Page 198 of 301 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 298 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

  1. #3941

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Naruto actually didnt have any real fights in Part 2 either. Oro taunted him and he got pissed and went 4 tails. That was not a proper fight. We really have no idea what Naruto learned over 3 years. He hasn't had the chance to show anything.

    We know he improved alot. Kakashi stated this when he sparred Naruto and Sakura all day. Naruto is pretty battle smart and do many clever things in his fight. Don't let the fillers cloud your mind. lol

    The Kyuubi was big in his fighting style. Now that he said he wasnt going to use that anymore, it should be interesting how he fights.
    yeah im here

  2. #3942
    Gomu Gomu No Murder Taleran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by paptschik View Post

    Outside of fights...they're both idiots, they're meant to be, it's shonen-manga humor, everyone loves it in One Piece, so live with it in Naruto.

    it has to be funny for that to happen which its not in Naruto

  3. #3943
    johan strasni Majek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SLB, Slovenia

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Anime fillers did the most damage yeah. Nonstop abusing the Kage bunshin and rasengan for every little thing did make us all hate it.

    Jiraiya might not have taught Naruto any new jutsus ( apart from THAT one xD ) but he did train him to improve all the basic skills top the fullest plus he gave him battle experince ( just like Ichigo got in bleach ) Now naruto just needs a real fight to show himself a fight were his emotions don't take over.
    Even if he uses only Kage bunshin and rasengan it can still be an entertaining fight.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |


  4. #3944

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Most of his non filler fights have been entertaining or at least interesting.

    That 4 tails vs Oro was a big WTF for me because it was so out there. Oro is not human in my eyes.

    Naruto is an idiot in a different way than luffy is. Naruto in part 1 was an idiot ninja, but who was clever in his own way. Naruto in part 2, he has grown a little but doesnt know some basic stuff like when Sakura had to scold him for not being ninja enough when they broke into Oro's hideout.

    And another thing Naruto was 12 and Luffy was 17.
    yeah im here

  5. #3945

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    I still don't think Luffy is stupid. I even looked up the word:

    1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
    2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.
    3. tediously dull, esp. due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.
    4. annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.


    It doesn't really sounds like Luffy. :I


  6. #3946
    Weekend at Porky's 2! Ruwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Funky Town

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    I still don't think Luffy is stupid. I even looked up the word:

    1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
    2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.
    3. tediously dull, esp. due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.
    4. annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.


    It doesn't really sounds like Luffy. :I
    Sounds like Naruto though :P

  7. #3947

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Now that's not fair, saying that Luffy's not that bright because he was unable to figure out that Sogeking is Usopp. After all, quite a few people in the forum thought it wasn't Usopp
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

  8. #3948
    Szayel is back! Killerfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a World...

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    I'll be pretty annoyed if Kakuzu dies, since he and Hidan have been two of the sole interesting things about the time skip, and he's ended up being my favorite Akatsuki member.
    Totally agreed. These two are the only Naruto villians I like. I'll be pretty annoyed if such great characters get killed off when annoying trash like Orochimaru gets to stay around forever.

  9. #3949
    johan strasni Majek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SLB, Slovenia

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    They're nothing special. There wouldn't work out in the long run. So if they die now it's for the best.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |


  10. #3950

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    I still don't think Luffy is stupid. I even looked up the word:

    1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
    This is pretty much Luffy in a nutshell.

    Like Taleran said, the only difference between him and Naruto is the fact he's stupid and funny while Naruto is stupid and annoying. That also has a lot of things to do with the fact Luffy often acts badass while Naruto just laments, trains, and makes zero progress.

  11. #3951
    Kaa-Kun Ohara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Urahara's shop

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!


    Naruto Wii, hope it is not old

  12. #3952

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Looking good. Not sure if that's a step up from the GC versions though as I never played them.

  13. #3953
    Fleetingly Opinionated Morgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Western Norway

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich View Post
    This is pretty much Luffy in a nutshell.

    Like Taleran said, the only difference between him and Naruto is the fact he's stupid and funny while Naruto is stupid and annoying. That also has a lot of things to do with the fact Luffy often acts badass while Naruto just laments, trains, and makes zero progress.
    That's a brilliant way to put it!
    I think that where Luffy has some new and distinctive advances that you can clearly see the effect of, or clear adaptation in battle, Naruto suffers tremendously from looking like they're learning new and cool tricks; the how, where and when to employ them gets heavily abused by never seeming smart/clever, or used ad nauseum.

  14. #3954
    Szayel is back! Killerfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a World...

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Majek View Post
    They're nothing special. There wouldn't work out in the long run. So if they die now it's for the best.
    I don't think they should last forever, just a bit more than 20 chapters.

  15. #3955
    Samurai Jack Mister_Anbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Michigan State University

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    I also like Hidan a lot, not so much on Kakuzu though.

    I'd also have to give the edge on smartness to Naruto. Luffy is more mature, and works on instinct. Naruto has done some very clever stuff in his days as a ninja. Kishimoto just overdoes his stupid outside of fights.

  16. #3956
    Token Black Guy gaara d. lucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Usin items in Smash tourneys

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Anbu View Post
    I also like Hidan a lot, not so much on Kakuzu though.

    I'd also have to give the edge on smartness to Naruto. Luffy is more mature, and works on instinct. Naruto has done some very clever stuff in his days as a ninja. Kishimoto just overdoes his stupid outside of fights.
    I agree completely. Kishi needs to stop going overboard with Naruto's stupidness. I know Kishi can do it as witnessed by the magic he works with Shika and other side-characters. If he put as much work into the 3 main characters as he does Shika, he won't have any problems concerning good character development.

    Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

  17. #3957
    Fleetingly Opinionated Morgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Western Norway

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    I agree completely. Kishi needs to stop going overboard with Naruto's stupidness. I know Kishi can do it as witnessed by the magic he works with Shika and other side-characters. If he put as much work into the 3 main characters as he does Shika, he won't have any problems concerning good character development.
    With or without realizing it, he might have simply grown more fond of the other characters and then it shows more. Or he's waiting for something. I don't know. I'm a Sasuke( and anything related to him ) -hater, and due to the other two team-mates incessant focus on him I've grown more fond of the others atleast :P
    I mean, how far can you develop the three main characters when they hover around "saving Sasuke", "rescuing Sasuke", and "freeing Sasuke". I don't know, I just know I'm probably blind to any minuscule development of theirs due to being largely fed up ;)
    He could be too afraid to do anything because the fandom will want to have his throat for dinner... who knows, but I do hope the current Naruto will grow to be more interesting.
    As far as his stupidity goes, yeah I kind of agree. Give him atleast one area where his brain shines where we can all see it. You know, as a light in the tunnel of sorts :P

    ( and I don't want the two cool villains to end up like a "Team Rocket of naruto" that is kept around artificially no matter how much I'd love them too :P )

  18. #3958
    Token Black Guy gaara d. lucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Usin items in Smash tourneys

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgh View Post
    With or without realizing it, he might have simply grown more fond of the other characters and then it shows more. Or he's waiting for something. I don't know. I'm a Sasuke( and anything related to him ) -hater, and due to the other two team-mates incessant focus on him I've grown more fond of the others atleast :P
    I mean, how far can you develop the three main characters when they hover around "saving Sasuke", "rescuing Sasuke", and "freeing Sasuke". I don't know, I just know I'm probably blind to any minuscule development of theirs due to being largely fed up ;)
    He could be too afraid to do anything because the fandom will want to have his throat for dinner... who knows, but I do hope the current Naruto will grow to be more interesting.
    As far as his stupidity goes, yeah I kind of agree. Give him atleast one area where his brain shines where we can all see it. You know, as a light in the tunnel of sorts :P

    ( and I don't want the two cool villains to end up like a "Team Rocket of naruto" that is kept around artificially no matter how much I'd love them too :P )
    I'm indifferent to Sasuke. I don't hate him, but I don't neccessarily like him either.

    You have a point tho, Kishi might just like the other characters better (I don't blame him because his side-characters are amazing). He seems to know exactly what to do when it comes to them, but when the main 3 enter, he falters. Who knows what's goin on besides Kishi himself? I still haven't given up, but I'm losing faith fast.

    Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

  19. #3959

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    In part 1, I liked what he did with Sasuke's character. He was interesting and had more layers than what people think he had. He had a goal and choose the best way he saw to accomplish that goal.

    Sasuke brooded alot in the beginning but that changed. He genuinely loved Sakura, Naruto and Kakashi. His talk with Sakura before he left the village, said it all in my opinion.

    Most of the genin were very immature and it showed alot in part 1. Look at shika in part 1 and the difference in part 2. Part 1 they grew alot because of the things they faced.
    yeah im here

  20. #3960

    Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

    Bijuumon gotta catch em' all!

    So is AL or Itachi the Ash Ketchum of the Narutoverse?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts