn't like Naruto either and hasn't killed him off yet because they don't allow him to so he leaves him undeveloped and introduces new kickass charcaters and buffs the old "secondary" ones instead.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |


  14. #1554
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majek
    And a natural in Drunken Boxing. So much for talentless.

    Naruto is awfull yes and it's because Kishi just can't or won't develop him like he should and not because he'd be a bad idea. I mean even i can think of better ways of utilizing Kyubi chakra, new jutsus for him and cmall changes in his personality.
    I'm starting to think he doesn't like Naruto either and hasn't killed him off yet because they don't allow him to so he leaves him undeveloped and introduces new kickass charcaters and buffs the old "secondary" ones instead.
    Yeah, what happened to post-Rasengan character development? It looks like Kishimoto just turned Naruto into an attack-dog after his three year departure; all the other characters grew and got cooler, so why not him?!

  15. #1555
    mr chew asian beaver Mog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The High Seas

    Default

    You forgot about how all the other characters grew all cooler and stuff only to hardly ever appear, and now all we see is the one character who didn't grow cooler, Naruto, and it's just him going berserk all the time whenever someone makes an offhand remark about Sasuke's haircut or something.

    Plus, with maybe one exception, the new cast of secondary characters suck.

    But hey, oddly, I don't care. I just wanna see Naruto kick ass for some reason. Even more oddly, he very rarely does, so I treasure moments like these.

  16. #1556

    Default

    Even with all the complaining (I have my share too), the latest "berserk" chapters prove to be the most exciting so far. I couldn't wait to see what Sai will do in the following chapters. By far, his actions seem unpredictable. If Kishimoto has any hidden plans or preparations, it would be in this new character.

    Sakura owned again was pretty... lame. But I guess the battle wouldn't be too complicated with two persons missing.

  17. #1557

    Default

    I think sai is going to do one of a few things: somehow bring back orochimaru, sasuke or kabuto for some kind of torture or punishment(this seems the least likelky). He may have figured out where orochimaru's hideout and, while naruto is keeping him busy, he is going ahead to infiltrate for something and will encounter sasuke there and they fight and sai is horrible defeated and, literally left in shreds (that last part is just a personal preference, but he will be beaten). I had something else but it doesnt make much sense

  18. #1558
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mog
    Plus, with maybe one exception, the new cast of secondary characters suck.
    Sasori looked cool, initially. I think you're refferring to Yamato, though. If so...I agree. With the First Hokage's powers, it'll be fun to see Yamato pull a stunt along the lines of...

    Naruto: RAAGH!! I'm gonna KILL YOU UNTIL YOU DIE, OROCHIMARU!!!
    Yamato: Sit, boy.
    *boof*
    Naruto:...wtf?

    Haha, just like Inu-Yasha. What a laught that'll be.

  19. #1559
    Badass Hat
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On Luffy's Head

    Default

    Actually it makes perfect sense for Naruto to be berserk during the Deidra and Oro fights. Remember he lost it when he saw Gaara was dead. And as for Oro, Oro is going out of his way to provoke Naruto, plus Naruto is upset because he feels Oro is responsible for Sasuke leaving, and if Naruto kills Oro, then he can't take Sasuke's body.
    Let us hope Luffy does not copy one of Frankeys moves.
    Just imagine Gomu Gomu Coup de Poo...

  20. #1560
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default

    I too am miffed that Kishimoto seems to have halted Naruto's character development. It was a lot easier to like him when he was being developed. Orphan characters are a dime a dozen, but I always thought Naruto was handled well as one. Now . . . . he seems to have lost it. We haven't seen any real development since his flashbacks during the Sasuke fight. I don't really count his outburst when Gaara died cause that was just revisiting old material.

    Quote Originally Posted by changsho
    Even with all the complaining (I have my share too), the latest "berserk" chapters prove to be the most exciting so far. I couldn't wait to see what Sai will do in the following chapters. By far, his actions seem unpredictable. If Kishimoto has any hidden plans or preparations, it would be in this new character.

    Sakura owned again was pretty... lame. But I guess the battle wouldn't be too complicated with two persons missing.
    Plot no jutsu, my friend. Plot no jutsu. Or Plot-HOLE no jutsu, you could say.

    Sai is mysterious enough, but I don't like the character. Yamato is the best thing Kishi has come up with in a long while.

    And yes, I am VERY PISSED OFF that that great cast of secondary characters has been pushed out of the spotlight. They were what made Naruto great, what happened!?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts