Page 179 of 301 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

She barely contributed to Sasori's defeat, so I don't see how that means much of anything.

And progress? She sat through one fight with puppet man, and right after that she went immediately back to the bench. What did she do during that Orochimaru saga? Get shocked and fall off a bridge. So much for superhuman strength.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter
    She barely contributed to Sasori's defeat, so I don't see how that means much of anything.

And progress? She sat through one fight with puppet man, and right after that she went immediately back to the bench. What did she do during that Orochimaru saga? Get shocked and fall off a bridge. So much for superhuman strength.
    She contributed, that's what I'm saying. Letting someone use your body as a puppet isn't that small a deal, since your putting yourself in direct danger. How can you say to someone who risked their life that there efforts were worthless? Plus, one could easily say that Chiyo would have lost without Sakura, so what's the difference? 70% still isn't a whole.

And "sat though?" That's like saying someone sat through a war, which any soldier should rightfully punch you out for. She dodged several deadly attacks, and even went so far as to take a stab in the gut. Besides, one fight seems to be a lot in this slow paced story. And why do you expect her to be able to beat Orochimaru? What, she should go zero to hero just like that?

I dunno, I just don't hate her. Whatever, there are far worse people in the world then Sakura. Like Orochimaru--what an asshole! As for being, "forced" on us, well this manga wastes a lot of time anyway! I can't focus on one character who's wasting time when it's the managaka's fault for that anyway.

I wasn't expecting her to do anything like beating Orochimaru, but look at what she did during that fight

"oh, I'm so helpless... I'm falling off a bridge... ooohoohogryhngys"

True, I do hate Orochimaru more than Sakura. But I still hate Sakura none-the-less.

I pretty much hate most of the characters in the manga at this point.

Particularly the main characters, I don't hate Sakura, but she and the rest of Team 7 are just blergh. They're just not as interesting as many of the side characters, I mean, Naruto has what? Two attacks? Kage Bunshin and Rasengan. The only characters I really have any attachment to are Jiraiya and Shikamaru.

Why is there no Naruto chapter this week? Did Kishimoto take a week off to come up with more bad ideas or something?

I think coming up with Akatsuki's main objective drained all of his creative juices.

A half dead snail has more creative juice than that. Let's hope his week off pays off.

Fifty cents it won't.

Angry much? 16 characters

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

Nah, I just like odd analogies. :P It's possible that he might pull something interesting off, I certainly hope so.

I think it may be decent but in comparison to what One Piece has just done in the last 4-5 chapters, it will be nothing. Yes, you heard me right, Gaara praised One Piece over Naruto (when have you ever heard me do that). I still like them both equally but One Piece is kicking severe ass right now.

On a side-note: Sakura & Ussop still need to be flung into the sun.

As Usopp is basically anyone of us in a world full of Sin City leads and X-men I think he does an amazing job.

Usopp and Sakura are indeed very comparable, even if Usopp doesn't completely reach Sakura's level of uselessness.

And Zephos I know you like your idea of Usopp being OP's everyman but in light of latest development, it doesn't hold much water. He's the son of one of the Emperors gunner, likely possesses the same skills genetically inherited and acts far too unrealistically to fill the role anyway.
    Last edited by Aldrich; November 3rd, 2006 at 09:43 PM.

He had a love affair with a boat.

Haha... Basically.

"Anyone of us" uh?

He sniped from a mile away :x

He's right, everyone can relate to having sex with a boat. I remember the time I had intercouse with a b.........wait no I can't. LOL

Does that mean Kaku is the child of Usopp and Going Merry?

Quote Originally Posted by Aethos
    Does that mean Kaku is the child of Usopp and Going Merry?
    Well Kaku's nose does like like wood & Ussop carries the long nose trait as well. Oda is god, yet another One Piece mystery solved.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. All Sunday
    A half dead snail has more creative juice than that. Let's hope his week off pays off.

Fifty cents it won't.
    As much as I hate Kishimoto's current writing, to his defense, what exactly were you lot expecting? Akatsuki from the start was a clichéd evil organization made up of the Ninja World's most powerful baddies; of how many possible original objectives could such a group be working to achieve? Here are the common ones:

1. Godhood.
    2. World Destruction.
    3. World Domination.
    4. Ultimate Knowledge.
    5. Ultimate Power.
    6. Ultimate Wealth.

Pretty much, that's all Kishimoto has to pick from; monopolizing the world's ninja mercenaries fits into "ultimate power + wealth", and world domination is obvious.

At the very least, Akatsuki's goal is more in the long term than, say, Orochimaru; I hate Orochimaru not just because of his homosexuality and feminine charm, but his goal is extremely short sighted and he's pursuing it with an astounding amount of zeal/vigor. He'll stop at nothing to learn all the world's jutsu...and after that, well...oh bother.

Not everyone can come up with seven all-powerful former-pirates gone government dogs acting as world police.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Thread Information