Page 212 of 301 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

  1. #4221
    got nothing loulou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I come from the land down under

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Just caught up with the manga. Am psyched to see team 10 getting some screen time since I'm apparently the only person who cares about them.

    And this is what bothers me: even if Chouji and Ino are minor characters with no prospect of character development - what's the point of bringing them to the battlefield if all they're going to do is stand around and watch Shika and Kakashi do all the fighting? It's so dumb. There was even the scene where Ino was like "let me do something" and Shikamaru shut her down.

  2. #4222

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Shika has always been like that, it seems. The same happend to Naruto during the sound/sand invasion arc. Shika only trust himself to do complicated stuff.

    Hopefully they save Kakashi in his little bind he is in. They were useful a little but not so much now. Ino located them and because of Chouji Kakashi was able to see that Kakuzu uses a earth hardening jutsu for his armor.

    Hopefully Chouji does his giant fist to punch Kazuku off of KAkashi.
    yeah im here

  3. #4223

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    And this is what bothers me: even if Chouji and Ino are minor characters with no prospect of character development - what's the point of bringing them to the battlefield if all they're going to do is stand around and watch Shika and Kakashi do all the fighting? It's so dumb. There was even the scene where Ino was like "let me do something" and Shikamaru shut her down.
    I think that Chouji and Ino will do something..... since kakashi is about to lose his heart and all and kakuzu is far from dead since the guy still has 3 hearts left.
    Last edited by WHITEBEARD~; December 23rd, 2006 at 02:21 AM.

  4. #4224
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    It's ironic the qualities people praise in Naruto are the same qualities people hate in Usopp. At the very least I'm being consistent and hating them both.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    Naruto with no skill? ummm, I wouldnt go that far at all. Besides Sasuke and Neiji, he showed the most skill out of the 12 genins. He would pretty much beat most of the 12 as well without Kyuubi.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to when you say "skill" and how you're measuring it. Are you talking about breadth of techniques, or difficulty? If the former, Naruto is still dead last since he's only mastered two 'advanced' jutsu and has competency with the basics; his contemporaries have only further pushed their basic training while excelling in various other jutsu of comparably advanced difficulty.

    If difficulty is the case, Naruto is at the bottom of the talent pool even with his mastery of Rasengan and the Kage Bushin.

    When Rasengan was first developed, it looked a lot like the Chidori/Raikiri were bastardizations/imitations of the technique, but as Kakashi demonstrated it's actually an improvement. Even then, Rasengan is only one form of chakra control, and it's a relatively simple one at that; what Sakura is using to amplify her strength is something forever beyond Naruto's level of skill.

    The Kage Bushin is only possible via Naruto's immense chakra reserves; the technique itself isn't that difficult, it's the management of chakra that makes it a jounin-level technique.

    So, basically, Naruto is a one-trick pony with Rasengan, which puts him behind the other twelve former Genin in terms of skill depth and breadth. Rasengan was impressive when Naruto first learned it, but if that's all he has now he's fallen behind again.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    His isnt tactical smart but he is battle smart for the most part. And is very clever. He is a quick learner when his heart is actually into something.
    I'm not sure about what's the difference between "tactical smart" and "battle smart". If you're referring to the latter as "instinct"...doesn't that make him all the more animal-like?

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    He has matured. He talks about becoming Hokage in the Gaara arc. He just doesnt shout it out foolishly like he use 2.
    Maybe because he's forgotten the goal because it's unrealistic? Luffy has already demonstrated the qualities necessary to become Pirate King; he can talk about it all he wants because it's not a factor of feasibility, just time. Naruto has never displayed the wisdom or leadership that would befit the title of Hokage; the only way he's improved himself is through strength, which would be best channeled in the village's interest through being an ANBU rather than a Hokage.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    He has the potential to be Hokage, I thought it was pretty obvious from the start. He learned a jounin technique in a matter of minutes. People complain about his few moves but every previous genin only had a few jutsus they used as well. As they get older, their jutsu stock would get wider.
    As I just pointed out, it's only a jounin move because genin/chuunin lack the chakra control to effectively maintain bushins, and even then Naruto isn't producing bushins because he has control, but because he has chakra to burn.

    Learning Rasengan was impressive, I'll give Naruto that. But one technique does not a Hokage make.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    He is a trained fighter because he has been trained to fight. He is not a leader yet but he can easily be one. He is a team player and knows how to use teamwork. He just gets too emotional at certain times.
    There's not much empirical evidence in the manga to support the idea that he's a "team player"; he cooperated with Sasuke well against Zabuza, but that's about it. What you think is team work is more along the lines of "handing off" duties, not unlike what happened in the Cell Games (Goku fights Cell, then Gohan immediately afterward - teamwork??). Such is what happened against Orochimaru in their first encounter

    He also has not displayed any leadership qualities or capabilities outside of his stubborness, which fools desperate people into believing he's confident in his abilities (when we have seen time and again that he constantly doubts himself). I'm thinking specifically of when Naruto was fighting Orochimaru in the Forest of Death; he wasn't charismatic, he was being stupid. Sasuke was the one who had collapsed internally and with good reason; as we saw in the case of Zabuza, Sasuke could keep his cool under pressure but not when that very attribute was robbed from him by Orochimaru.

    I would also disagree that becoming "too emotional" is a drawback; if anything, it's his greatest strength. But "being emotional" does not make a good leader.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    He is the exact clone of Jirayia in terms of personality. People grow up. He was 12 with no social skills and acted like a big brat. Maturity wise he grown alot in 3 years.
    Jiraiya himself noted he wouldn't make a good Hokage, which is why he went to search for Tsunade, aye? What does that say about Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    He doesnt want to beat Sasuke. He wants to help him.
    Two words: SLASH EMPEROR.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    Im sorry Terek but you are off-based with alot of your comments in the past two posts. Naruto was an idiot but no more of an idiot than Jirayia was when he was his age. Naruto has skill and is very charasmatic. Every character mentioned even the villians mentioned his power to change people.
    Oh, please. Naruto is a huge fudging loser and there's no better description for him. If you had evidence to refute my claims you would have cited them; instead, you offered a totally ambiguous/generic post that didn't draw on any specifics. Heck, you didn't even address the Kage Bushin by name; you just called it a jounin-level technique.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    And your comment about the third hokage was way off. Oro stated in his prime the third would of killed him. That is his opinion of course but it has been hinted the third was the strongest ninja in Konoha's history.
    ...but it's said the Fourth was the strongest ninja in Konoha's history. Then again, we've heard tales of the First and the Second being invincible too; maybe it's because they're Hokage!

    And Orochimaru has always been Kishimoto's bull beacon; everything he says is about potential in relation to himself, yet Orochimaru has a cockroach's vigor and never actually dies. I thought we'd finally see him get killed in the Sannin fight, but lo and behold we find out he's virtually immortal. With Hidan and Kakuzu's appearence, immortality isn't exactly something unfeasible for someone as ambitious as Orochimaru.

    Additionally, he commented that Naruto could kill him in his Four-Tailed state...yet Naruto didn't, and frankly I don't see how he could given his miraculous damage soaking ability. I honestly have no idea on how Orochimaru can be killed, since we've already seen an instance of a talking head. That is, barring the possibility of vaporization a la some Dragonball Z energy technique, which we actually got to see with Naruto's "chakra ball".

    Which was enormously creative, I might add.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    Naruto is learning jutsus that few people can dream of learning.
    Only if the world were populated by the retarded.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    And his skill is rather fluid hence what Kakashi said during the second bell test. Naruto has grown alot since the beginning of the series. He hasnt had a proper fight in part 2.
    'proper fight'? What would you call that Orochimaru skirmish? His melee with the 30% chakra clones? What about Deidara? Those are all legal fights and just because Naruto hasn't fought someone "out of the blue" like Kimimaro doesn't de-legitimize what he's accomplished. Talking about "proper fights" sounds a lot more like fanboy bastiching to me.

    But yes, Naruto has grown as a fighter. Considering he was behind everyone else in his class, it was a necessity. Surpassing "normal" ninjas, though, isn't something to brag about; he was never "normal" and can't be applied to their standard. He's got to surpass the best, and as of right now he's not even surpassed the mediocre. He's one of them.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

  5. #4225

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    The oro fight wasnt a proper fight. That was kyuubi fight imo. That whole arc was to show Naruto he shouldnt use the Kyuubi and he is learning to use his own power now. He just threw some punches at Diedra. He just rasengan Itachi and tried to fight off a gen-jutsu.

    Kakashi stated that the Rasengan is the highest form of chakra control. How is that simple?

    Yes, i pegged battle smarts as instincts. And we are classified as animals, if you didnt notice. :)

    He didnt forget his goal. He mentioned it to Kankuro when he was going to save Gaara.

    His team abilities were shown in the Zabuzu arc. The chuunin exam in the forest of death. The Kakashi vs itachi clone fight. He showed as much teamwork as anybody else. Kakashi pretty much drilled to them the importance of team work. The worked well together when it was needed.

    You are right he doesnt have any leadership abilities. But that can change with time, correct?

    Jirayia said that, you are correct. But what I have seen from him, he has made smarter decisions than Tsuande to me. Jirayia also has a different perspective than Naruto has. This was evident during the end of part 1 when Jirayia told Naruto to forget about Sasuke because he wasn't a true friend. Naruto is an idiot, but I believe he can grow out of that. But that is just my opinion.

    I am not sure what Slash Emperor is.

    You want proof that he is charmistic? Well maybe that is the wrong word, but people draw inspiration from him. And he affects people way of thinking. Oro spent 20 mins with Naruto in the forest of death and concluded that Sasuke had to get away from him ASAP. KAbuto also recognized this. He pratically changed Chiyo's view on Konoha. And he a freaking bridge name after him when he was just a genin in a foreign country.

    I agree about Oro being a bull beacon, possibly. But alot of that stuff is ambigous and is open for debate. Enma also hinted that Sarutobi could of beat Oro in his prime, but that is all but speculation at this point.

    Oro said Naruto energy blast could kill him if he got hit with it. Which he didnt, because he blocked it with his defense summon. Oro was amused by that whole fight.

    Kakashi pretty much said the 4th tried to learn this jutsu but didnt have enough time to complete. Naruto is on his way to completing it.

    Naruto is medicore, right now. There is no doubt about it. The difference between him and Sasuke was absurd during the last arc. Once Naruto learn how to not rely on Kyuubi he will be fine.

    I am not a big Naruto fan. At least not of the character, but he has potential to become Hokage. He just need to improve in some areas. His idoit moments seem to be more due to his childhood than his actual brain functions. He was very immature. He liked to joke around and wanted to attract attention to himself because everybody ignored him.

    I dont see how Ussop and Naruto are similiar. Ussop is a coward. Naruto has only been a coward once and that was the beginning of the wave arc. They are totally two different characters.

    Naruto is not behind the curve in terms of the other 12 former genin. The only ones who are stronger are Neiji and Sasuke. You talk about Naruto's lack of jutsu. But who besides Sasuke and Neiji, have used more jutsu's than Naruto? Shika uses his shadown imitation jutsu and his shadow bind jutsu. We only seen Ino do one jutsu. All Rock lee do is tai-jutsu and opened some gates. Chouji used meat ball attack, partial giant jutsu, full giant jutsu. Kiba pre-time skip pretty much used one jutsu. Ten-Ten used weapons. I could go on.

    I am not saying Naruto is some jutsu master but compared to the other former genin. He has just as many jutsus as they have.
    yeah im here

  6. #4226
    just like new Impel Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    a,e,i,o, and the rest

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    OH OH OHHHH! AWESOME SPECULATION IDEA!

    Okay, so, you know all the exploding tags? Well, once all the other hearts are dead, Shikamaru will set off the tags, possibly as a suicide mission, and blow up Hidan, thus blowing up Kakuzu. Then, all the pieces of Hidan will still be alive, but Kakuzu can't sew him back together, so it's the end for him. And Shikamaru might die.


  7. #4227
    johan strasni Majek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SLB, Slovenia

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to when you say "skill" and how you're measuring it. Are you talking about breadth of techniques, or difficulty? If the former, Naruto is still dead last since he's only mastered two 'advanced' jutsu and has competency with the basics; his contemporaries have only further pushed their basic training while excelling in various other jutsu of comparably advanced difficulty.

    If difficulty is the case, Naruto is at the bottom of the talent pool even with his mastery of Rasengan and the Kage Bushin.

    When Rasengan was first developed, it looked a lot like the Chidori/Raikiri were bastardizations/imitations of the technique, but as Kakashi demonstrated it's actually an improvement. Even then, Rasengan is only one form of chakra control, and it's a relatively simple one at that; what Sakura is using to amplify her strength is something forever beyond Naruto's level of skill.

    The Kage Bushin is only possible via Naruto's immense chakra reserves; the technique itself isn't that difficult, it's the management of chakra that makes it a jounin-level technique.

    So, basically, Naruto is a one-trick pony with Rasengan, which puts him behind the other twelve former Genin in terms of skill depth and breadth. Rasengan was impressive when Naruto first learned it, but if that's all he has now he's fallen behind again.
    Wait wait. Are you saying that at the basics Naruto is only competent? Based on what?
    And who else has mastered something that they haven't been taught by their parents since they were born as fast as naruto? So why does that rank him a the bottom?

    And if Rasengan is such simple chakra control why doesn't everyone use it? I mean shouldn't they all benifit from something so simple?
    Tsunades's stregth tehqniue is simpler that but it reuqires complete control over ALL your chakra, which it the only thing preventing Naruto from mastering it. Afterall its only a powerup that increases your crushing ability and only with your fists at that. Naruto's chakra infused blows may not crush rocks but they still do vast ammounts of damage.

    He's learned to manage his Kage Bunshins much better so it's not a matter of chakra ammount anymore so there's no reason to belittle his skills of chakra manipulation.

    If you look at it that way almost everyone of the former-Genins is a one trick pony. We don't know what they have learned other than more control over their clan abilities that can't be used to compare to other jutsu.
    Last edited by Majek; December 23rd, 2006 at 08:01 AM.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |


  8. #4228
    The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I hacked ultimateclima's account

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    Just caught up with the manga. Am psyched to see team 10 getting some screen time since I'm apparently the only person who cares about them.

    And this is what bothers me: even if Chouji and Ino are minor characters with no prospect of character development - what's the point of bringing them to the battlefield if all they're going to do is stand around and watch Shika and Kakashi do all the fighting? It's so dumb. There was even the scene where Ino was like "let me do something" and Shikamaru shut her down.
    Well Shikamaru doesn't want them to die, he always wants to protect the others. He's shown this quality even before the timeskip. He would handle it himself, and sure that's stubborn, but he wants to keep the game going without losing any more pieces.

    Shikamaru for Hokage FTW! In the end he could change the Hokage's room into a giant board game of Kohona.

  9. #4229

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Errr...did Kakuzu kill the First, or was that just Ino imagining things?

    Anyway, this was a great chapter, Shikamaru's mental abilities have once again proved to be invaluable. Another thing I'm a little confused about is Kakashi using a water technique without a source, isn't this supposed to be impossible unless you have a massive chakra reserve (ala Kisame or the Second)? Plot hole? Or was there a source that I didn't see.

  10. #4230
    just like new Impel Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    a,e,i,o, and the rest

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Well, they can always spit out stuff in jutsus, but it's harder to make waves and stuff without water.


  11. #4231

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    It's ironic the qualities people praise in Naruto are the same qualities people hate in Usopp. At the very least I'm being consistent and hating them both.
    Now you're being harsh. Naruto may be a mediocre main character, but he doesn't deserve to be compared to... that.

  12. #4232
    just like new Impel Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    a,e,i,o, and the rest

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Hey, Usopp kicks ass, I case you hadn't noticed!


  13. #4233

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    How can you compare Usopp or whatever (I try to forget guys like him) to naruto.

    Its madness.....
    Last edited by WHITEBEARD~; December 23rd, 2006 at 06:23 PM.

  14. #4234

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Nah Naruto is more like Ash Ketchum. Remember back in season 1 of pokemon where all Ash did was boast about how he wanted to be the world's greatest pokemon master? Now look where he's at it's season 11 and Ash no longer boasts about that dream not to mention hasn't made any progress at all towards his goal.

    Just like Naruto while being able to beat the crap out of people hasn't done anything truly worthy of the Hokage title.

  15. #4235

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
    Nah Naruto is more like Ash Ketchum. Remember back in season 1 of pokemon where all Ash did was boast about how he wanted to be the world's greatest pokemon master? Now look where he's at it's season 11 and Ash no longer boasts about that dream not to mention hasn't made any progress at all towards his goal.

    Just like Naruto while being able to beat the crap out of people hasn't done anything truly worthy of the Hokage title.
    If you ask me, Im glad naruto dosent say "im going to be hokage" every sec of his life.....and I dont think hes forgotten about that goal.

  16. #4236

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    You mean like Skypiea and the entire Inuyasha series.
    I don't want to enter this arguement, but I'm just going to say right now that Inuyasha sucks.

  17. #4237

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    You know, it's kind of ridculous to say that a bunch of 15 year-olds can or can't do something. They're the equilivant of kinds of middle school, so of course they aren't that close to their goals yet. Naruto learning something like Rasengan however, is a step in the right direction.

    And yes, I see the relation between Naruto and Usopp. Both have certain goals, and both their authors have made it seem like their goals are difficult if not impossible for this specific character. But, they both do these little amzing things every now and then.

    Also, if Naruto does master this jutsu that even the 4th (who seesm to be the greatest hokage) couldn't master, well, then it'd be a rocket boost towrds his dream. Plus, his learning of wind control might means that he might learn some more jutsus realted to wind.

    After this long training sequence, Naruto better no just have a rasengan upgrade. Unlike Akira Toriyama, Kisimoto forgot to make the training sequences actaully interesting.

    I mean, hitting a cricket with a mallet? That's genius for it's time.

  18. #4238
    Kelly Pavlik vs Bhop warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinoise

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    ENOUGH!

    I see enough usopp bitching in other threads! I don't need it in this one!!

    If you want to compare naruto on how he sucks I dont care though I dont want this to turn into another "Usopp sucks" or "NO usopp is the greatest in the world111" thread.

    anyway, I dont think naruto has forgotten his goal. He's just more set on his newer one at the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

  19. #4239

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Except that the only reason Naruto could master this jutsu is because he's got all that excess chakra from Kyuubi. It isn't natural talent it's just because he's got all that extra chakra to burn. That doesn't make him great or Hokage worthy. It just means he has more chakra than the fourth.

    Heck if Yondaime had Kyuubi in him he probably could have completed the jutsu too.

  20. #4240

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
    Except that the only reason Naruto could master this jutsu is because he's got all that excess chakra from Kyuubi. It isn't natural talent it's just because he's got all that extra chakra to burn. That doesn't make him great or Hokage worthy. It just means he has more chakra than the fourth.

    Heck if Yondaime had Kyuubi in him he probably could have completed the jutsu too.
    See, I hate people making all these excuses about these characters. If things were different, they wouldn't be the same. I get it.

    So what if Naruto has a little advantage? So do a lot of the other characters in this show.

    And we don't know how much chakra the 4th had either.
    Last edited by onemoment; December 23rd, 2006 at 08:26 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts