Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

chibi15

In this chapter Shikamaru said "Everyone became a Chuunin except you(Naruto)"

So Everyone is a Chuunin.

Originally posted by chibi15@Feb 16 2005, 07:21 AM
    In this chapter Shikamaru said "Everyone became a Chuunin except you(Naruto)"

So Everyone is a Chuunin.
    [snapback]3546[/snapback]
    Oh, man that's rough!

Think about it, Ino became a Chuunin before Naruto. Poor guy. :( :lol:

Lots of people were angry about Naruto not being Chuunin, but let's face it, he wasn't there, so no promotion for him. I think it's funny how Naruto got left behind again, reminds me of my own experiences.

Well he has been training with Jiraiya, of all people. I mean, wouldn't one of the legendary Sannin be a better judge of just how much Naruto has grown in skill & ability over the last three years, rather than some silly romp through the jungle followed by a tournament.

I mean, Shikamaru lost his match to Temari in the third round, but he was deemed good enough to become a Chuunin by his peers for his display of skill & knowledge in that match. My point being, if Jiraiya felt Naruto's growth had easily grown beyond genin or perhaps, chuunin, couldn't he recommed that Naruto's rank be lift?

Seems like an overall better way to do it, really... just a thought. :mellow:

Yeah, Naruto's not had the chance to get a promotion. I'm certain by now that he could, though.

On the plus side, this means Hinata's a Chuunin! *Is happy*
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Sounds cool. Looks like I need to get caught up...

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Yes and Rock Lee is Chuunin! Somehow I can never see Lee as a leader of a squad. But hey, he's there.

Wha? People get angry over that?? x.x

Not me, I actually pity the poor guy.

I mean, he defeated the now Kazekage of the sand country. Yet his rank indicates he is no more talented than, say Konohamaru & his little ninja squad. :P

Originally posted by oceanizer+Feb 15 2005, 08:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oceanizer &#064; Feb 15 2005, 08:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wha? People get angry over that?? x.x[/b]

It happens every time a new chapter comes out. Someone finds something, it can be even the smallest of details, and complains about it. Ranting about how "Naruto is going downhill" or "I&#39;ve lost my faith in the series". They can&#39;t enjoy the manga because they&#39;re too busy criticizing it.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Battle Franky
    @Feb 15 2005, 08:00 PM
    My point being, if Jiraiya felt Naruto&#39;s growth had easily grown beyond genin or perhaps, chuunin, couldn&#39;t he recommed that Naruto&#39;s rank be lift?[/quote]
    Yeah, but I guess other people would see it as Naruto getting a free hand out while everyone else had to become Chuunin through the exam. It wouldn&#39;t be fair to all those who didn&#39;t get trained by a legendary Sannin. Personally, I wouldn&#39;t want to read another Chuunin Exam.

I&#39;m curious to see how Kishimoto will play this out.

The new chapter was entertaining, we got to see some cool Gaara action. I find it funny, really fitting, that Naruto&#39;s still a genin but a tournament&#39;s a really bad and over used plot device. Like Heretic said I really wouldn&#39;t care of reading another one and perhaps, at least I hope so, Kishimoto has a better plan or he just pass it by shortly.

That Akatsuki girl uses clay mixtures to create things out of....
    Cool.
    And Gaara&#39;s strength has increases by tons&#33;&#33;&#33;
    He crushed that girls hand with his Sabakukyuu&#33;&#33;&#33;

Wow, chapter is 248 was kick arse. The Akatsuki chick, has a fairly unique ability, but Gaara is unstoppable, especially in the sand village (sorta how Crocodile is extremely powerful in desert).

He seems to have a lot more control over the Shakaku demon, as he sends its claws after the girl & sends a massive sand storm after her, which ends up engulfing half her body & having it crushed in the desert coffin (a la Rock Lee).

But if she can roll with the likes of Itachi & co. well, I don&#39;t think she&#39;ll be killed off that easily.

orange

Cool

Yeah, 248 was good&#33;&#33; I love Gaara&#39;s new clothes. But what was with the random Naruto moment?

It was all: fight, fight, ramen stand, fight. :lol:

And Naruto is not the only one left as genin....Sasuke is too. :P I mean, come on, who&#39;s going to let Sasuke in to a Chuunin exam?&#33;

when does the new tiime begin (after the time jump)? I want to know which chapter to read to catch up.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Chapter 245 I believe was the beginning of the new era.

There has been four chapter since the time jump, from 245 to 248. And there was a short Kakashi gaiden before it which could be read stand alone, I think it was five chapter long from 240 and on.

Originally posted by orange@Feb 19 2005, 05:09 AM
    But what was with the random Naruto moment?

It was all: fight, fight, ramen stand, fight. :lol:

[snapback]4081[/snapback]
    That part was actually Iruka telling Naruto he was still genin & everyone had moved up to other ranks. :lol:

Wow, 248 was a great chapter. Gaara is awesome...again&#33; I really want to see what Naruto can do. But I also want to see what Neji and Lee look like. With Neji being Jounin and all, I really want to see what he can do.

That part was actually Iruka telling Naruto he was still genin & everyone had moved up to other ranks.
    Actually, they were more talking about Naruto&#39;s training with Jiraiya, and how strong he must&#39;ve become... And at the end, Naruto mentions Gaara becoming Kazekage, and Iruka tells him that&#39;s because he&#39;s a bit of an extraordinary kid.

Also, much late thanks for the link to that RAW site&#33; Nyu&#33;

Thread Information