Page 211 of 301 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

Latest chapter was awesome. Gotta love Shika.

I think Naruto's forgotten all about Hokage since his lover's been taken by the big mean snake.

Seriously, he pretty much wanted to be Hokage to be acknowledged...... yet pretty everyone acknowledged him anyway. They acknowledged him as the demon-brat, they just didn't want to have anything to do with him.

Well that put aside, he's pretty much got what he wanted (attention and respect) after he defeated Neji so his main reason for Hokage became obsolete quite a while back.

Wonder why I never thought about this before, and besides don't you need to learn like 1,000 jutsus to become Hokage or was that some fanfiction shit I read.

The minute Naruto starts owning everybody like Luffy, he loses what little he has left of his underdog status. Oddly, part of the reason why I like him is that he sucks in fighting, and has to work much harder at it.

He usually wins in some extremely unrealistic fashion, which while you may say it's jobbing, it makes the outcome of his battles exciting and unpredictable (which I find to be lacking in most of the stuff I read these days). My logic is flawed and stupid, but I agree with it nonetheless.

However, having only 2 moves still sucks supreme ass tho. That is still inexcusable.

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

Interesting chapter. I might look into catching up with the manga.

The last time we heard about the Hokage goal was when he fought Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    I'd rather not hear it again, actually. Unlike Luffy, it was always a pain to see/hear Naruto talk about his goals since they seem so utterly unrealistic for him; at least the would-be Pirate King has the skills, confidence and mates to feasible accomplish his goal with a constant flow of enemies with varying difficulty and techniques.
    I agree. To me it would seem more tacked on if Naruto became Hokage. He's hardly done anything to win the love of anyone and frankly for him to suddenly do one act that makes everyone love him and become Hokage "five minutes" later would feel pretty crap and lame. I supose if he slowly wins their trust and love (like in "The Last Samurai") and, say ten years later finally becomes Hokage that wouldn't be as bad.

I have no idea how Naruto can realistically become Hokage without the whole thing coming off as completely forced and rather abrupt.

Yeah, same. It's just kind of odd how the character's main drive for the majority of the series has kind of... vanished for a new goal of "I MUST BEAT SASUKE!!!"

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    I agree. To me it would seem more tacked on if Naruto became Hokage. He's hardly done anything to win the love of anyone and frankly for him to suddenly do one act that makes everyone love him and become Hokage "five minutes" later would feel pretty crap and lame. I supose if he slowly wins their trust and love (like in "The Last Samurai") and, say ten years later finally becomes Hokage that wouldn't be as bad.
    While I'm not rooting for Naruto to become Hokage (but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen, whether it sucks or not) isn't Naruto kind of doing that already? He's won the respect of people like Neji, Gaara, Sakura, Tsunade, and most of the rookie genin. And frankly, if anyone knew that he was the one who beat Shushaku he would be the hero of the village already. Actually, it only takes one heroic act to win the love of the people sometimes, but yeah, that can't be all it takes to become Hokage.

However,I think that learning techs that the Hokage himself couldn't learn (wind rasengan) is kind of a sign of Naruto gaining Hokage-level skill. Naruto does all these supposedly "incredible acts" that make people think he's worthy of becoming Hokage someday.

And, why are we complaing that Naruto has "forgotten" his goal just cause he's stopped blurting it out every few seconds? It seems like he's just putting Sasuke ahead of himself right now.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geese View Post
    I have no idea how Naruto can realistically become Hokage without the whole thing coming off as completely forced and rather abrupt.
    The whole dream was forced, abrupt, and outrageous from the start. Naruto wants to be Hokage to show his village - not the world mind you, just his village - that he's more than just "a demon fox".

From the standpoint of the entire series, he's been nothing but "a demon fox"; perhaps not the vicious Western monster that we recognize Kyuubi to be, but an annoying and stupid trickster who isn't really capable of harming anyone.

...except he does harm people and is responsible for a lot of the shiz that went down in Konoha.

Mind you, I would point out that to become Hokage, the village has to recognize his merit first to elect him, not the other way around. So, the actual title itself is meaningless, and Naruto couldn't possibly master the necessary skills to live up to the Hokage title.

He's not a team player, nor is he a trained fighter or a leader; he's a beast, and he has traditionally fought like one. Someone like that needs to have a SERIOUS makeover to become even remotely befitting of a leadership role, and if we've seen anything it's that Naruto has actually gotten less capable of becoming Hokage.

Instead of developing new techniques during the timeskip, he's relied on his beastiality more. We've still got Kage Bushins, Kyuubi chakra doping and Rasengan; all of those are relatively simple techniques with simple applications at this point in the series. All muscle and brute with no brain.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

It's like the Ussop thread all over again.

so he wants people to treat him as a kid with a Demon fox in him

and not as an Actual Demon fox

this entire manga is based around Semantics..........0.o

Discovered Stowaway AnimeForever's Avatar

Hey

Sorry for more of my random questions but I was just wondering if there are any textless versions of the openings out there?

If so, please could someone upload them for me?

Please and thank you

Oh, and is there a good quality version of Opening 9 for download?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran View Post
    so he wants people to treat him as a kid with a Demon fox in him

and not as an Actual Demon fox

this entire manga is based around Semantics..........0.o
    You mean the entire Naruto world are nazi's against Jinchuuriki's?

In his defense, Naurto seems a little more skilled since the time skip. He's got al the basics down, what with the weapons and crap. Plus, am I the only one who thinks he's just a little smarter?

Also, speaking of Hokage again, doesn't Naruto also help people with their problems? You know, Gaara, Neji, and Tsunade.

That and, since he's like 15 or something, he has a lot of time left to improve.
    Last edited by onemoment; December 22nd, 2006 at 09:28 PM.

Immoral Combat

Well, considering his normal method of helping people involves beating them senseless, yeah, he does have room to improve.

Naruto with no skill? ummm, I wouldnt go that far at all. Besides Sasuke and Neiji, he showed the most skill out of the 12 genins. He would pretty much beat most of the 12 as well without Kyuubi.

His isnt tactical smart but he is battle smart for the most part. And is very clever. He is a quick learner when his heart is actually into something.

He has matured. He talks about becoming Hokage in the Gaara arc. He just doesnt shout it out foolishly like he use 2.

He has the potential to be Hokage, I thought it was pretty obvious from the start. He learned a jounin technique in a matter of minutes. People complain about his few moves but every previous genin only had a few jutsus they used as well. As they get older, their jutsu stock would get wider.

He is a trained fighter because he has been trained to fight. He is not a leader yet but he can easily be one. He is a team player and knows how to use teamwork. He just gets too emotional at certain times.

He is the exact clone of Jirayia in terms of personality. People grow up. He was 12 with no social skills and acted like a big brat. Maturity wise he grown alot in 3 years.

He doesnt want to beat Sasuke. He wants to help him.

Im sorry Terek but you are off-based with alot of your comments in the past two posts. Naruto was an idiot but no more of an idiot than Jirayia was when he was his age. Naruto has skill and is very charasmatic. Every character mentioned even the villians mentioned his power to change people.

And your comment about the third hokage was way off. Oro stated in his prime the third would of killed him. That is his opinion of course but it has been hinted the third was the strongest ninja in Konoha's history.

Naruto is learning jutsus that few people can dream of learning. And his skill is rather fluid hence what Kakashi said during the second bell test. Naruto has grown alot since the beginning of the series. He hasnt had a proper fight in part 2.
    yeah im here

He doesnt want to beat Sasuke. He wants to help him.
    That's just an excuse thrown in to make it look like this giant lame struggle has a point.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

You mean like Skypiea and the entire Inuyasha series.

your saying this struggle doesnt have a point?

I think it has a point. You may not like it, which you are entilted to your opinion but you cant say its pointless.
    Naruto doesnt want his friend lost forever.
    yeah im here

Thread Information