Page 197 of 301 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

I'm stupid, I assumed that there wasn't a new chapter of Naruto last week, and therefore read last week's chapter, thinking it was this week's.

If Kakuzu weren't an Akatsuki member, I'd probably describe that spoiler as pwned. He could be alive or dead, as long as the fight ends up being coherent and interesting, I have very few complaints.

I'll be pretty annoyed if Kakuzu dies, since he and Hidan have been two of the sole interesting things about the time skip, and he's ended up being my favorite Akatsuki member.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

After reading the whole chapter I get the felling the ending of Naruto will be Naruto and Sasuke holding hands and they'll say "finally we are together again", Sakura is left behind in the shadows with a disbelieve face

I know Naruto was a brain, but it seems now it's Naruto's turn for Sasuke this and Sasuke that (is Naruto replacing Sakura in this field ?)

What I really want is to see more Kyuubi action and know more about it (and eventually Kyuubi taking over Naruto's body)

Kno©kin' Øn He@vên'§ ?oo® Slowymobile's Avatar

well after reading the latest chapter.. this is how i think Hidan will die... if he does that is...

*spiolers maybe

well.. Hidan is supposedly immortal... but if his curse is used on himself... i reckon he would die.. Shika has him binded and Kakazu juz got pwned

so all Shika hasta do is make Hidan cut himself drink his blood and perform the ritual..

Thanks terri for the awesome sig!! Your awesome!!

I know Naruto was a brain
    Wow. never knew that.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

I always thought that Fire was stronger than Wind. I mean granted that a tornado would probably blow away a medium to big-sized fire (forest fire maybe), but in terms of this near-even strength Sasuke should have the advantage in this "element" game.

Also when the hell was lightning ever the superior to earth? Isn't earth considered an insulator? I'm pratically clueless in all fields of science so can someone clue me in.

No you were right. Kishimoto's just trying to appear unique with the elements thing.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Kishimoto should have probably said that even though earth is strong against lightning, a concentrated burst of lightning can penetrate through anything (ala Gash Bell).

That's one thing I never got in the Luffy/Eneru fight. Eneru could have easily burned Luffy's body to nothing by firing laser-type lightning bolts using his finger or something.

I guess that's shounen for you, just doing what you have to do to advance the story.

But for this chapter, the lightning vs. earth thing aside. The final shot with Kakashi piercing whatever his name is was pretty awesome. Best freakin artwork in awhile.

Comment on Naruto's intelligence........ it has to be freakin zero. I mean for a ninja to not know why wind + fire equals bad and water + fire equals good is practically retarded!!!!!! Even Gon, Luffy, and Goku are smarter than this blond dud!!!

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeNewtype101 View Post
    That's one thing I never got in the Luffy/Eneru fight. Eneru could have easily burned Luffy's body to nothing by firing laser-type lightning bolts using his finger or something.
    It's Devil Fruit "magic" so it's permittable; we know nothing about how Luffy's body structure was changed after eating his fruit. When he used Gear 3, we found out; he's got hollow bones.

That are connected to his lungs. Apparently. >.>;

However, this...Kishimoto's applying a whole new ruleset to Naruto while pretending it was always there. It's retroactive bullcrack, and reminds me too much of Pokemon. Not that Pokemon sucks, but, Naruto is supposed to be better.

Comment on Naruto's intelligence........ it has to be freakin zero. I mean for a ninja to not know why wind + fire equals bad and water + fire equals good is practically retarded!!!!!! Even Gon, Luffy, and Goku are smarter than this blond dud!!!
    Goku is pretty dang smart; if he got into the academic game he'd probably be an above average if not excellent student. Not a scholar like Gohan but he'd do really well; people think he's thick because, quite simply, he's uncultured.

Luffy is the genuine deal, though; dumb as a rock. But he's a good fighter, so he doesn't need intelligence.

Naruto is supposed to be smarter than either of them since he's getting schooling, but empirical evidence cites him as far dumber than we would have thought.

So,

Goku > Naruto > Luffy
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

we should find someone to read through the manga again to check this elemental crap

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Luffy is the genuine deal, though; dumb as a rock. But he's a good fighter, so he doesn't need intelligence.
    I don't know about that, I mean if he was truly that stupid then he wouldn't have been able to defeat true geniuses like Kuro and Crocodile. In the fight against Crocodile he figured out that liquids was Crocodile's weakness.

I highly doubt that Naruto would have been able to figure that out. He probably would have just used Kage Bunshin and Ransengan over and over.

Luffy might be completely stupid in the worldly and social sense but dang at least he would be able to figure out the complexities of battle. I mean for a ninja, Naruto completely fails. Not even knowing why water trumps fire........

IMO, Goku > Luffy >>>>>> Naruto.

I mean comparing Luffy to Naruto. Luffy who's able to come up with pratically new uses for his power in every battle, and two new battle modes in a few weeks. Naruto, who after 3 years of traveling with a super-prodigy like Jiraiya is practically the same idiot who knows less than your basic genin and is still using the same two attacks over and over and is only now coming up with a single new attack which will undoubtly get spammed to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post

Goku > Naruto > Luffy
    I think it should be Goku > Luffy > Naruto

Luffy seems to be more smarter then Naruto

Regarding Naruto's brain of course he was one although it's so small it hard to notice it (and most of the time the Kyuubi does the thinking part for him)

And the elements thing it's Kishimoto's law of element so it seems

I think I'd put Naruto before Luffy. Due to the simple fact that Luffy is unable to recognize Ussop as Sogeking. Whereas Naruto seems to atleast have common since.

Anyways, I don't remember the whole elements deal seeing as how I'm always forgetting stuff. So it may or may not have been in there previously. I do know that it wasn't nearly as important as it is now. I don't too much mind the Pokemon/elements thing tho, if it'll help Kishi get out of his slump, I'm all for it.

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

I don't think Luffy is dumb, he's just simple. He understands well enough if something is explained out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    I don't think Luffy is dumb, he's just simple. He understands well enough if something is explained out to him.

Oh so it's a Mystery *insert random word*.

Semi-Active, Enerette Fan! Pesola's Avatar
    Finland the contry of ice and snow, Kemi, the citiy of S*** at nowhere. Tough proud of it!

That is IF he cares for it... For example I should say the time they got Merry, when the... goat guy (was it Merry or something btw?) gave them Merry and tried to explain some ship thing to Luffy... I doubt he had a freaking glue about that...

But as for the pawn meter (?) I would still put Naruto after Luffy. Maybe cause Luffy can actualy learn something and use it sometimes quite usefully...

My toughts:
    Goku > Luffy > Naruto...

Well the point of Goku being the first is proven by others alraedy... As for putting Naruto after Luffy is just simple.... Naruto is dumber than a rock... Luffy is just dumb as a rock. XD

Discovered Stowaway

I have always felt that Luffy is somewhat of an evil genius. He is not well educated, but he knows a lot more then he lets on. Sort of like how Shanks acts like a pushover most of the time so that people won't be overly intimidated by him.

A lot of Luffy's supposed stupidity is basically done by Oda for the sake of humor, but in the more serious parts of the manga he has always shown himself to be quite smart and resourceful.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

That's basically Goku, but by Oda and Luffy's own admission, Luffy himself is stupid.

I don't know about that, I mean if he was truly that stupid then he wouldn't have been able to defeat true geniuses like Kuro and Crocodile. In the fight against Crocodile he figured out that liquids was Crocodile's weakness.
    Let's exclude "fighting genius" from discussion, since that tends to apply to all shounen heroes.

I highly doubt that Naruto would have been able to figure that out. He probably would have just used Kage Bunshin and Ransengan over and over.
    But Naruto mastered the Kage Bushin no Jutsu, which is an advanced form of his formerly worst jutsu, in the space of thirty minutes.

I mean comparing Luffy to Naruto. Luffy who's able to come up with pratically new uses for his power in every battle, and two new battle modes in a few weeks. Naruto, who after 3 years of traveling with a super-prodigy like Jiraiya is practically the same idiot who knows less than your basic genin and is still using the same two attacks over and over and is only now coming up with a single new attack which will undoubtly get spammed to death.
    That's probably Jiraiya's fault, not Naruto's. The fabled Janken comes back to haunt us; Ebisu is a better teacher than Kakashi, Jiraiya is a better teacher than Ebisu, but Kakashi is a better teacher than Jiraiya.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Lets get one thing straight the elemental crap doesnt mean one person is stronger than the next. It just means certain jutsus work well against certain other jutsus.

The Sarutobi vs the 1st and 2nd kind of touched on it, at least in the anime.
    Sarutobi used a fire jutsu. The 2nd used a sution to attack . Sarutobi blocked with a doton. Than the 1st, did a tree jutsu to break the earth. Sarutobi protected himself with his summoned enma diamond cage.

Most other elemental battles have been element vs the same element. Oro used a wind jutsu vs Sasuke but Oro wasnt taking the fight serious and end up getting burnt in the end. Because of the sharingan wires, Sasuke used.

I dont find all this too out of nowhere because most of us figured out that element jutsus had its weakness and strengths.
    yeah im here

I don't get it..people say Luffy is smart because he found a way to defeat Crocodile...okay, going by things that happened ages ago, what about Naruto saving Kakashi from Zabuza? THAT was pretty damn smart.
    Same with Naruto kicking Neijis butt.
    Or most of the Naruto vs. Kiba fight.
    Sure, Part II Naruto is dumb, but that's because Kishi hasn't managed to make up a decent Non-Shikamaru-involving fight ever since that Super Naruto vs. Gay-Bat-Sasuke crap....

Outside of fights...they're both idiots, they're meant to be, it's shonen-manga humor, everyone loves it in One Piece, so live with it in Naruto.
    paptschik and the quest for the lost signature...

Thread Information