Page 201 of 301 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

  1. #4001
    King C Cap'n Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Empire Porky Building

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Hahaha. Well, keep in mind that in One Piece we just finished an arc featuring an assassination troupe that couldn't even kill 2 people.

    the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

  2. #4002

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    they could've killed everyone in water7 if they were ordered to

    EDIT: EXCEPT ICEBURG!

  3. #4003

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Hahaha. Well, keep in mind that in One Piece we just finished an arc featuring an assassination troupe that couldn't even kill 2 people.
    Keep in mind that their order was just to transport the 2 people to HQ... it just took them about, let's say a year to do it. <----This is in no way hyperbole.

  4. #4004
    King C Cap'n Carter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Empire Porky Building

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    I should've known that by introducing a One Piece example I'd be flooded with a barrage of excuses and "that's different because"'s.

    the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

  5. #4005

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Hahaha. Well, keep in mind that in One Piece we just finished an arc featuring an assassination troupe that couldn't even kill 2 people.
    Or the super elite national war level task force that is somehow unable to kill 50 fishnet stockings wearing bums and a gay bondage enthusiast.

  6. #4006

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    I should've known that by introducing a One Piece example I'd be flooded with a barrage of excuses and "that's different because"'s.

    That was in no way a defense of CP9, I was just trying to crack a (poor) joke. There are many flaws with the Enies Lobby arc, particularly when Robin is escorted to the bridge. Why did it take so long for Spandam to get Robin to the bridge? Why did the members of CP9 carry around the key that would free Robin, thereby endangering their mission? Why did they wait for the Straw Hats to come to them, when they could've just taken them out one by one? Why did they play around in their fights so much, aren't they a group of elite assassins? You'd think someone who has been trained to kill people quickly and efficiently, and who has killed countless people, wouldn't hesitate to dispose of their opponents.

  7. #4007

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Well that assasination technique sure as hell suprised KAzu.

    Naruto is the only ninja with bright colors, that is just the way he is.
    yeah im here

  8. #4008

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Well that's because Kakashi's the only REAL ninja in this series. I'm still not convinced that they should even be called ninja's. Heck they're more like plain old mercenaries or soldiers. I guess Kishimoto just called them ninja to appeal to little boys or something.

  9. #4009
    Discovered Stowaway paptschik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Austria

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
    Well that's because Kakashi's the only REAL ninja in this series. I'm still not convinced that they should even be called ninja's. Heck they're more like plain old mercenaries or soldiers. I guess Kishimoto just called them ninja to appeal to little boys or something.
    So?
    It's not like like there were any Samurai bigger than buildings (as seen in Kenshin) and I've never heard of pirates that most of the time do nothing but save whatever island they are currently on...
    paptschik and the quest for the lost signature...

  10. #4010
    Token Black Guy gaara d. lucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Usin items in Smash tourneys

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Gaara senses danger.

    Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

  11. #4011

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by paptschik View Post
    So?
    It's not like like there were any Samurai bigger than buildings (as seen in Kenshin) and I've never heard of pirates that most of the time do nothing but save whatever island they are currently on...
    Maybe those samurai hit puberty early?

    Besides it was just an opinion. No need to get so offensive about it and well I could point out that there are people who do think that One Piece pirates are more like pirates than Naruto ninja's are ninja's but that's a seperate topic altogether and I'm not in the mood to fight about it.

    Besides I've never heard of shinigami being samurai's either but there you go. I wasn't even trying to bash Naruto anyways I just don't feel they're ninja's that's all. They just seem more like mercenaries than ninja to me but as I said that's just my opinion.

  12. #4012
    Discovered Stowaway paptschik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Austria

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Well, you're right, they don't really are ninjas, I agree with you on that, I was just trying to point out that...well...it happens all they time. Manga-ka take something, be it ninja, pirate, shaman, shinigami or whatever and turn it into something people are more likely to enjoy/buy.

    I did not intend to start a fight.
    paptschik and the quest for the lost signature...

  13. #4013

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by paptschik View Post
    Well, you're right, they don't really are ninjas, I agree with you on that, I was just trying to point out that...well...it happens all they time. Manga-ka take something, be it ninja, pirate, shaman, shinigami or whatever and turn it into something people are more likely to enjoy/buy.

    I did not intend to start a fight.
    Ah well okay. I just meant that Kishimoto maybe shouldn't have called them ninja's. I mean he could have easily called them a village of mercenaries and it still would have worked out the same. I was mainly pointing out that they just don't seem like ninja because Naruto ninja do the exact opposite of what actual fictional ninja would do. I mean when I think of ninja I think of Ninja Scroll or Samurai Deeper Kyo.

    But that's just my opinion as I said and I'm glad we worked that out.

  14. #4014
    Token Black Guy gaara d. lucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Usin items in Smash tourneys

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Backpeddling again I see.

    Anyways, I like this Kakuzu guy and the current battle taking place. I knew this series still had some life left in it. Akatsuki is the best reason to be reading now (not that it's a bad thing).

    Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

  15. #4015
    Discovered Stowaway paptschik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Austria

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    Backpeddling again I see.

    Anyways, I like this Kakuzu guy and the current battle taking place. I knew this series still had some life left in it. Akatsuki is the best reason to be reading now (not that it's a bad thing).
    Depends on what part of Akatsuki we're talking about...Hidan and Kakuzu are great, but Itachi is...the only thing that's more annoying than Itachi is Sasuke or Sasuke and Itachi combined...
    ...
    And Deidara. I just don't like Deidara, but that's unreasonable personal hate, I just don't like that he looks like Ino's long lost sister....
    paptschik and the quest for the lost signature...

  16. #4016
    Token Black Guy gaara d. lucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Usin items in Smash tourneys

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Well, I'm nuetral on the whole Sasuke/Itachi issue, but I did always did like guys who used illusions and messed with people's minds. There just stock characters to me, so I can deal with 'em. But seriously, Akatsuki and CP9 need to get their own series.

    Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

  17. #4017

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    But seriously, Akatsuki and CP9 need to get their own series.
    There's only one problem with this idea: the characters are really boring. Sure, some of them may have the cool factor, but how long before it gets tediously repetitive?

  18. #4018

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by stingy View Post
    There's only one problem with this idea: the characters are really boring. Sure, some of them may have the cool factor, but how long before it gets tediously repetitive?
    What'd I'd like to know is... What's so cool about Hidan and Kakuzu badmouthing each other all the time? I mean their individual powers are pretty cool but I don't see what else is special about them.

    Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    Backpeddling again I see.

    Anyways, I like this Kakuzu guy and the current battle taking place. I knew this series still had some life left in it. Akatsuki is the best reason to be reading now (not that it's a bad thing).
    Backpedling from what?

    Gaara can't you go one day without being an ass? Because this crap get's old every single day.

  19. #4019
    Token Black Guy gaara d. lucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Usin items in Smash tourneys

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by stingy View Post
    There's only one problem with this idea: the characters are really boring. Sure, some of them may have the cool factor, but how long before it gets tediously repetitive?
    Yeah, you have a point, it would enventually wear out its welcome. Well then how about a mini-series? Around 10 chapters.

    However, I don't think CP9 or Akatsuki are boring tho. I love the interactions amongst the members themselves.

    Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

  20. #4020

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    That's the thing though, there really isn't any character interaction. With Akatsuki, it's just a bunch of guys that meet up once in a while and discuss business. With CP9, it's strictly business, no fraternizing. There is that Jyabura -Kaku and Jyabura-Lucci rivalry thing, but that's just a pissing contest. My friends and I do that all the time. Not literally of course.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts