Page 19 of 301 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

I'm not insinuating that. I was a little bit huffy; it seemed like you were missing what felt like obvious plot points to me. I guess I was wrong about them being obvious. My apologies.

As for what you feel... suit yourself. I personally feel it hasn't changed much at all.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Well,seeing Kisame getting beat up is painful.
    Is Gai now faster than Lee?

Monsieur Orange

That was one of the best chapters I've enjoyed in a while, because I've wanted Gai to have a real fight for ages (and going straight into opening the gates was pretty brilliant).

I think the manga is starting to pick up the pace again and I've started to look forward to new chapters again. I like the idea of Itachi going blind, too.

Originally posted by Himizujin_Eternia@May 6 2005, 03:38 PM
    I'm not insinuating that. I was a little bit huffy; it seemed like you were missing what felt like obvious plot points to me. I guess I was wrong about them being obvious. My apologies.

lol gomen i didn't want to look angry or anything :P

well, you know i'm a bit frustrated because i think that the time skipping make us know that they're all mega strong but don't know why or how. i really enjoyed that progression in the first part, with all this naruto training or that kind of things.

but i totally understand that the skip time was an obligation, because without that it would have been crazy if they were able to defeat akutsuki or orochimaru at their level at the end of part 1

I agree that part 1 was better, there's something just not quite right about the manga right now. Kakashi's backstory was awesome, and the time-skip had a very good start with the bell test, but now . . . . . I'm not feeling the characters other than Naruto and Gaara. I wish Kishimoto would sit back and explore the characters a little more.

Originally posted by Cap'n Carter@May 5 2005, 07:00 PM
    Any idea what asakujaku means? From some of the replies here and the attack shape, I'm guessing it has something to do with Peacocks... and I think "jaku" refers to youth or youthfulness.
    [snapback]43093[/snapback]
    Asakujaku means "morning peacock." I dunno why the "morning" part is in there, but that's what the kanji is.

That's what flashbacks are for. ^^

Seriously, the manga's always done this sort of thing. The first part began at what I consider to be a halfway point, the other half being all the events before Naruto graduated, which, as we have seen from flashbacks towards the end of the arc, are just as important to the story, but not necessarily the most valuable thing to show at the start.

I actually LIKE how Kishimoto didn't do another training arc; although the two other training segments we've seen (Summoning and Rasengan) did provide some insight into NAruto as a character, for the most part I found them kinda boring until Naruto actually produced some results. And those arcs took a month and several months in-world time. Imagine how long a 2.5 year long training arc would last.

As for exploring characters a bit... I do agree on that. I am seeing some signs in Sakura, but for the most part, there hasn't been too much.

Originally posted by Himizujin_Eternia@May 6 2005, 06:25 PM
    That's what flashbacks are for. ^^

And those arcs took a month and several months in-world time. Imagine how long a 2.5 year long training arc would last.
    let's hope the flashback's won't last several months in-world time too :D

I don't need a training arc *shudder* but . . . even something like Naruto sitting back and having a bowl of ramen while talking to Shikamaru would have been nice.

I particularly want to see how Team Gai has developed in the past three years. Not in terms of fighting, but in their personalities. I don't expect any large changes, but they can't go without changing at all.

There's plenty of time AFTER the mission for development.

Originally posted by Forte EXE@May 6 2005, 09:42 AM
    Well,seeing Kisame getting beat up is painful.
    Is Gai now faster than Lee?
    [snapback]43428[/snapback]
    Why wouldn't he be? He's a jounin, probably 100% better than Lee in every aspect.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Yeah Lee hasn't caught up to his master yet. As much ass Gai kicked in the latest chapter, I'm kind of sick how in the last couple of fights in Naruto from the rescue Sauske arc the protagonist is getting his ass handed to him only to pull out a super secret move packed with chackra to win the fight. Don't get me wrong though, I'm getting sick of these kind of fights in just about all anime/manga.
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    - Ellen Goodman

Mr Anderson, How Amusing thelousy's Avatar

well...its these new manuveurs which keep naruto fanatics more interested...its like OMG! gai juz opened the sixth gate!explosion of fist = pwnage! or omg!naruto juz rasengened itachi! but its not about the fights...its about the story line...i'm seriously getting worried that gaara is going to become a normal human...no more squashing the bug :(
    Signature removed by Pepsi. (I was Pepsified. xD)

Nami

News on the Naruto dub from Anime Insider

It says that Shopro will air Naruto in September, and the first DVD will be released in December. Although the Toonami version will be editted, the DVDs will supposedly be purely uncut. Shopro's reason for putting it on Toonami and not on Adult Swim is to boost the show's popularity.

Things that will be cut out or editted are as follows:

Any blood that flows out of a character (except for when Naruto stabs his hand).
    Zaku's exploding joints in episode 40.
    Sasuke's throat full of needles in episode 16.
    Any cussing.

Things that will not be cut out or editted are as follows:

Naruto stabbing his hand.
    The Sexy no Jutsu.
    Blood that does not flow out.

Also, all of the ninja moves will keep their original Japanese names! (Such as: Kagebunshin no Jutsu, Sexy no Jutsu, etc.)
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    If this is truely true, then the Toonami Naruto will be great,
    and it'll get the respect it deserves!!

Unlike 4K!ds One Piece... Rubber knives anyone?

The Naruto voices could still be bad though. :(

Save your praise; Japanese attack names said in English are usually marred. :P And there's the chance of the voices sucking. But hey, at least it'll be better off than OP, otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Originally posted by Nami@May 11 2005, 01:14 AM
    Zaku's exploding joints in episode 40.
    [snapback]46176[/snapback]
    But that was Shino's big moment of badassery, then he disappears for another few hundred episodes.

Mmm, anyways it seems lke they're being a little more liberal with the edits than say 4Shame, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Y'know, that is pretty damn good. Sure, the attack names will sounds strange when said by english VAs, but at least we don't have to hear some prat voicing Neji or Hinata saying "Evil Eye." The edits don't bother me much at all; Naruto isn't a hugely bloodly anime most of the time, and "cussing" is subjective to the native language. Pincushion Sasuke will look a little funny, but whatever.

Now, here's hoping for semi-decent VAs! *prays in vain*

i watched the special konoha sports yesterday and this is definitely the worst naruto thing ever.
    no interest, no story, bad drawings.
    the only good joke is the people waiting to got to the toilets. kisame in konoha, no pb!

Yeah,you noticed him and Itachi too huh?
    Look carefully and even more characters appear like the Mizu Bro's and the Sand trio.

Originally posted by Forte EXE@May 11 2005, 10:35 AM
    Yeah,you noticed him and Itachi too huh?
    Look carefully and even more characters appear like the Mizu Bro's and the Sand trio.
    [snapback]46696[/snapback]
    yeah i did see them too but i was too lazy to write their name here. B)

Mr Anderson, How Amusing thelousy's Avatar

i seriously hope they do not remove the nose bleeding from the people who faces the jutsu to own them all! (harem no jutsu!) i believe that's the part which is hilarious at the beginning
    Signature removed by Pepsi. (I was Pepsified. xD)

Thread Information