Page 53 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatanaJon1.1
    Wow. Those are my thoughts exactly.
    Not just you; I'm guessing a great deal of Japanese, as well as Americans, believe Kishimoto has run out of ideas. That's death for a serialized manga, although Naruto has almost as much momentum as Dragonball to sustain "unlife," until the series collapses. I can only hope the current state of things is simply "Writer's Block," and not "Writer's End".

I was not a Naruto reader until abouttwo months ago, but I heard that Kishimoto took a week or so break before starting the Kakashi flashback, then took another week or so before starting the Naruto II Arc. That is, at least in my view, stalling for time.

Generally I hate it when anime series bring characters back from the dead (introduces a sense of 'immortality' to the series, which I hate.

I shall forgive it this time, however... for two reasons o_o

1. The old woman dies in exchange
    2. Garra was 3nd my favorite character (next to Kabuto [1st] & Obito [2nd]) :X

It better not happen again, though! Otherwise the series will become WAY too much DBZ XD

(sorry, I'm just not a DBZ fan X_x; I used to be when I was younger, but it just got too boring for me... I got tired of everyone comming back to life, dying again, and the continuous cycle...)

the bright side of all this is that now the narutards will admit that one piece is better than naruto!

i decided to not have great faith in the upcoming chapter every week, this way i can only be happy coz it's better than i thought or just say "i knew it would be shitty". this way, everything goes right. i just hope naruto doesn't fall as down as hunter x hunter...

well One Piece is better than Naruto but even in OP there should be more dead people.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Quote Originally Posted by Majek
    well One Piece is better than Naruto but even in OP there should be more dead people.
    Yeah. Personally, I feel a lot more respect for a character when they actually die doing something honorable for the main characters. (ex: I felt much more respect for Pell before I found out he was still alive.. same with Igaram) Same with badguy's though, they should die more often. Bums, they are all to lazy to die. XD

Naruto in general, though, is pretty good with killing people off (this is the first time I think the person we thought was dead wasn't going to stay that way) Countless characters have died througout Naruto, just not main charaters. (IE Zabuza, Haku, The 3rd, chunin examinees, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden Toast
    Naruto in genearl, though, is pretty good with killing people off (this is the first time I think the person we thought was dead wasn't going to stay that way) Countless characters have died througout Naruto, just not main charaters. (IE Zabuza, Haku, The 3rd, chunin examinees, etc)
    True, but One Piece makes up for Naruto's massive manslaughtering. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    Not just you; I'm guessing a great deal of Japanese, as well as Americans, believe Kishimoto has run out of ideas. That's death for a serialized manga, although Naruto has almost as much momentum as Dragonball to sustain "unlife," until the series collapses. I can only hope the current state of things is simply "Writer's Block," and not "Writer's End".

I was not a Naruto reader until abouttwo months ago, but I heard that Kishimoto took a week or so break before starting the Kakashi flashback, then took another week or so before starting the Naruto II Arc. That is, at least in my view, stalling for time.
    My sentiments. PLEASE let it be only writer's block!

Time skips have a 50/50 chance of being absolutely awesome or "the suckage" and Naruto is precariously leaning towards "the suckage." The first few post-time skip chapters were AWESOME (the end of the bell test had me hooting with laughter) but once the Sasori fight started everything started dragging down A LOT. It is definitely time to get back to Konoha and start something new. I don't care if they only have 6 months to get Sasuke back, I need some character development!

And actually that's one of the big things wrong with the current manga. Where did the FUNNY go!? Naruto hasn't felt like Naruto for months, and I think it's because there has been like 0% humor after the "Naruto is the only genin left" gag. Being a very tense and dramatic arc isn't an excuse either, One Piece is in one of the most tense and most dramatic arcs since Alabasta and Oda still manages to stick some funny in to keep it balanced.

*sigh* I think I'll go burn some more incense in ferverent prayer.

I'm currently listening to "Naruto's Main Theme". Boy, it made me remember all the good stuff about Naruto... I actually thought that it was really cool when he first conjured up Rasengan and kaboom-ed Kabuto.

Music gives hope... and I hope that the series can return to its former glory.

And about the humor being gone... Well, it's true. Instead, Kishi focused on the angst. Seriously, it's like the air they breathe.

*cackles* Yeah, they are kinda being over-angsty, aren't they? Although I can imagine a 15-year old acting like that, those pesky hormones and all that.

But after more retrospecting on the latest chapter, I conclude it's a nice little piece, it's just kinda stuck in a bad place. A chronic problem with Naruto, lots of scenes that are nice on their own, but the order they're put in kinda screws up the effect. And I can understand Naruto crying over Gaara, I did too. Gaara's too awesome to die. *cheers Chiyo*

And another quick thought on One Piece: While Oda does skip the whole "revival" issue by not having any of the characters die period, he doesn't skirt the issue altogether. I mean, Kuina, Bellemere, Usopp's Mom, Tom, Hiruluk's SUICIDE, all were dramatic and emotionally wrenching (although Bellemere and Hiruluk take the cake) and showed that Oda was not afraid of showing death. He just keeps it to the flashbacks. And I know that when Robin's past is FINALLY revealed, it will have dramatic and emotionally wrenching deaths in it too.

On the issue of deaths in Naruto:
    Haku's and Zabuza's death; I'm sure many people cried over it. I just don't like gender-confused characters (or their design). That's totally me. The deaths fit well with the story.

Sandaime's death is powerful. I like that part, although I thought that Orochimaru should've lost the use of both arms forever, not just temporary.

Neji and Chouji's "fake" deaths... suck. I mean, they have scenes with birds and butterflies and sunlight on the right places. For what? Not to mention it's cheesy. At least Pell's "death" is awesome XD

The death of the two Akatsuki: It doesn't really move the plot, does it? I mean, end result is: Gaara revived, but no Shukaku.... That's it?

The flashback deaths in the Naruto fits just well; Yondaime, Tsunade's husband and brother...

Hold on one second.

Gaara isn't crazy anymore, and that's how he became the Kazekage, right?

One half of what makes Gaara cool gone.

Now he's lost his sand powers?

Don't revive Gaara.....he's already dead.....

You want Naruto to cry again? O_o

after reading the chapter i really really hope that old hag dies. she should died at satori but nooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

I was really happy Gaara died. He was the most angsty and cliche character to have burst out of Naruto's net of stereotypes, and was cool only when he was still evil. Now Kishimoto tries to force emotion on me, and that kind of thing irks me so much it doesn't even matter if I liked Gaara or not. I still would have been ticked off by the utterly overdramatic responses to a character who died in the most anticlimactic way imaginable ages ago.

It just didn't work. In the slightest.

And to add? I really liked Chiyo. What does Kishimoto do?

God.

well at least Gaara won't have nifghtmares anymore :laugh:

as for him losing his powers, weren't those his mother's gift or smthng not shukakus?
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

When watching the dub the other night, I did realize how long it's been since Naruto has been his goofy and laughing self. That's part of what I liked about the series, Naruto could still laugh after his hardships. But now.... this change feels like something an american company would do (LOONATICS).

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by Majek
    well at least Gaara won't have nifghtmares anymore :laugh:

as for him losing his powers, weren't those his mother's gift or smthng not shukakus?
    Nope, the powers were from Shukaku. Yashamaru (or whatever her name was) admits that, after Chibbi-Gaara accidently beat her, that the whole mother thing was a lie, and that Gaara's mother really hated him.

the only thing that bothered me was how predictable this all was..and the way chiyo ba revived gaara..seemd kinda..undramatic..idk...the way the ld dude from dbz revived goku for the 3rd time seemed..cooler..

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by narutoandichigo
    Nope, the powers were from Shukaku. Yashamaru (or whatever her name was) admits that, after Chibbi-Gaara accidently beat her, that the whole mother thing was a lie, and that Gaara's mother really hated him.
    :laugh:
    Yashamaru was a DUDE!

Damn Kishimoto and his constant barrage of effeminate men
    Counting:
    Haku
    Yashamaru
    Sakon/Ukon
    Deidara
    Sasori

I'm not looking foreward to a revived Gaara. He won't have any of his Shukaku powers, or if he does (think of the symbiotic fusing of power that is happening to Naruto), he won't be nearly as powerful. It's also a bit of a waste... Gaara grew up feared/hated, and now the very object that made him an outcase has been removed. It's a bit like, "Gaara is fifteen years old, but those other fourteen years....well, let's forget about them, since they no longer apply".

Meh! I still cannot get over the negative effects of Kyuubi's chakra. Yes, yes, there's a one-in-a-million chance, and that chance increases ever so slightly the more outrageously berserk Naruto gets. As I said before, if Kyuubi could escape by simply overwhelming Naruto with chakra, that *somewhat* intelligent demon fox would have done that much earlier on in the story. At the very least, Kyuubi should have exploded out of Naruto (in physical, not "chakra" form) during the Zabuza arc. As far as I am concerned, the whole "losing control," thing is pathetic, and far too inclined to Goku's Oozaru transformation.

Thread Information