Page 18 of 301 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

KISAME,NOOOO!
    Well,I'm joining the "Naruto's under genjutsu" camp too.
    Is he gonna stand and stare there all the time?
    Well...I think Itachi needs GLASSES.

I just got done watching episode 133.

Although the character design looked a little funky, the action sequences in this episode were freaking INCREDIBLE. First, it made it through three manga chapters, WITH some filler combat, making it incredibly fast paced. Next, the action simply looked damn cool (especially Naruto's coolest ever (and most effective) kage bunshin swarm, and the fun they had with the bubbly Kyuubi aura of happy doom.) Finally, it looks like this battle will end next episode, meaning we're gonna get ANOTHER fast paced episode next week.

I have happy.

Edit: Wow, I sound rather fanboyish there. But there's no denying that episode was sweet.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

everything seems too rushed in the manga. what happened to the days of 5+ chapters per fight plus optional flashback?

anyway........naruto must be under genjutsu because hello freaking sakura and the old lady transform into itachis so what the heck is happening there. i'm guessing it has something to do with the "akatsuki members only ring" :P

Wow, it's hard to please people. You make a battle last over a month, people complain about the series dragging, you make it last a couple of weeks, and they say it's going too fast.

All things considered, I don't consider these battles major fights. In fact... I can't wait to see the nail that sticks out that is Itachi get pounded in. ^^

Originally posted by Himizujin_Eternia@May 5 2005, 01:14 PM
    Edit: Wow, I sound rather fanboyish there. But there's no denying that episode was sweet.
    [snapback]42640[/snapback]
    Absolutely not. I've never smiled so much watching Naruto before, the animation was simply off the chain. Lee vs. Gaara or the Hokage battle, cannot hang with this episode, in terms of fluid animation sequences. I do agree the art looks a little funky in areas because the quality of the animation has shot up so suddenly over what we're used to seeing.

Which pisses me off in regards One Piece, because we'll probably never see even 30 seconds of the same sort of caliber of animation in the toei anime, that's in this & other episodes of Naruto.

Oh God.
    This is officially my fave ep of Naruto ever.

The episode was indeed awesome, one of the best, despite the inhumanly cheesy music of the beginning part :P (I just had to turn off the sounds while it was on). I haven't seen a Naruto episode in a long time though but if they all were like this I would watch them all just for the animation - who cares of the contents...
    Wow, it's hard to please people.
    Yes it is and I'm one of those people. I dislike the last few chapter, I really do. It feels like that instead of reading a comic I would be following a figthing game and that's a no no. It's possible to balance between story and action but here Kishimoto keeps on failing. I still don't even get why these fights took place at the begin with. I guess I've to give the series a break again, a really long one too.

Nunchakas owns... Hopefully Lee also has a cool weapon.. (tonfas would be nice)

now that's a great ep. :)

Battle Franky never say never dude :D
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Wow, maybe I'll download this episode. Which parts did it cover (chapter numbers don't do much for me)?

"People say, is it the afro that makes the champion, or the champion that makes the afro...?
    It is still unexplained by modern science!!"

From after Naruto heals himself from a Chidori right through his chest, to when Sasuke activates his Second Stage Curse Seal.

Just saw 133 and uh...wow. The animation was so smooth! But the art style was a bit strange. Anyway, I'm surprised so much was included in that one episode. I expected the fight to last five episodes or more, but looking at the preview, it ends next week.

Any idea what asakujaku means? From some of the replies here and the attack shape, I'm guessing it has something to do with Peacocks... and I think "jaku" refers to youth or youthfulness.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

From what I know, kujaku means peacock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

ah, you're right.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

well the ep 133 was fast and good. it happened in 20 min what we've been waitinf for 1 month in the manga. it's so cool! i like when the style is funky in naruto, it means that the ep is excellent! cf gaara vs lee. i felt as happy as when i watched the whole chunnin exam, when naruto was so good. too bad the anime will end in 2 eps (i don't know what will happen next, there's jsut no way that they'll imediatly animate the gaiden chapters then the 2nd part). maybe they made a deal with kishi, and they'll show naruto's training for the 2,5 years gap (just kidding :P )

258 was... well yoska is right, everything is going too fast, i can't see the meaning if theses fights. it's clear that naruto won't win against itachi, or i'll stop reading naruto. i hope gai will win coz' i really like him, even if i'd prefer seeing lee or neji fighting more.

Oh god!
    The funniest part was when Sasuke was blown away by Naruto's chakra wave.
    LOOK AT HIS FACE!

it's so fun that sasuke never saw naruto's real power before (well, in fact he did, when naruto was fighting gaara, but it seems that he somehow forgot) even if it's on a total different level now.

i like the "you are weak, brat" that kyubi says.

Originally posted by igalsfy@May 6 2005, 06:35 AM
    258 was... well yoska is right, everything is going too fast, i can't see the meaning if theses fights. it's clear that naruto won't win against itachi, or i'll stop reading naruto. i hope gai will win coz' i really like him, even if i'd prefer seeing lee or neji fighting more.
    [snapback]43406[/snapback]
    Alright, I'm sick of hearing this "no meaning in these fights" crap.

1.) Naruto, Kakashi and Sakura are on a mission. To investigate the kidnapping of Kazekage and to support the Sand. Going to attack Akatsuki is part of that mission now.
    2.) Gai, Lee, Neji and Tenten are also on a mission, to back up Team Kakashi. Pakkun found them, and the four ended up entering Akatsuki territory a little before Team Kakashi did.
    3.) When each team entered Akatsuki's range, the leader sent Kisame and Itachi to fight them.

Therefore, fights like this should be expected on this mission. Now, here's the real fun part for this fight, and why even Naruto might be able to win.

Right now, a good portion of Akatsuki's power seems focused on drawing Shukaku out of Gaara. Kisame, the one who apparently has the highest chakra capacity, is giving 30%. Therefore, the others are likely giving even more. Itachi may even be only at half power, or even less. On a final note, Naruto has been training for two and a half years. All for the purpose of being able to defend himself against Akatsuki. I think right now he has a GOOD chance of winning this battle.

Of course, it likely isn't the end of either Kisame or Itachi. I do agree that would be too easy.

And as for the battles going to fast... remember, this is just the preliminary part of the story arc, so battles aren't going to take 2 months to complete. Heck, technically, the fights have been going on for 4 chapters now. Good typical length of a shonen battle.

There, that make it easier to understand as to why they're fighting? Actually reading the manga helps a good deal.

Originally posted by Himizujin_Eternia@May 6 2005, 03:18 PM
    Actually reading the manga helps a good deal.
    dude, do you insinue that we don't read it?

i don't like this last sentence, but i agree with the most part of what you say. it's just that i think that it's going too fast. i only explain how i feel about it, sorry if you disagree. it's just that i find the manga really different from what it was before and for now i prefer the part 1. let's hope that kishimoto will change my mind.

Thread Information