Page 189 of 301 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 289 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

I doubt it, the rest of the arcs until part 2 were good. Stuff got way better after the Chunin Exams. Part 2 is were the series faltered.

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    Watching the Neji vs Naruto fight in the dub made me realise how outclassed Naruto was. I liked the fight, but it was job aura everywhere. But it did help me rediscover my love for this series.
    Sort of like all of Lee's fights in a way... Except even with jobber aura Lee always loses.

I doubt it, the rest of the arcs until part 2 were good. Stuff got way better after the Chunin Exams. Part 2 is were the series faltered.
    I found everything after the Chunnin arc to be kinda retarded.

Preference I guess.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    I found everything after the Chunnin arc to be kinda retarded.
    You thought the Akatsuki + Sannin arc was dumb? I would agree it wasn't as good as the Chuunin Exam, but it was a pretty good follow up (at least in the anime) with an impressive battle to wrap things up.

Now, the "Rescue Sasuke" arc is a whole different kettle of fish.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Yeah, I found Naruto to be great up until the Sasuke Retrieval Arc; Tsunade's arc had one of the best wrap ups in the entire series (the Sannin fight).

Indeed, Tsunade Arc was fun as hell IMO. That Sanin fight was one of my most famous battle of all time.

I personally enjoyed 90% of Part 1, but that's just me. I know most hate all of it, but it's all preference.

Don't flame me for this but, I thought the Sasuke Retrieval Arc was decent. I rank it fourth or fight within the sereis. But I'm an odd guy tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    You thought the Akatsuki + Sannin arc was dumb? I would agree it wasn't as good as the Chuunin Exam, but it was a pretty good follow up (at least in the anime) with an impressive battle to wrap things up.
    I found it kind of pointless, to tell you the truth. The Itachi bits were pretty interesting, but the Sannin part was kind of corny. :I And Orochimaru still lives on, even with no arms against two other ninjas of his calibur.

Sasuke-in-a-bucket arc was better I thought (minus the ending), just because we got to see our favorite leaf guys do some new techniques.

I didn't like those last 2 because the Saanin was there so that he could "kill" people in the next arc.......

The Sasuke Retrieval fights just didn't interest me very much, the only part I really liked a lot was when Lee used Suiken against Kimimaro, one of these days he's going to win a fight. >_>

Jiraiya and Tsunade are two of my favorite characters, and the Sannin arc allowed them to show off some of their skills.

I did like the Sasuke-in-a-bucket arc, just not the parts that actually involved Sasuke. I liked the other fights though.

Sannin arc was meh for me, just didn't cut the mustard I suppose.

The chunin arc is still my favorite, mostly because it introduced a lot of the characters that rock and it had some really good fights *Gaara vs. Lee*

And all the arcs are better than Naruto learns pointy rasengan arc.
    "I know I shouldn't cry over spilt tea, but...*sniff*...it's just so sad!" -Iroh

"Hold on guys, I think I'm a moron." -me

I liked Naruto up till the end of Kakashi Gaiden... Now I actually wonder what happened to Kishimoto's creativity when he started Part 2.

could someone explain what they found pleasing about Rock Lee vs. Gaara because I've seen and read the fight and I just don't get it

oh and this would be the best plot twist in Naruto EVER

Last edited by Taleran; November 19th, 2006 at 06:50 PM.

Quite simple... Manga wise fans believe Lee to be the ultimate badass even though he actually loses every fight.

Anime wise the animation was just pretty.

I liked the Gaara vs Lee fight because it was ever changing. They kept pulling out trump cards. It kinda set the bar of what the Naruto characters are capable of. Aethos is right about 1 little thing, the animation of the fight is quite good., it was just so well choreographed.It was just an all-around sick fight IMO, not my favorite tho. This is just my opinion

@Taleran: You drew that? The artwork looks pretty good, you may have a future in art dude.

no I didn't but I couldn't find the source

the thing I hated about Gaara vs. Lee probably is by the end Lee did more Damage to himself than he did to his opponent and almost even than Gaara did to him, that and I like fights where both participants move around

I'd agree with that statement as that is only real flaw I see in the fight. Gaara should've moved around a lot more instead of just standing there and throwing sand.

are we again to say which parts we prefered? i'm pretty sure you can read the exact same posts a few pages back.

if the anime's gonna switch to next gen soon, it might be good, because naruto has always been better animated. then maybe i should stop reading the manga, which leads me nowhere but to bash kishimoto each week.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    I liked the Gaara vs Lee fight because it was ever changing. They kept pulling out trump cards. It kinda set the bar of what the Naruto characters are capable of. Aethos is right about 1 little thing, the animation of the fight is quite good., it was just so well choreographed.It was just an all-around sick fight IMO, not my favorite tho. This is just my opinion
    Am I one of the only people in the world who didn't like that fight? It looked like something straight from the pages of Akira Toriyama's DBZ, what with Lee's gate release imitating Kaio-Kan or SSJ and the whole weighed limb issue stolen from Roshi's training style. All Gaara did was defend; Lee basically beat himself up.

Not to mention Taijutsu is just a fancy word for "indiscriminate grappling".
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

No, Terek you're not alone. There are definitley people who hate that fight.

I agree that it seemed like Lee was beating himself up. And like I said, it would've been better if Gaara moved around more. It's not my favorite fight in the least tho, It's just in my top 50, but nowhere near my favorite.

Also about Lee's gates being Kaoken ripoffs, Isn't Luffy's Gear 2 the same thing? I get what you are saying, but they are really no different when you really think about. They are both inspired by Goku (possibly even before him). Gears and Gates are both quite cliche

Thread Information